08-25-2016 02:35 AM
- 04-21-2016 07:13 AM
- 04-21-2016 08:29 AM
- Oh I know - but the flip side of that is that it's a smaller screen so why after a week of settling and doing some in depth battery saving tweaks am I still having to charge it by 3pm? I certainly didn't have that problem with a 6S nor with a 6S Plus with no tweaks and connected to an Apple Watch 24/7.
As far as the 6s, I did have one of those and my battery was nowhere near stellar. I handed it down to my daughter and she has to be tethered to a wall. I noticed the 6s was great as far as standby battery but not so great when in use whereas the Galaxy phones tend to not be great in standby but do well with screen on time (my current daily driver is an S7e and I get 6-8 hours SoT).
My son switched from a 6s plus to the S7e and loves the battery life he enjoys. He was quite content with the 6s plus battery life too.04-21-2016 09:18 AM
- Well I put my sim back in my iPhone today and got 7 hours usage with 23 hours off charge and was at 20% - my sim is staying in my iPhone and a friend is now the owner of the S7. I have no power saving on my iPhone and I can't deal with going back to worrying about battery anymore.
Too bad, it was a beautiful phone.04-22-2016 12:50 AM
- A buddy of mine let me borrow his s7 edge (i ordered the se). Needless to say I cancelled my iPhone order and purchased the galaxy edge. Been playing around with very it and I can honestly say that it's a great device. I stated that I was going to pass on the s7 (earlier in this thread). I'm actually looking forward to what the note and iPhone 7 bring.05-18-2016 03:05 PM
- The Nexus 6P is an amazing device but I've purchased three in the last 3 months and I still can't seem to use the phone for more than a day before I start missing my iPhone and what makes it worse is I have a SpaceBlack Stainless Steel Watch which I don't want to give up and there's no Android Wear watch IMHO that even comes close in design or functionality, they don't even have Android Pay, LOL.
I currently have a Frost 6P sitting in its box under my bed and Marshmallow is amazing along with the 6P hardware it's a knockout. For some reason I still can't switch I think it's because I've been back on iOS for too long and I'm spoiled by the timely updates and awesome Store service when it's needed.
But in answer to the OP's question I would never buy a Samsung phone again after owning the Galaxy Nexus and their horrible update schedule also keeps me away. I don't want to have to wait 10 months to get the update when Google is about to announce the next update to Android. 95% of Samsung flagships are still waiting for an update and we're two months away from Google I/O. That's ridiculous.
Sorry for the long post LOL.05-20-2016 03:51 AM
- In a sense, this may be true however there is a price to pay for those bells and whistles. Battery life, smoothness of the OS, apps that don't work and play well together, and so on. Like I said, there was a time when that was what I wanted so I put up with the little quirks and annoyances that came with it. I'm past that now and just want something that works exactly as it was designed too and so far the iPhone is the closest to that. It's all about personal preference and what's most important to you. I also think as you get older, you just tend to gravitate toward things just working.05-20-2016 04:03 AM
Hands down iOS is still the better overall OS but (IMHO) Apple needs to take a look at certain practical functions/abilities.05-20-2016 06:02 AMLike 1
- 05-20-2016 07:06 AM
- Yes I do realize that but even so why is there such a huge divide between the Android community over Samsung? I still hear and read so many negatives about Samsung from Android users and if TW is so great why do so many people say to put or use Nova prime or replace the launcher? LOL.
2. Be together not the same
I use Nova on my S7 Edge but can see why some prefer TouchWiz and I by no means am a fan boy as my daily device usage includes an iPad Pro 12 9 I absolutely love and an iPhone 5s I use at work (which I tolerate).05-20-2016 07:25 AM
That's not to say Apple doesn't do wrong, but you only have to wait on Apple to fix it. The problem is when Android releases an update, you then have to wait for not only Samsung to manipulate the update to suit their view of what Android should be(ie. add touch wiz, their own pay system and their own app store), but then you also have to wait for your carrier(in my case it is Verizon) to manipulate it even more to add their own bloatware and junk that, unless you root, cannot remove. This is what frustrated me to no end and why updates were slow.
I've only been on an iPhone for about a month and I have no desire what so ever to go back to Android. But, if the day comes that I do, it will be a Nexus or nothing.05-20-2016 08:56 AM
- Yes I do realize that but even so why is there such a huge divide between the Android community over Samsung? I still hear and read so many negatives about Samsung from Android users and if TW is so great why do so many people say to put or use Nova prime or replace the launcher? LOL.05-20-2016 12:39 PM
- Ugh. I have an S7 edge and the battery life is on par with the 6s Plus I owned (which I traded in for the S7 edge). The battery has a stellar standby mode thanks to Marshmallow's Doze feature.
There is also no lag on the device. TouchWiz has been toned down and the RAM management issues that plagued earlier Samsung devices is no longer present on current Samsung devices.
Don't take the posts about the terrible battery life on the S7/S7 edge seriously. Those posts are either based on fanboyism and/or to the person never actually having owned the device.05-21-2016 10:01 AM
- My primary device is the 6s Plus and iPhone has & always will be my primary device BUT...I've been using a Note 5 for about a week as my 2nd device (Marshmallow). I love the S Pen...the ability to handwrite a quick note whether the screen is on or off, the flexibility to do what I want with it, etc is very appealing. Also, certain functions, the ease of dragging photos between two split windows or control over editing/annotating what's on the screen at the time is very useful (and easier than doing it on iOS).
Hands down iOS is still the better overall OS but (IMHO) Apple needs to take a look at certain practical functions/abilities.05-21-2016 03:49 PM
- I have the s7 edge currently since switch carries (just counting down the days to September), nothing like tossing your phone in a bucket of water lol. Don't get me wrong the camera is pretty amazing with great features along with he edge functionality.Battery life has been great average between 15 and 21 hours with medium to have use with my current settings. BUT, i find it difficult to hold without a case. Im constantly hitting something on accident from bumping the edges of the screen.05-22-2016 10:10 AM
- The hate against Touchwiz is historical, I'm sure of it. TouchWiz on the S7 isn't an issue - I have been a long-term user of Nova, an alternative launcher, but decided to give Samsung's launcher a go. It's fine. Very fast and fluid and it is, after all, just a grid of app icons with the ability to include widgets like your calendar. I see no real difference between it and the iOS home screen, except you don't have to have every app you own on display. I'm sure some see TouchWiz as this monster hiding away which rears its ugly head whenever it feels like it. I have the edge variant and it is the first phone I have owned where I don't have to worry about battery life - it easily lasts the day with plenty to spare.05-22-2016 12:37 PM
- I tried the S7 Edge and got it home and it just didn't seem to work right as I couldn't get a signal and I have been doing research and people have been having problems with it due to the antenna on it. There seems to be two different antennas on the device the one on the unlocked version is the best one and the one on the on contract one uses an inferior one and that is what causes the problem. I could not get the phone to lock onto a signal and anytime I made or received a call it would disconnect and I even got tech support from AT&T and they told me to return the phone and I just ended up getting a 6s Plus as I had a 6 Plus!05-22-2016 04:19 PM
- By mustang8918 in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 65Last Post: 11-05-2016, 11:13 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 02-25-2016, 07:03 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2016, 11:30 AM
- By JimMLINY in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 5Last Post: 02-22-2016, 09:52 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-22-2016, 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD