I'm really wondering about the note series phones as i like how they can multitask so well vs iOS and are not no boring .
    04-19-2016 04:57 PM
    While not the edge, a week ago I grabbed an S7. It's beautiful. It really is. But the battery compared to my 6S Plus is disappointing and Apple Music is a mess...so my sim is back in my iPhone and the S7 is on kijiji or I'll hold onto it as a spare.
    04-20-2016 11:30 PM
    Any one else thinking about the switch ?
    Never crossed my mind. Completely content with Apple and my iPhone.
    Spencerdl and ladyc0524 like this.
    04-21-2016 12:25 AM
    While not the edge, a week ago I grabbed an S7. It's beautiful. It really is. But the battery compared to my 6S Plus is disappointing and Apple Music is a mess...so my sim is back in my iPhone and the S7 is on kijiji or I'll hold onto it as a spare.
    Well, to be fair the 7 doesn't really compare to the 6s plus, it actually compares more to the regular 6s while the s7 edge would be the one most comparable with the 6s plus considering screen and battery sizes.
    04-21-2016 07:13 AM
    Well, to be fair the 7 doesn't really compare to the 6s plus, it actually compares more to the regular 6s while the s7 edge would be the one most comparable with the 6s plus considering screen and battery sizes.
    Oh I know - but the flip side of that is that it's a smaller screen so why after a week of settling and doing some in depth battery saving tweaks am I still having to charge it by 3pm? I certainly didn't have that problem with a 6S nor with a 6S Plus with no tweaks and connected to an Apple Watch 24/7.
    04-21-2016 08:29 AM
    Oh I know - but the flip side of that is that it's a smaller screen so why after a week of settling and doing some in depth battery saving tweaks am I still having to charge it by 3pm? I certainly didn't have that problem with a 6S nor with a 6S Plus with no tweaks and connected to an Apple Watch 24/7.
    I don't know. I don't own an S7. Just stating the comparison was a little off.

As far as the 6s, I did have one of those and my battery was nowhere near stellar. I handed it down to my daughter and she has to be tethered to a wall. I noticed the 6s was great as far as standby battery but not so great when in use whereas the Galaxy phones tend to not be great in standby but do well with screen on time (my current daily driver is an S7e and I get 6-8 hours SoT).

My son switched from a 6s plus to the S7e and loves the battery life he enjoys. He was quite content with the 6s plus battery life too.
    04-21-2016 09:18 AM
    Well I put my sim back in my iPhone today and got 7 hours usage with 23 hours off charge and was at 20% - my sim is staying in my iPhone and a friend is now the owner of the S7. I have no power saving on my iPhone and I can't deal with going back to worrying about battery anymore.

Too bad, it was a beautiful phone.
    04-22-2016 12:50 AM
    A buddy of mine let me borrow his s7 edge (i ordered the se). Needless to say I cancelled my iPhone order and purchased the galaxy edge. Been playing around with very it and I can honestly say that it's a great device. I stated that I was going to pass on the s7 (earlier in this thread). I'm actually looking forward to what the note and iPhone 7 bring.
    05-18-2016 03:05 PM
    That relationship was short lived. Using the 6s plus now
    05-19-2016 09:31 PM
    That relationship was short lived. Using the 6s plus now
    Lol that's what happened to me too. Had a Note 5 for 4 months and went back to iPhone this month
    redbirdsfan and H_D like this.
    05-20-2016 12:40 AM
    I just came from a galaxy s6 and touch wiz sucks. Not to mention not getting ANY software and security updates.
    This is false sir.
    05-20-2016 03:48 AM
    The Nexus 6P is an amazing device but I've purchased three in the last 3 months and I still can't seem to use the phone for more than a day before I start missing my iPhone and what makes it worse is I have a SpaceBlack Stainless Steel Watch which I don't want to give up and there's no Android Wear watch IMHO that even comes close in design or functionality, they don't even have Android Pay, LOL.

I currently have a Frost 6P sitting in its box under my bed and Marshmallow is amazing along with the 6P hardware it's a knockout. For some reason I still can't switch I think it's because I've been back on iOS for too long and I'm spoiled by the timely updates and awesome Store service when it's needed.

But in answer to the OP's question I would never buy a Samsung phone again after owning the Galaxy Nexus and their horrible update schedule also keeps me away. I don't want to have to wait 10 months to get the update when Google is about to announce the next update to Android. 95% of Samsung flagships are still waiting for an update and we're two months away from Google I/O. That's ridiculous.

Sorry for the long post LOL.
    Samsung isn't the same since the Galaxy nexus days. That's just like me saying ios9 is just like ios7. Samsung skinned down TouchWiz a lot and majority of their high end and mid range phones receive updates.
    05-20-2016 03:51 AM
    In a sense, this may be true however there is a price to pay for those bells and whistles. Battery life, smoothness of the OS, apps that don't work and play well together, and so on. Like I said, there was a time when that was what I wanted so I put up with the little quirks and annoyances that came with it. I'm past that now and just want something that works exactly as it was designed too and so far the iPhone is the closest to that. It's all about personal preference and what's most important to you. I also think as you get older, you just tend to gravitate toward things just working.
    All my apps works well and I don't experience lag and im not even on a s7. I'm using an mid level Samsung phone and had it for 4 months and it still works like day 1. And ever since 5.1 android has been smooth as ever.
    05-20-2016 04:03 AM
    Lol that's what happened to me too. Had a Note 5 for 4 months and went back to iPhone this month
    My primary device is the 6s Plus and iPhone has & always will be my primary device BUT...I've been using a Note 5 for about a week as my 2nd device (Marshmallow). I love the S Pen...the ability to handwrite a quick note whether the screen is on or off, the flexibility to do what I want with it, etc is very appealing. Also, certain functions, the ease of dragging photos between two split windows or control over editing/annotating what's on the screen at the time is very useful (and easier than doing it on iOS).

