Has anyone had an issue in which TouchID is not accepting your fingerprint?

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Today there has been a few times when I've gone to unlock the phone and it asks me for the unlock code and not taking my fingerprint. After I unlock with the code I can then use the fingerprint, like you have to do after turning the phone completely off but the thing is I haven't turned my phone off at all today. Has anyone else had this problem and do you think I need to do a factory reset? I've only had the phone ten days and haven't had any problems until today.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlock acting up

I see that someone else had this problem back in December but noone posted a solution so I guess I'll reset the whole thing and start from scratch. If it happens again, I may have to rethink my standing with ios.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Are your finger(s) and/or TouchID/Home button oily, greasy or dirty? If so, wash your hands, and get a soft cloth to clean the TouchID/Home button.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I plugged my phone in and launched itunes to do a reset and it says I have an update available for 9.2.1, which I already have but maybe there are some security fixes or something so I'll see if this update fixes the problem.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Unlock acting up

I plugged my phone in and launched itunes to do a reset and it says I have an update available for 9.2.1, which I already have but maybe there are some security fixes or something so I'll see if this update fixes the problem.

That update is to fix the error 53 issue. It might work to do the factory restore as new. Not from a back up.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I know it was an issue in 9.1 for a good bit of people, it has seemed to carry over to 9.3 beta 3 also. I just updated to the new 9.2.1 and touch id is still wonky-ish, but not as bad

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Only time I ever see enter your unlock code is after re-starting the device. However I agree with the above install the 9.2.1 update via iTunes and see if that fixes the problem.

mustang8918

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

I already had 9.2.1, so that wasn't the issue. I did do the reset as a new iphone and that seems to have fixed the issue even though it took a while to go through and redo all the settings because I change almost everything.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I already had 9.2.1, so that wasn't the issue. I did do the reset as a new iphone and that seems to have fixed the issue even though it took a while to go through and redo all the settings because I change almost everything.

It is a pain but sometimes it's the only course of action. Glad you were able to resolve the issue :)

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Today there has been a few times when I've gone to unlock the phone and it asks me for the unlock code and not taking my fingerprint. After I unlock with the code I can then use the fingerprint, like you have to do after turning the phone completely off but the thing is I haven't turned my phone off at all today. Has anyone else had this problem and do you think I need to do a factory reset? I've only had the phone ten days and haven't had any problems until today.

I've ran into this problem too. My problem was due to dirty home button, dirty fingers, or a combination of both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice