Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 341
Like Tree247Likes
  1. #126  
    ikansas's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    I'm. Currently using an lg g4 and can't decide between the s7 edge or the 6s plus. The edge is really an stunning device.
  2. #127  
    DX9
    DX9 is offline
    DX9's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,048 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    Blackberry torch is an old phone from years ago. Blackberry phones today and years ago are just much different. I had all touch phones for last two years but I am glad to be back with physical keyboard. It is nice to type with actual keys. I still use virtual keyboard but not as much. You should check out priv. Nothing beats typing and actually see entire screen not only 50 percent of it. I also use priv for scrolling pages etc.


    Anyhow I use yaata,bbm and whatsup for messaging most people I know who have Iphones do have these apps as well.

    I like Android widgets and customizations. I do prefer android freedom. I feel apple policies are meant to serve apple only.

    I think consumer already spoke. Just like Mac os was rejected in favour of Windows same is happening with mobile os. Sure apple sales a lot of phones and it is best apple product but compared to android apple market share is much smaller. Eventually it will be same as with windows

    Tiny fraction of entire phone market. It I think this is first year for iPhone when sales are projected to decline.

    My priv can do things apple will never be able to do.
    I think it way more productive tool. Also having google services is so much better. Gmail, google maps, google drive. Apple does not offer any of these services on its own at least at the same quality as apple.

    For a company that makes so much money I am surprised apple is so slow with pure innovation.

    Apple should spend billions to match google and make it even better.

    All of this I typed on physical keyboard. Notice no mistakes. Something like virtual keyboard will never be able to do.
    Glad the Priv is for you. Not for me. I don't care for physical keyboards. I type just fine with the iPhone keyboard. As I stated before I don't use other messaging apps. The messaging app on the iPhone is just fine by me. No point in me having the others when I simply do not need it. High Resolution Pics and HD videos and FaceTime are what I want.

    Google Maps, Gmail, Google Photos and Drive is what I use on my iPhone. Works perfectly. I don't know what's so different using it on my Nexus 6p I had.

    You don't need to justify your decision on an Android device. I like Android. Always will to a certain extent. Not my fault that I like having an iPhone better
  3. #128  
    ianeb's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Some great points in this thread, and it's mostly stayed on topic! Generally threads like this turn into Apple versus Google and fanboys arguing.

    I do notice though that the android users do get more protective and always bring up iOS short-comings, happens all the time like its something new! We are all aware of the lack of customisation, but seriously, people who buy iPhones do not care about changing icons, colour of the status bar, the way the screen transitions, the icon size, font etc etc. If we wanted to do that, we'd buy an android device!

    Over the last couple of years I have owned several android devices, because I love tech and like trying things. I use them for no longer than 6 months and generally cannot wait to get back to iPhone. I had a Nexus 6p which, is a stonking bit of hardware, it really is a brilliant handset. Unfortunately for me it's android that always leaves me frustrated. As someone already mentioned, there's far too much messing about with settings and "baby sitting" the OS to get the best battery and performance. No two days are the same either, one day I'd be raving about the battery and the next day, wondering why I've only had 2 hours SOT with 20% battery left! With all my iPhone's, the battery is superb, reliable and lasts ages, every day. No issues, just works and I don't have to limit and/or turn off several key features either. I also get fed up with all the customisation, I find myself constantly fiddling and it gets annoying!

    We all like different things, fact is, it's rare any manufacturer releases a poor handset these days, they're all made to a high spec. Samsung make great hardware, however their software is nothing short of awful. They listened and added the sd card back and waterproofing but never listen to what people say about their terrible skin over android! Someone said Apple copies Samsung, that was hilarious because it appears the other way round. Samsung have been desperate over the last couple years to make an "iPhone" the last couple phones could look much more like an iPhone if they tried! Even some of the latest touch wiz looks remarkably like iOS! They all copy one and other, it happens all the time in the tech world and really is no big deal. We have an abundance of amazing tech around us, there's enough for all of us to enjoy.

