Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I may actually return to my 6s+ . I'm currently using a S7 Edge now, for the moment. I had very bad battery drain in the beginning. Since removing and disabling some apps battery life is much better. But it will never touch the iPhone standby time.

I don't like the fact that I have to remove or disable anything for the phone to give me decent battery.

The S7 Edge is an awesome phone except for battery. I guess that's what fast charging is for.

So far for me S7 Edge looks good on the outside but the iPhone is better on the inside. Function over form and all of the extras/customization.

On the fence right now, if the 7plus or pro announced a better screen, wider camera range, and changed the gallery. I'd be all over it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I may actually return to my 6s+ . I'm currently using a S7 Edge now, for the moment. I had very bad battery drain in the beginning. Since removing and disabling some apps battery life is much better. But it will never touch the iPhone standby time.

I don't like the fact that I have to remove or disable anything for the phone to give me decent battery.

The S7 Edge is an awesome phone except for battery. I guess that's what fast charging is for.

So far for me S7 Edge looks good on the outside but the iPhone is better on the inside. Function over form and all of the extras/customization.

On the fence right now, if the 7plus or pro announced a better screen, wider camera range, and changed the gallery. I'd be all over it.

I picked up an S7 edge and although I haven't seen a ton of battery drain, there's just something about it that rubs me the wrong way. I think it's that everything needs to be adjusted, disabled, etc. for it to run properly. It's a beautiful phone and has a ton of cool options. But at the end of the day, it's just too much. And I don't trust it to work as intended like I do my iPhone. That being said, I think I'm staying with my 6s Plus and Apple. Probably grab a Mac or iPad, too.

Funny thing is, I only got this iPhone as a placeholder for the S7 as I've been with Android for so long (basically since 2011). But now it seems like I'm becoming more and more of an Apple covert.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You could use iCloud Drive if you have an aversion to iTunes. You can upload said files to your iCloud drive on your computer. Then open up the iCloud Drive app on your iPad. From there you can steam or download your files.

Exactly. I can't remember the last time I even TOUCHED iTunes.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Don't count on it. That used to be my priority but not anymore. My #1 priority is that everything work as it should without me begging it too. As good as the Galaxy's are, there is always something that isn't quite like it should be. The iPhone has come a long way since the days of the 3gs and I've gotten older. Since I know all the issues in owning one, I made the leap knowing exactly what I was getting myself into. Haven't regretted it yet and all my BT devices always work.

The only company I ever had repeated hardware failure with was numerous Samsung. I use a flagship Sony Xperia as my company provided phone so I'm current on Android.

Every day I appreciate the reliability of Apple more and more.

As beautiful as the S7 Edge and the S6 Edge are, and they are and they have tempted me as recently as 2 hours ago...all I have to do is remember my LAST flagship Samsung.

Then I go back to stroking my precious 6S+ Heh.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I picked up an S7 edge and although I haven't seen a ton of battery drain, there's just something about it that rubs me the wrong way. I think it's that everything needs to be adjusted, disabled, etc. for it to run properly. It's a beautiful phone and has a ton of cool options. But at the end of the day, it's just too much. And I don't trust it to work as intended like I do my iPhone. That being said, I think I'm staying with my 6s Plus and Apple. Probably grab a Mac or iPad, too.

Funny thing is, I only got this iPhone as a placeholder for the S7 as I've been with Android for so long (basically since 2011). But now it seems like I'm becoming more and more of an Apple covert.

Literally for my Sammy device all i did was use package disabled pro and i get 5+ days of standby and 10+ hours. On my iPhone i had to adjust all my settings to even push out 8 hrs a day of use. And i don't have Facebook app installed on my iPhone but i do on my note.

I'm seriously wtb 10+ hrs on my iPhone.

Intense Soul

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
I am new to android with my blackberry priv so I do not how well my phone will work down the road and whether I will encounter problems with Android. Priv is not rootable (good for blackberry). As of now phone works great and I use it a lot every day.