Hands down iOS is still the better overall OS but (IMHO) Apple needs to take a look at certain practical functions/abilities.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-20-2016 06:02 AM
    Samsung isn't the same since the Galaxy nexus days. That's just like me saying ios9 is just like ios7. Samsung skinned down TouchWiz a lot and majority of their high end and mid range phones receive updates.
    Yes I do realize that but even so why is there such a huge divide between the Android community over Samsung? I still hear and read so many negatives about Samsung from Android users and if TW is so great why do so many people say to put or use Nova prime or replace the launcher? LOL.
    05-20-2016 07:06 AM
    Yes I do realize that but even so why is there such a huge divide between the Android community over Samsung? I still hear and read so many negatives about Samsung from Android users and if TW is so great why do so many people say to put or use Nova prime or replace the launcher? LOL.
    1. Perception
    2. Be together not the same

I use Nova on my S7 Edge but can see why some prefer TouchWiz and I by no means am a fan boy as my daily device usage includes an iPad Pro 12 9 I absolutely love and an iPhone 5s I use at work (which I tolerate).
    05-20-2016 07:25 AM
    All my apps works well and I don't experience lag and im not even on a s7. I'm using an mid level Samsung phone and had it for 4 months and it still works like day 1. And ever since 5.1 android has been smooth as ever.
    As I mentioned in another thread, it all depends on Android. I watched my Note 4 go from smooth on 4.x to a stuttering POS on 5.01, back to smooth(but not quite as smooth as 4.x) on 5.1.1.

That's not to say Apple doesn't do wrong, but you only have to wait on Apple to fix it. The problem is when Android releases an update, you then have to wait for not only Samsung to manipulate the update to suit their view of what Android should be(ie. add touch wiz, their own pay system and their own app store), but then you also have to wait for your carrier(in my case it is Verizon) to manipulate it even more to add their own bloatware and junk that, unless you root, cannot remove. This is what frustrated me to no end and why updates were slow.

I've only been on an iPhone for about a month and I have no desire what so ever to go back to Android. But, if the day comes that I do, it will be a Nexus or nothing.
    05-20-2016 08:56 AM
    There really isn't any divide between Samsung and Android. To plenty of people Samsung is android lol. And Samsung doesn't have the problems it did in the past with low rf frequency slow updates and so forth. And about TouchWiz like I stated it's not that heavy now and the only reason people use launchers is the added capabilities.
    05-20-2016 12:39 PM
    Ugh. I have an S7 edge and the battery life is on par with the 6s Plus I owned (which I traded in for the S7 edge). The battery has a stellar standby mode thanks to Marshmallow's Doze feature.

There is also no lag on the device. TouchWiz has been toned down and the RAM management issues that plagued earlier Samsung devices is no longer present on current Samsung devices.

Don't take the posts about the terrible battery life on the S7/S7 edge seriously. Those posts are either based on fanboyism and/or to the person never actually having owned the device.
    05-21-2016 10:01 AM
    My primary device is the 6s Plus and iPhone has & always will be my primary device BUT...I've been using a Note 5 for about a week as my 2nd device (Marshmallow). I love the S Pen...the ability to handwrite a quick note whether the screen is on or off, the flexibility to do what I want with it, etc is very appealing. Also, certain functions, the ease of dragging photos between two split windows or control over editing/annotating what's on the screen at the time is very useful (and easier than doing it on iOS).

Hands down iOS is still the better overall OS but (IMHO) Apple needs to take a look at certain practical functions/abilities.
    Yea, that's the only thing I miss about the note 5. The S pen is awesome
    05-21-2016 03:49 PM
    The curve screen was nice however I kept opening apps just by picking up the device. I really enjoyed the camera.
    05-21-2016 06:14 PM
    05-22-2016 03:45 AM
    I have the s7 edge currently since switch carries (just counting down the days to September), nothing like tossing your phone in a bucket of water lol. Don't get me wrong the camera is pretty amazing with great features along with he edge functionality.Battery life has been great average between 15 and 21 hours with medium to have use with my current settings. BUT, i find it difficult to hold without a case. Im constantly hitting something on accident from bumping the edges of the screen.
    05-22-2016 10:10 AM
    The hate against Touchwiz is historical, I'm sure of it. TouchWiz on the S7 isn't an issue - I have been a long-term user of Nova, an alternative launcher, but decided to give Samsung's launcher a go. It's fine. Very fast and fluid and it is, after all, just a grid of app icons with the ability to include widgets like your calendar. I see no real difference between it and the iOS home screen, except you don't have to have every app you own on display. I'm sure some see TouchWiz as this monster hiding away which rears its ugly head whenever it feels like it. I have the edge variant and it is the first phone I have owned where I don't have to worry about battery life - it easily lasts the day with plenty to spare.
    05-22-2016 12:37 PM
    I tried the S7 Edge and got it home and it just didn't seem to work right as I couldn't get a signal and I have been doing research and people have been having problems with it due to the antenna on it. There seems to be two different antennas on the device the one on the unlocked version is the best one and the one on the on contract one uses an inferior one and that is what causes the problem. I could not get the phone to lock onto a signal and anytime I made or received a call it would disconnect and I even got tech support from AT&T and they told me to return the phone and I just ended up getting a 6s Plus as I had a 6 Plus!
    05-22-2016 04:19 PM
345 ... 89101112 ...