I use the best phone in the world. Why would I switch to a middle of the road Android phone?
    05-22-2016 10:38 PM
    There really isn't any divide between Samsung and Android. To plenty of people Samsung is android lol. And Samsung doesn't have the problems it did in the past with low rf frequency slow updates and so forth. And about TouchWiz like I stated it's not that heavy now and the only reason people use launchers is the added capabilities.
    Yeah I know every time I see people on their phones it's either an iPhone or a Samsung device which to me is kind of annoying since there are so many awesome other Android phones out now. But Samsung still has a long ways to go before reversing their bad rap with updates. I'd be shocked if the S7 and S7e even got N this year let alone before the S8 and S8e are announced.

The only exception maybe the Note 6 launching with N that is if Google releases the final build this summer.
    05-25-2016 07:34 AM
    Yeah I know every time I see people on their phones it's either an iPhone or a Samsung device which to me is kind of annoying since there are so many awesome other Android phones out now. But Samsung still has a long ways to go before reversing their bad rap with updates. I'd be shocked if the S7 and S7e even got N this year let alone before the S8 and S8e are announced.

The only exception maybe the Note 6 launching with N that is if Google releases the final build this summer.
    Bro the Galaxy series has been getting regular updates since the s4 lol. My old s4 got updated to 5.1 so that's saying something. To a lot of people Samsung already reversed that image. Samsung just got a nack for appealing to the masses just like iPhone does.
    05-25-2016 11:26 AM
    I constantly go back and fourth between the Samsungs and iPhones and have owned every model of iPhone, Galaxy and Note ever made.
    In just the last year or so I've owned the 6, 6+, Note 5, Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, 6s+ and I'm currently rockin the 6s.
    My favorite recent phone was the Note 5.
    Now I'm just looking forward to seeing what the Note 6 (or Note 7 as I just read it might be called) and the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus bring to the table.
    Yea,, I'm a total phone junkie,,, psychological help is being sought (hehe).
    I'm just happy I'm not a fanboy of only ONE brand or OS,, that would prevent me from having so much fun playing with all the different phones.
    Cheers
    Davyo
    libra89, jdfry15, sangs and 3 others like this.
    05-25-2016 01:10 PM
    Bro the Galaxy series has been getting regular updates since the s4 lol. My old s4 got updated to 5.1 so that's saying something. To a lot of people Samsung already reversed that image. Samsung just got a nack for appealing to the masses just like iPhone does.
    That may be but they still take a very long to get updates out is my point. Marshmallow has been out a year and finally at this point 90% of their flagships are finally updated. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any of their phones were updated to 6.0 before the end of 2015. That's all I'm saying.
    05-25-2016 06:15 PM
    That may be but they still take a very long to get updates out is my point. Marshmallow has been out a year and finally at this point 90% of their flagships are finally updated. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe any of their phones were updated to 6.0 before the end of 2015. That's all I'm saying.
    In all fairness, the S7 and S7 edge are on the May security patch on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I'm hopeful this is a change of pace for Samsung and a sign of things to come with their updates.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-25-2016 08:12 PM
    In all fairness, the S7 and S7 edge are on the May security patch on AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. I'm hopeful this is a change of pace for Samsung and a sign of things to come with their updates.
    The security updates are a totally different beast than the major .0 updates. Of course the security updates should be a no brainer. I wouldn't really give Samsung a free pass just yet since they've only begun to turn the dial.
    05-25-2016 08:18 PM
    The security updates are a totally different beast than the major .0 updates. Of course the security updates should be a no brainer. I wouldn't really give Samsung a free pass just yet since they've only begun to turn the dial.
    No free pass here. Just hope it's a good sign. I also heard a rumor that Google is going to start shaming companies for their slow update process.
    05-25-2016 08:20 PM
    No free pass here. Just hope it's a good sign. I also heard a rumor that Google is going to start shaming companies for their slow update process.
    I hope so and with the foundations of N being laid I know they're trying to make certain aspects of the OS updateable so it makes aspects like this faster.
    05-25-2016 08:30 PM
    It's lots of different reasons to be honest. More phone choices to work on with different hardware is one. U are right they was slow as heck with updates in the past. That's the good thing about android though. I never had to wait for an update on my old phones just did it myself.
    Rmedy21 likes this.
    05-25-2016 10:31 PM
    It's lots of different reasons to be honest. More phone choices to work on with different hardware is one. U are right they was slow as heck with updates in the past. That's the good thing about android though. I never had to wait for an update on my old phones just did it myself.