IPhone is not for me but I know apple makes good product. I own two apple products

1. Ipad
2. Ipod

Ipod is .... 10 years old. It is 60gb and it is still kicking and I listen to music on it daily. So I know apple makes high quality products that do last loooong time. However I dislike how I need to use itunes to transfer music etc. It is painful

With my priv I just connect phone to pc via USB and I transfer stuff in no time. This is what I like.

If you've new iPhone, the iTunes gives you option of "sync" wireless. It's a good and best option. If I add any new song into my iTunes, they get sync to my iPhone. The other best part is you can do back up as well. The basic concept is the PC or iMac and iPhone/ iPad should be linked to same wifi

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I would switch either. I was messing around at best buy and playing with the s7 edge. The sales lady +asked if I was interested and I said a little. She said they had one left and of course I caved. Lol

I traded my 6s plus and got the s7 edge. I love both android and ios. So far the s7 is rock solid. I will see how it holds up. Looking forward to the iPhone 7 and seeing what apple comes up with.

ianeb

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
All this talk of "can't transfer files" and connecting to a pc/iTunes..... Clearly shows the people that haven't used an iPhone properly for a while. I can't remember the last time I physically connected my iPhone to a computer, it's just not necessary. I use Apple Music ( or you can wifi sync), any file I want or need I can get to using Onedrive, iCloud or Microsoft word/Excel.... I've never thought "oh no! I must connect to the pc for that file!" It's 2016, most people stream using Spotify or Apple Music these days. The old argument from android users who could fill up an sd card with music or drag and drop is just void these days, I have access to far more music than any sd card can carry and I can download playlists as and when I need them should I be going somewhere that might not have good reception.

Plugging a phone into a computer seems rather retro to me, we live in an age where wires are gradually becoming redundant. Only thing I use one for is to charge.

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not normally a Samsung fan, but I feel that they did some good stuff on this one. Waterproof, good camera, large-ish battery, and SD card slot are all appealing... and given some of the awesome deals that carriers have (buy one, get one free!), I had really thought about switching.

But all it took was a trip to the AC Forums: wake lock, 30% system usage, turning off WIFI Bluetooth NFC, etc. etc,.... All the same crap over again to remind me why I don't use Android for my daily driver.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No. It won't work with my Apple Watch and I'm all about continuity with my iPad and Mac. No interest.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If I were to go back to Android, it'd have to be for a Nexus device as I don't like how slowly all of the other Android phones get software and security updates. I actually tried to go back to a Nexus 5X this week but couldn't do it. Apps loaded a lot slower and battery life was terrible compared to my 6s. If I'm going to switch to anything, it'll be the iPhone SE as I'd love to go back to having a phone that I'll almost forget is in my pocket.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I may have considered it but I pulled my old Android Galaxy S4 out of the drawer and it didn't take me long to get my Android fix. since it is rumored that apple is bringing out another 4" device next week I got my spare Iphone 5 out and got it going for right now to see if I can live with a 4" device again. It sure feels good in the hand but I'm not sure my 60 year old eyes can deal with it. We will find out over the next few days

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I am not normally a Samsung fan, but I feel that they did some good stuff on this one. Waterproof, good camera, large-ish battery, and SD card slot are all appealing... and given some of the awesome deals that carriers have (buy one, get one free!), I had really thought about switching.

But all it took was a trip to the AC Forums: wake lock, 30% system usage, turning off WIFI Bluetooth NFC, etc. etc,.... All the same crap over again to remind me why I don't use Android for my daily driver.

You forgot about the dead power/volume buttons that require a soft reset to fix and a persistent SD card notification that comes back constantly.

I'm running back to my iPhone.

abdon_junbug

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I've thought about it. They seem very slick!
Android has come a long way. I wonder if Samsung has fixed the issue where they don't update the OS. When I used Android, it drove my crazy knowing that newer versions had been released but my device was either on a wait list or unsupported. When your device has reached end-of-life in less than two years it loses a lot of value. Forget specs. iPhones simply hold their value for longer. That goes a long way given how much we spend on these devices.

shaolinfinest

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I made the switch and so far I have been very pleased. I have also picked up the Gear S2 and the two together worked perfectly. I will continue to use this device as my main phone maybe until the iPhone 7 comes out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen