Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's lots of different reasons to be honest. More phone choices to work on with different hardware is one. U are right they was slow as heck with updates in the past. That's the good thing about android though. I never had to wait for an update on my old phones just did it myself.

You and I would along with the members of AC are a small segment of the vast majority of consumers who know how to flash OTA files and kernels and custom roms. When I owned all my Android phones I rooted and flashed like crazy.

Mellimel22

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
You and I would along with the members of AC are a small segment of the vast majority of consumers who know how to flash OTA files and kernels and custom roms. When I owned all my Android phones I rooted and flashed like crazy.
We might be a minority that knows how to root but now days root is becoming less and less unnecessary imo.

drinkoldcoke

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I tried the S7 Edge and got it home and it just didn't seem to work right as I couldn't get a signal and I have been doing research and people have been having problems with it due to the antenna on it. There seems to be two different antennas on the device the one on the unlocked version is the best one and the one on the on contract one uses an inferior one and that is what causes the problem. I could not get the phone to lock onto a signal and anytime I made or received a call it would disconnect and I even got tech support from AT&T and they told me to return the phone and I just ended up getting a 6s Plus as I had a 6 Plus!

If you have Sprint, it could just be ****ty Sprint reception and not the phone. I have 1 "bar"in the basement and maybe 2 by an upstairs window ! I have the same phone as you.

Butterfly2

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
My bff just got the S7 Edge and she me on it last night sounded like she was in a big steel ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464452845.778125.jpgmetal drum then got garbled then totally disconnected us...she me back from her landline and she said she's been having issues with the phone...I never liked the edge phones!

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My bff just got the S7 Edge and she me on it last night sounded like she was in a big steel View attachment 107411metal drum then got garbled then totally disconnected us...she me back from her landline and she said she's been having issues with the phone...I never liked the edge phones!

Their disconnection could be caused by her service provider. As for the steel drum i can testify to that. I think its because of the water proofing that causes the sound quality change of the device.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Their disconnection could be caused by her service provider. As for the steel drum i can testify to that. I think its because of the water proofing that causes the sound quality change of the device.

Interesting. I don't have that same experience. In fact, with Verizon's HD voice - whether using my iPhone or S7 Edge - I'm often told it sounds like I'm sitting next to whomever I'm speaking with.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. I don't have that same experience. In fact, with Verizon's HD voice - whether using my iPhone or S7 Edge - I'm often told it sounds like I'm sitting next to whomever I'm speaking with.
Yea I'm on verizon now, we have the s7 and s7 edge. Both have this extreme echo and sound like you lr talking in a barrel at times

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Considering replacing my Note 4 with the S7. Just don't want to lose the ir blaster. Nice phone. Awesome functionality. The only reason I carry Apple products is because of the ecosystem. Android is much more advanced and Samsung makes some of the best Android devices.

jfree3000

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Samsung has locked down the s7/edge and there is not root at least for the US version, I am soooo glad I didn't jump ship even though I am dying for a jailbreak.

bkorver

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
One thing you have to give Samsung is that their screens are insanely awesome. Other than that it's all about user preference in my mind.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
One thing you have to give Samsung is that their screens are insanely awesome. Other than that it's all about user preference in my mind.

I use an iPhone and an S7 Edge. Love them both, but when switching from the Edge back to the iPhone, it's almost painful because of the screen difference. I do hope Apple steps it up with the screen, as rumored. (Though not until 2017 or '18 apparently.)

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I use an iPhone and an S7 Edge. Love them both, but when switching from the Edge back to the iPhone, it's almost painful because of the screen difference. I do hope Apple steps it up with the screen, as rumored. (Though not until 2017 or '18 apparently.)

So true I'm using a s7 edge also just to see what android is all about these days and have to admit the camera and screen on the edge is amazing.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
It's not for me. I do like android and occasionally do like having an android phone, but I doubt I will ever get a Samsung phone.

Heads up for anybody who is interested in getting an s7 edge... I was in Best Buy yesterday and noticed a sale sign for the s7 edge. Apparently they are giving away 32" Samsung tvs to anybody who will buy an s7.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have also switched from iPhone to s7. It is an amazing Phone. Love the screen. Is just getting used to android

Yeah I'm on day 3 with it. The phone is awesome but I'm so used to iOS having iMessage iCloud photo sharing with my family FaceTime just not sure It's worth losing for a better screen/camera device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice