I agree, even though you don't like the Tigers

Truthfully, I have a career, support a family, and I'm very busy with other things. Apple works, easily and efficiently. The time I have with my devices I like to spend creating and consuming, not balancing multiple ecosystems. It just works!
    Right. I have a pretty heft FAN account and my whole immediate family is on it, so I wind up doing a ton of IT type stuff. Thank goodness all the iOS devices work the same.

Also, I'm supposed to like the White Sox, but I kind of hate that whole organization right now.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    08-16-2016 08:03 AM
    I've only just got my 6s plus 128gb a week and I love it (came from a Nexus 6p) and have had Android devices for last 5 years.

I will admit I love the note 7 and will no doubt own one at somepoint however I can't justify spending 739 on a phone! especially as android phones drop so quickly in price! I got my 6s+ 128gb for 500 (which is a bargain) so I am happy enough for now
    08-16-2016 02:06 PM
    I've only just got my 6s plus 128gb a week and I love it (came from a Nexus 6p) and have had Android devices for last 5 years.

I will admit I love the note 7 and will no doubt own one at somepoint however I can't justify spending 739 on a phone! especially as android phones drop so quickly in price! I got my 6s+ 128gb for 500 (which is a bargain) so I am happy enough for now
    How was the 6P compared to the 6s+?

I am thinking of getting one
    08-16-2016 04:57 PM

This may be the best single point about the Note 7 vs other devices. I'm not sure what the OnePlus 2 costs in Europe, but it's really hard to justify such a high price for a Samsung device when Android devices are available for so much less.
    08-16-2016 06:25 PM

Had the 6P for a while. The software is pretty good, but the hardware is just so second rate. The Wi-Fi would cut out for no reason or I would be in downtown Austin and the device would switch to 4G and never come back to LTE.

It's probably the best all around implementation of Android IMHO, but it's still a big compromise on hardware.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-16-2016 06:27 PM
    Had the 6P for a while. The software is pretty good, but the hardware is just so second rate. The Wi-Fi would cut out for no reason or I would be in downtown Austin and the device would switch to 4G and never come back to LTE.

It's probably the best all around implementation of Android IMHO, but it's still a big compromise on hardware.
    Did it slow down at all over time? Did you have to reboot from time to time?

My experience with the Note line was terrible. Performance slowed down significantly over a short time period. Lags, crashes, freezes, etc..

Very interested in the 6P
    08-16-2016 06:50 PM
    Did it slow down at all over time? Did you have to reboot from time to time?

My experience with the Note line was terrible. Performance slowed down significantly over a short time period. Lags, crashes, freezes, etc..

Very interested in the 6P
    I didn't really have any complaints about the Nexus performance. Android in a Nexus is a fine OS (and the only true implementation, IMHO). The default launcher was smooth and the OS performance was great. The problem for me were tied to the actual behavior of some of the hardware. The worst by far was the backlight. The ambient light sensor on the 6P is horrible. You can turn it on in the dark and the thing will flicker like crazy light-dark-light-dark, all while sitting in the dark.

I loved the 6P when I got it, but little things essentially "nickeled and dimed" the experience to death. Disappointing. I'm planning on sticking with iOS until a premium Pixel phone comes out (if it ever even does).
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-16-2016 06:59 PM

The 6P is a great handset and being stock android is butter smooth, I was running the N beta and really liked it.

Pros
    Slightly bigger screen than the 6s+ but taller
    Front Facing speakers are very good
    USB C fast charge
    Quad HD Amoled Screen is fantastic
    Monthly Security Updates

Cons
    Battery life I was getting about 3-4 OST
    SMS apps aren't upto iMessage standard
    Good camera but slow and not many options

Unless you buy direct from Google customer service isn't a patch on Apples

Both are great handsets, just thought it was time to try iOS again for me. Battery life is a big issue for me and getting nearly double the SOT on the 6s+ has been a big win for me.
    TripleOne likes this.
    08-17-2016 02:28 AM
    The 6P is a great handset and being stock android is butter smooth, I was running the N beta and really liked it.

Pros
    Slightly bigger screen than the 6s+ but taller
    Front Facing speakers are very good
    USB C fast charge
    Quad HD Amoled Screen is fantastic
    Monthly Security Updates

Cons
    Battery life I was getting about 3-4 OST
    SMS apps aren't upto iMessage standard
    Good camera but slow and not many options

Unless you buy direct from Google customer service isn't a patch on Apples

Both are great handsets, just thought it was time to try iOS again for me. Battery life is a big issue for me and getting nearly double the SOT on the 6s+ has been a big win for me.
    Thank you!

I was getting terrible SOT too on my Note 5 and was very impressed with the 6s+ battery life.

Now I'm deciding whether to wait for the new Nexus or get the 6P now to be my secondary phone.
    08-17-2016 04:16 AM
    Thank you!

