For anyone on the fence thinking about going from the 6S Plus to the 6S, or getting either

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So I've owned ALL the Notes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5,, and every model and size iphone ever made.

For the last few weeks I've been thinking about swapping out my 6S Plus for a 6S.

After much agonizing I finally did swap out my 6S Plus 64gb for the 6S 64gb and to my amazement I'm much happier with the smaller easier to handle form factor of the 6S,, so I have no regrets and no big screen withdrawal at all,,, I was really worried about all that.

I'm not a heavy power user or gamer so battery life has been fine so far on my 6S and most of the time I have either my iPad Air 2 or iPad mini with me,, my iPad Pro always stays at home.

On a side note (pun intended) last week I spent a few days at home comparing my 6S Plus against the new Galaxy S7 Edge,, all I can say on that one is Apple really really really needs to step up their camera when the iPhone 7 comes out, the AMOLED screen on the Galaxy's and Notes and their cameras totally blow away the iPhones,, it's not even a fair contest.

Wish I could take that Galaxy 7 camera and shove it into my iPhone.

Back on topic: hopefully with the iPhone 7 we will get MUCH smaller bezels, a much better camera and hopefully an OLED screen.

Anyhow, I'm totally fine with going from the 6S Plus to the 6S and it's a keeper.

Now I'm just waiting to see what the iPhone 7 and the Note 6 bring.

Cheers
Davyo

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Well I have only ever owned one android phone, the Galaxy S5, but I have owned all the iPhones. I have stayed with the iPhone purely because of ease of use and it works well in my working environment. I currently own a iPhone 6 and have enjoyed it since being launched. Thought the Plus was too big at that time. Well things have changed and I've been looking forward to the launch of the 7. It will be a bit yet. But the 7 Plus is now my focus. Hoping for big things with the 7. Not sure we will see the OLED screen till maybe the 8. I would like a smaller bezel though. Camera I hope for a decent surprise. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've had the Note 4 and now the Note 5 to go along with my 6S Plus. I guess my tired old eyes have just gotten too accustomed to the larger screens for me to go back to anything smaller now. Davyo, I agree about the screen for the Samsung, it is really incredible. Apple does have some catching up to do in that regard.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Originally I bought the 6s plus and ended up returning it in the 14 day window and went with the 6s. No regrets at all. The screen size and the battery life were nice, but the 6s is just more manageable than the 6s+ was. And I do admit I played with the galaxy S7 at the Verizon store yesterday, what an amazing picture quality on that screen, I would like to see Apple up their game in that department. Not that the iPhone is anything to sneeze at.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I did the opposite. Swapped from the 6 to the 6s Plus for the bigger and better screen, as well as the amazing battery life.

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
While I wouldn't be able to go back to using a 4" screen after owning the 6 Plus, my wife definitely would get the 5se as an upgrade from her current 5s. I think there is still a market for 4" screens phones. Sometimes I'll pick up her phone and am a little jealous that it's so easy to use one handed, but I couldn't give up the real estate at this point.

Sabihondo

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm also hopeful for an OLED screen this year but I'm not going to hold my breath. The camera isn't too important for me since I use a good digital camera that syncs photos to my phone.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6s but I really wish I got the iPhone 6s Plus because I want a bigger screen and better camera.

Having owned the 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus and now back to the 6S, I have to say I never noticed any difference in picture quality with the Plus models.

Perhaps if you're running or jogging while shooting video you would notice the OIS on the Plus models, but since I don't jog or run when shooting video I'm thinkin I'm ok.

From hands-on ownership of ALL the iPhones my personal experience has got me believing the OIS on the Plus models is very over rated.

Cheers
Davyo

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had both the 6 and 6 plus last year. Got the plus out of curiosity. Switched between the two every few weeks. I knew I'd get tired of the plus as soon as the weather warmed up and I didn't have jacket pockets. Sure enough, sold it in the summer. This time around, I just got the 6s and love it.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I like the size features of both. The smaller size looks sexier to me. But my eyes need the bigger screen. I also like the better battery. Yesterday I went from 7am to midnight and I'm somewhat of a power user. Ended the night with 52 percent. That's awesome. So in theory I could have done it all over again the next day and been fine. But the 1080p screen with more real estate and better battery life just does it for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried to go from an iPhone 6 Plus to an iPhone 6S, but that didn't work out for me. I mean, I loved the iPhone 6S in and of itself, but I am too accustomed to the larger screen and therefore I switched it out for the 6S Plus. When the next flagship iPhone is released, I'll get the Plus size in that also.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
As the OP of this thread I'm going on one week now with the smaller 6S and "for me" adjusting to the smaller screen has been a breeze.

Having owned ALL the Notes and the Plus sized iPhones I kinda didn't think it would be so easy having the smaller screen after years of owning all bigger screens (all my Notes), then the Plus's when they got released,,,,,, I think the adjustment has been made so easy because I just got tired of carrying bigger phones all the time,,, the 6S now feels perfect to me.

Of course I'll be checking out the new iPhone 7 and 7 Plus along with the Note 6 to see what they bring,,,,, I just love my T-Mobile jump on demand, it's so perfect for a phone junkie such as myself.

Cheers
Davyo

jason_mog

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I have heard people say the 6/S Plus was a little too big and they switched to 6/S. My wife has a 6Plus and loves it. She can see better, she says. ^_^ I think you really I have to know your use case. I am going to switch from a 5S to a 6S (or maybe 7). I don't see me using the biggest screen. I am thinking about pocket space and the things I would do on it. I have an iPad Air 2 if I need a larger screen.

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I've tried to move from the iPhone 6 plus to the 6s and couldn't. returned it after two days and grabbed the 6s plus. and as far as galaxy phones i can't anymore with samsung. The phones are always great but no support after you buy them. To get the next android update in a timely manner you literally have to buy the next generation of the phone. Excited for the iPhone 7

WolfBanner87

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I also feel Samsung and other manufacturer give you quad hd screens at the scarfice of other things like battery life and processing power. pushing all those pixels. i'm just fine with a crisp 1080p screen and great battery life

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I also feel Samsung and other manufacturer give you quad hd screens at the scarfice of other things like battery life and processing power. pushing all those pixels. i'm just fine with a crisp 1080p screen and great battery life

My Note 5 gave me just as good of battery life as my 6 Plus and 6S Plus and my ALL my Notes especially the 5 were super fast,,, not to mention the camera on my Note 5 put my iPhone cameras to shame.

On a side note (pun intended),,, the Samsung's and the iPhones both have their pros and cons,, I've always had fun bouncing back and fourth between them.

Cheers
Davyo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods