General Settings-restrictions HELP

andrea1976

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I can not remember code into my the restrictions!!!! I need to allow a cpl things in there lease anyone. Ive even tried apple support no luck. Thank you in adavance. Andrea

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You will have to reset your device to its factory settings in order to bypass the restrictions. Sorry.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's either a 4 or 6 digit number. If you can't recall it, you'll have to do as D' says and restore the phone. But to do that, you will need your Apple ID and password to set back up. Be sure to back up first.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I cant find a wsy to reset without having to have a computer or the reset setting thats locked

If you don't remember your passcode to reset your settings you are going to need a computer with iTunes. Can you borrow one from someone?
Your can also bring your device into an Apple Store.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
I can not remember code into my the restrictions!!!! I need to allow a cpl things in there lease anyone. Ive even tried apple support no luck. Thank you in adavance. Andrea

It should be the same passcode as your regular passcode to unlock your phone. Unless you chose a chance completely different one. But yes, otherwise you'll have to start from scratch and restore your phone if that works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I cant do any of that. The phone comes back as it was.

You can't do any of what? You do not need your restrictions passcode to reset your device, you will need the lockscreen passcode, if one was set. If you do not even know your lockscreen passcode then something is suspicious. Anyway, there isn't a way to bypass the restrictions passcode, except by resetting the device. Period.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You can't do any of what? You do not need your restrictions passcode to reset your device, you will need the lockscreen passcode, if one was set. If you do not even know your lockscreen passcode then something is suspicious. Anyway, there isn't a way to bypass the restrictions passcode, except by resetting the device. Period.

and by "reset" he means a complete reset to factory settings, not just a reboot of the device. :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Reset:
Soft Reset: Hold power button until the slide to power off appears, then slide to power off.
Hard Reset: Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. (Reboot)

Restore: Restoring to factory settings
1. As new
2. With iTunes back up
3. With iCloud back up

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711