I was getting terrible SOT too on my Note 5 and was very impressed with the 6s+ battery life.

Now I'm deciding whether to wait for the new Nexus or get the 6P now to be my secondary phone.
    I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the Note 7 or iPhone 7 plus. I've decided I am only going to do one or the other. So I decided to do a little experiment.

This morning I used my Note 5 that I have as a second phone for when I want to play around with android. I used it as my daily driver on a normal day at work.

Generally when I leave work I am at 70% battery left on my iPhone 6s Plus, however on the Note 5 I was at 50% by lunch time. As nice as the phone is, battery life is nowhere near my 6s+. I noticed it first thing this morning when I left the house, my iPhone is around 99% while the note was at 93%.

So I've decided to upgrade to the iPhone 7 plus. As nice of a phone as the N7 is, the software drains the battery far to quickly. Glad it's not just me noticing this.
    Aubbre4 and Wildo6882 like this.
    08-17-2016 07:05 PM
    I'm trying to decide if I want to upgrade to the Note 7 or iPhone 7 plus. I've decided I am only going to do one or the other. So I decided to do a little experiment.

This morning I used my Note 5 that I have as a second phone for when I want to play around with android. I used it as my daily driver on a normal day at work.

Generally when I leave work I am at 70% battery left on my iPhone 6s Plus, however on the Note 5 I was at 50% by lunch time. As nice as the phone is, battery life is nowhere near my 6s+. I noticed it first thing this morning when I left the house, my iPhone is around 99% while the note was at 93%.

So I've decided to upgrade to the iPhone 7 plus. As nice of a phone as the N7 is, the software drains the battery far to quickly. Glad it's not just me noticing this.
    Yes the software drains the battery far quickly. It is also because of the 2K screen on the Note compared to the 1080p on the 6s Plus.
    08-17-2016 07:20 PM
    Yes the software drains the battery far quickly. It is also because of the 2K screen on the Note compared to the 1080p on the 6s Plus.
    For sure, I realize it's not comparing apples to apples. However the phone drains far too quickly with screen off in standby mode.
    08-17-2016 07:26 PM
    For sure, I realize it's not comparing apples to apples. However the phone drains far too quickly with screen off in standby mode.
    Agreed.
    08-17-2016 07:38 PM

If battery life is your number one priority.... then good for you.

I would point out that your test comparison was with the Note 5 and 6S Plus. Not the Note 7.

Is that a good measuring stick for the Note 7? or another phone that is not in your possession?

The Note 5 Battery is 3,020mAh. Note 7 3,500mAh
    08-18-2016 01:02 PM
    Why do you have to switch back and forth? I enjoy both at the same time. Right now I have an s7 Active an iPhone 5s, a Note 4 and an iPad Pro 12.9.

I love tech!
    I feel the same as you, but there's really no point for me to have two lines active, all so that I can appear to have the best of both worlds. I'm not saying that it is you, I'm saying that as a general statement. I switch back and forth often. I find it fun to try different phones so my sim gets a lot of movement.

Even if I was to get another line, I know my habits very well. That second phone will just be sitting on my desk. It sounds like you might have more than one line.
    08-18-2016 02:08 PM
    Yeah! Here is a smartphone and class. My wish is to own it
    friv 2
    08-25-2016 02:35 AM
    I will never touch apple as long as apple requires iTunes to do the simplest tasks. Apple exerts to much control over what you can and cannot do with your phone. I do not own iPhone but I do have ipad and it is frustrating that I cannot transfer video file without iTunes. Android is way more simple to use and yet powerful os.
    I transfer video files via Air Drop instantly. Easiest thing ever. I also use iCloud.
    I haven't logged into iTunes to transfer, backup, upgrade anything in MONTHS.

But since you own an iPad and an iPod, it seems you've touched Apple at least twice.
    reeneebob likes this.
    04-02-2017 02:23 PM
    No, at this time I don't have a compelling reason to consider purchasing the Galaxy S7 Edge.
    Download Ch Play On ChPlaya
    Last edited by chplaya1; 04-16-2017 at 05:04 AM.
    04-06-2017 04:14 AM
    I've had an S7 Edge since pre-order in February of 2016. I also bought a US unlocked S7 Edge back in January. I then bought another S7 Edge when T-Mobile was selling them for $360 back in February. The only one I still use is the blue one I bought in February BUT my 6S+ is my daily use phone along with my Apple Watch. I have one of my three T-Mobile sims in the S7 Edge still.

I have so many phones because I switch sims between them so often. In a few months, I may go back to using the Edge again or even my Note 5.

I bought a iPhone SE yesterday and one of my sims is in it now.

My next phone though will be the Note 8.
    04-06-2017 01:00 PM
    Not at all! Hahahaha
    04-09-2017 05:45 AM
345 ... 121314