    I'm no fanboy or tied to a manufacturer, if Samsung made vanilla android device, id probably buy one. But I reckon eventually i'll just go back to iOS as I always do! iOS feels like home, always works, works well with all my other iOS devices and Bluetooth devices.

    I personally cannot stand googles services, tried them and apart from maps and keep, I don't like them. Apple don't need to spend billions to be like Google, Google, Samsung, HTC etc have been spending millions to be as successful as Apple. There may be millions more android handsets out there but none of them make anywhere near as much money as Apple, and not one android handset manufacturer sells anywhere near the amount iPhones do.

    Oh, and I wrote all of this on a virtual keyboard, no mistakes..... Go figure
    DX9, atrsh, swarlos and 2 others like this.
  4. #129  
    Kevniv's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Maybe a Moto Flip is more your size!
  5. #130  
    mellonxcollie's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    I also constantly switch between iPhones and Androids, although I haven't used an Android device since the Nexus 4.

    I had considered getting a Galaxy S6 last year, but the S7 isn't doing it for me. I'd be more interested if the US version used the Exynos chip like the overseas version, and last year's Galaxy. Not a huge fan of Qualcomm. Only sort of considering it for the free Samsung VR bundle for early adopters, but I'd have to buy one before the end of the day, and that seems super unlikely.

    My next phone will be either the iPhone 7 or the next Nexus. I don't mind TouchWiz, but I do like having updates on day one, and only Nexus phones offer that.
  6. #131  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,984 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    I have no problems with my new blackberry priv. It works without problems. I do have ipad and it works just fine. Apple has good quality hardware I just find that ios is nothing more than launcher for apps. Android is much more sophisticated. It is mobile version of Windows.
    That's what jail breaking is for. With every release of Android or a major OEM handset one of the main questions most people ask those who have had hands on with the software or device is about lag. That's been the pain point for many users since I can remember being on Android since 2010. I don't recall that question being asked about any iPhone that's been released.
  7. #132  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,984 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,685 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
    I also constantly switch between iPhones and Androids, although I haven't used an Android device since the Nexus 4.

    I had considered getting a Galaxy S6 last year, but the S7 isn't doing it for me. I'd be more interested if the US version used the Exynos chip like the overseas version, and last year's Galaxy. Not a huge fan of Qualcomm. Only sort of considering it for the free Samsung VR bundle for early adopters, but I'd have to buy one before the end of the day, and that seems super unlikely.

    My next phone will be either the iPhone 7 or the next Nexus. I don't mind TouchWiz, but I do like having updates on day one, and only Nexus phones offer that.
    Nexus phones don't even offer day one updates unless you feel comfortable flashing images to your phone.
  8. #133  
    ryga's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    So can i ask...is it possible for you to gimme one...say the note 4 or the note edge😊😊😊
  9. #134  
    ryga's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Oh it will work out for him/her for sure...you dont like samsung fine and good he or she likes samsung. I d say hes the perfect phone user has the best of both worlds. Samsung might be late on updates we all know thats bad and annoying but every phone has its bad spot, no phone is perfect not even iphone. If ur used to swapping batteries and expandable storage iphone will appear like a curse to you. Besides most of the features androin N is bringing are stuffs samsung had since s4. I also noticed mpst people who complain about touchwiz being laggy hasnt tried the new touchwiz...try the note 5 or s6 edge plus...use it for more than a week learn the tricks and tips in the phone, im sure if i use iphone for 1hr i would hate it but if i use it for 1 week i will see what it has to offer...same goes for every other phone. In summary try other phones...they might have something ur iphone doesnt offer...thats why not everybody is using the iphone, thats why there are so many oems out there. Me as an end user every phone has something to offer me and i will have them all if i can.
  10. #135  
    ryga's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    So i will have to go thru this rigmarole just to transfer file when i can use xender or usb and take the file from any other device besides iphone. People say iphone is simple and easy to use i don see that happening in ma own case.
  11. #136  
    ryga's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Hahahahhaaa...thats the biggest bash on s7e i ve heard since launch. Pls stop reading from whatever source you got that info...they will soon tell u the world is not earth but pluto
  12. #137  