    You and I would along with the members of AC are a small segment of the vast majority of consumers who know how to flash OTA files and kernels and custom roms. When I owned all my Android phones I rooted and flashed like crazy.
    05-25-2016 10:34 PM
    You and I would along with the members of AC are a small segment of the vast majority of consumers who know how to flash OTA files and kernels and custom roms. When I owned all my Android phones I rooted and flashed like crazy.
    We might be a minority that knows how to root but now days root is becoming less and less unnecessary imo.
    05-25-2016 10:43 PM
    We might be a minority that knows how to root but now days root is becoming less and less unnecessary imo.
    Agreed but most people aren't going to feel comfortable flashing an image to their phone for an update nor should they have to.
    05-25-2016 11:17 PM
    Agreed but most people aren't going to feel comfortable flashing an image to their phone for an update nor should they have to.
    Thats the beauty of Android. U can change what u want to.
    05-26-2016 02:21 AM
    I tried the S7 Edge and got it home and it just didn't seem to work right as I couldn't get a signal and I have been doing research and people have been having problems with it due to the antenna on it. There seems to be two different antennas on the device the one on the unlocked version is the best one and the one on the on contract one uses an inferior one and that is what causes the problem. I could not get the phone to lock onto a signal and anytime I made or received a call it would disconnect and I even got tech support from AT&T and they told me to return the phone and I just ended up getting a 6s Plus as I had a 6 Plus!
    If you have Sprint, it could just be ****ty Sprint reception and not the phone. I have 1 "bar"in the basement and maybe 2 by an upstairs window ! I have the same phone as you.
    05-27-2016 10:53 AM
    I'm just happy I'm not a fanboy of only ONE brand or OS,, that would prevent me from having so much fun playing with all the different phones.
    Cheers
    Davyo
    Amen Brother Davyo! Preach it.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-28-2016 10:44 AM
    My bff just got the S7 Edge and she me on it last night sounded like she was in a big steel Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464452845.778125.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	107411metal drum then got garbled then totally disconnected us...she me back from her landline and she said she's been having issues with the phone...I never liked the edge phones!
    05-28-2016 11:25 AM
    My bff just got the S7 Edge and she me on it last night sounded like she was in a big steel Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1464452845.778125.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	107411metal drum then got garbled then totally disconnected us...she me back from her landline and she said she's been having issues with the phone...I never liked the edge phones!
    Their disconnection could be caused by her service provider. As for the steel drum i can testify to that. I think its because of the water proofing that causes the sound quality change of the device.
    05-29-2016 08:47 AM
    Their disconnection could be caused by her service provider. As for the steel drum i can testify to that. I think its because of the water proofing that causes the sound quality change of the device.
    Interesting. I don't have that same experience. In fact, with Verizon's HD voice - whether using my iPhone or S7 Edge - I'm often told it sounds like I'm sitting next to whomever I'm speaking with.
    jlczl and Butterfly2 like this.
    05-29-2016 12:15 PM
    Interesting. I don't have that same experience. In fact, with Verizon's HD voice - whether using my iPhone or S7 Edge - I'm often told it sounds like I'm sitting next to whomever I'm speaking with.
    Yea I'm on verizon now, we have the s7 and s7 edge. Both have this extreme echo and sound like you lr talking in a barrel at times
    Butterfly2 likes this.
    05-29-2016 12:57 PM
    Considering replacing my Note 4 with the S7. Just don't want to lose the ir blaster. Nice phone. Awesome functionality. The only reason I carry Apple products is because of the ecosystem. Android is much more advanced and Samsung makes some of the best Android devices.
    05-29-2016 04:07 PM
    Samsung has locked down the s7/edge and there is not root at least for the US version, I am soooo glad I didn't jump ship even though I am dying for a jailbreak.
    05-30-2016 01:26 PM
    Ditto with HD voice with MetroPCS.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-30-2016 07:36 PM
    One thing you have to give Samsung is that their screens are insanely awesome. Other than that it's all about user preference in my mind.
    05-30-2016 11:06 PM
    One thing you have to give Samsung is that their screens are insanely awesome. Other than that it's all about user preference in my mind.
    I use an iPhone and an S7 Edge. Love them both, but when switching from the Edge back to the iPhone, it's almost painful because of the screen difference. I do hope Apple steps it up with the screen, as rumored. (Though not until 2017 or '18 apparently.)
    05-31-2016 06:24 AM
341 ... 910111213 ...