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    sp44 likes this.
  13. #138  
    bitek's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,293 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    That's what jail breaking is for. With every release of Android or a major OEM handset one of the main questions most people ask those who have had hands on with the software or device is about lag. That's been the pain point for many users since I can remember being on Android since 2010. I don't recall that question being asked about any iPhone that's been released.
    I am new to android with my blackberry priv so I do not how well my phone will work down the road and whether I will encounter problems with Android. Priv is not rootable (good for blackberry). As of now phone works great and I use it a lot every day.

    IPhone is not for me but I know apple makes good product. I own two apple products

    1. Ipad
    2. Ipod

    Ipod is .... 10 years old. It is 60gb and it is still kicking and I listen to music on it daily. So I know apple makes high quality products that do last loooong time. However I dislike how I need to use itunes to transfer music etc. It is painful

    With my priv I just connect phone to pc via USB and I transfer stuff in no time. This is what I like.
  14. #139  
    DEman19901's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    I traded in my iPhone 6 for the S7 Edge. At the time the iPhone 6 was being used as a paperweight. I have an older 5S that is primarily being used as an iPod. I am not going back to iPhone as my DD until IOS gets a major overhaul. Way too limited for my use.
  15. #140  

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DEman19901 View Post
    I traded in my iPhone 6 for the S7 Edge. At the time the iPhone 6 was being used as a paperweight. I have an older 5S that is primarily being used as an iPod. I am not going back to iPhone as my DD until IOS gets a major overhaul. Way too limited for my use.
    I understand, the same thing happened to me with my SG3 and Note3. One day I looked up and my Android devices was taking a long nap on my nightstand. I decided to use my Apple iPhone 5s full time and never looked back. I enjoy the customization that Android provides, but that's about it. Maybe one day I will return, but not today.
    Intense Soul likes this.
  16. #141  
    Dukins's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,965 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    I may actually return to my 6s+ . I'm currently using a S7 Edge now, for the moment. I had very bad battery drain in the beginning. Since removing and disabling some apps battery life is much better. But it will never touch the iPhone standby time.

    I don't like the fact that I have to remove or disable anything for the phone to give me decent battery.

    The S7 Edge is an awesome phone except for battery. I guess that's what fast charging is for.

    So far for me S7 Edge looks good on the outside but the iPhone is better on the inside. Function over form and all of the extras/customization.

    On the fence right now, if the 7plus or pro announced a better screen, wider camera range, and changed the gallery. I'd be all over it.
    Spencerdl and jianrong like this.
  17. #142  
    Wildo6882's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,040 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,816 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dukins View Post
    I may actually return to my 6s+ . I'm currently using a S7 Edge now, for the moment. I had very bad battery drain in the beginning. Since removing and disabling some apps battery life is much better. But it will never touch the iPhone standby time.

    I don't like the fact that I have to remove or disable anything for the phone to give me decent battery.

    The S7 Edge is an awesome phone except for battery. I guess that's what fast charging is for.

    So far for me S7 Edge looks good on the outside but the iPhone is better on the inside. Function over form and all of the extras/customization.

    On the fence right now, if the 7plus or pro announced a better screen, wider camera range, and changed the gallery. I'd be all over it.
    I picked up an S7 edge and although I haven't seen a ton of battery drain, there's just something about it that rubs me the wrong way. I think it's that everything needs to be adjusted, disabled, etc. for it to run properly. It's a beautiful phone and has a ton of cool options. But at the end of the day, it's just too much. And I don't trust it to work as intended like I do my iPhone. That being said, I think I'm staying with my 6s Plus and Apple. Probably grab a Mac or iPad, too.

    Funny thing is, I only got this iPhone as a placeholder for the S7 as I've been with Android for so long (basically since 2011). But now it seems like I'm becoming more and more of an Apple covert.
  18. #143  

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
    You could use iCloud Drive if you have an aversion to iTunes. You can upload said files to your iCloud drive on your computer. Then open up the iCloud Drive app on your iPad. From there you can steam or download your files.
    Exactly. I can't remember the last time I even TOUCHED iTunes.
  19. #144  

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by clitrenta View Post
    Don't count on it. That used to be my priority but not anymore. My #1 priority is that everything work as it should without me begging it too. As good as the Galaxy's are, there is always something that isn't quite like it should be. The iPhone has come a long way since the days of the 3gs and I've gotten older. Since I know all the issues in owning one, I made the leap knowing exactly what I was getting myself into. Haven't regretted it yet and all my BT devices always work.
    The only company I ever had repeated hardware failure with was numerous Samsung. I use a flagship Sony Xperia as my company provided phone so I'm current on Android.

    Every day I appreciate the reliability of Apple more and more.

    As beautiful as the S7 Edge and the S6 Edge are, and they are and they have tempted me as recently as 2 hours ago...all I have to do is remember my LAST flagship Samsung.

    Then I go back to stroking my precious 6S+ Heh.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  20. #145  
    pappy53's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,811 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    I message a lot as well that is why I have phone with ..... Physical keyboard

    How is imessage better than regular sms app or whatsup ?
    Android has no sms or mms app to compare with iMessage when it comes to sending photos and videos.
    reeneebob likes this.
  21. #146  

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truman82 View Post
    I read that many s7e has habit of breaking micro as cards. I was like "wut?" 850 phone that breaks sd cards?
    Not appealing..
    That's been a thing all the way back to the GS3.

    Samsung still hasn't fixed it, I guess.
  22. #147  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    I picked up an S7 edge and although I haven't seen a ton of battery drain, there's just something about it that rubs me the wrong way. I think it's that everything needs to be adjusted, disabled, etc. for it to run properly. It's a beautiful phone and has a ton of cool options. But at the end of the day, it's just too much. And I don't trust it to work as intended like I do my iPhone. That being said, I think I'm staying with my 6s Plus and Apple. Probably grab a Mac or iPad, too.

    Funny thing is, I only got this iPhone as a placeholder for the S7 as I've been with Android for so long (basically since 2011). But now it seems like I'm becoming more and more of an Apple covert.
    Literally for my Sammy device all i did was use package disabled pro and i get 5+ days of standby and 10+ hours. On my iPhone i had to adjust all my settings to even push out 8 hrs a day of use. And i don't have Facebook app installed on my iPhone but i do on my note.


    I'm seriously wtb 10+ hrs on my iPhone.
  23. #148  
    bitek's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,293 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Android has no sms or mms app to compare with iMessage when it comes to sending photos and videos.
    I never sent videos but I do send photos all the time no problem.
  24. #149  
    Intense Soul's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    I am never fan of Samsung devices. But the device I only liked is Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. Rest are thumbs down, as they're android. Lol
  25. #150  
    Intense Soul's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    580 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone considering Galaxy s7 edge ?

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    I am new to android with my blackberry priv so I do not how well my phone will work down the road and whether I will encounter problems with Android. Priv is not rootable (good for blackberry). As of now phone works great and I use it a lot every day.

    IPhone is not for me but I know apple makes good product. I own two apple products

    1. Ipad
    2. Ipod

    Ipod is .... 10 years old. It is 60gb and it is still kicking and I listen to music on it daily. So I know apple makes high quality products that do last loooong time. However I dislike how I need to use itunes to transfer music etc. It is painful

    With my priv I just connect phone to pc via USB and I transfer stuff in no time. This is what I like.
    If you've new iPhone, the iTunes gives you option of "sync" wireless. It's a good and best option. If I add any new song into my iTunes, they get sync to my iPhone. The other best part is you can do back up as well. The basic concept is the PC or iMac and iPhone/ iPad should be linked to same wifi
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 12:13 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2016, 08:03 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S7 vs. iPhone 6s: the more things change ...
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2016, 12:30 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 10:52 PM
  5. Should you get Galaxy S7 or wait for iPhone 7?
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions