Has anyone else noticed the vibrate in the 6S Plus is VERY different to the 6 Plus?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed the vibrate in the 6s Plus is VERY different to the 6 Plus. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, in the 6s Plus, you can feel as if there is a specific vibrate module in the back\centre of the device. Doesn't\didn't seem to be that way on the 6 Plus.

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Vibrate

From what I've learned, the 6S/6S Plus use a totally new Taptic Engine for 3D Touch and Vibration. You can actually create your own custom vibrations now in Settings/Sounds.

So yes, the new 6S/6S Plus models use a very different technology for the vibration.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

From what I've learned, the 6S/6S Plus use a totally new Taptic Engine for 3D Touch and Vibration. You can actually create your own custom vibrations now in Settings/Sounds.

So yes, the new 6S/6S Plus models use a very different technology for the vibration.

You're always able to create your own vibration patterns for alerts. Nothing new or specific to the new S-model iPhones.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never had the 6 Plus. But I tested the vibration with my old iPhone 5 and my 6s Plus, and they were the same. One is just bigger. But very little, if any, difference in the vibration.

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed the vibrate in the 6s Plus is VERY different to the 6 Plus. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also, in the 6s Plus, you can feel as if there is a specific vibrate module in the back\centre of the device. Doesn't\didn't seem to be that way on the 6 Plus.

I miss a lot more all calls and messages if the phone is in my jacket pocket on vibrate. I actually thought the phone was defective at first. I guess I'm old school and miss the genuine vibrate and louder notifications volumes on my old blackberry.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

^^^THIS^^^

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Maybe time to use the vibrate creator option, within settings. I might look into this myself...

I miss a lot more all calls and messages if the phone is in my jacket pocket on vibrate. I actually thought the phone was defective at first. I guess I'm old school and miss the genuine vibrate and louder notifications volumes on my old blackberry.

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe time to use the vibrate creator option, within settings. I might look into this myself...

Yes, in fact I have created some custom vibrations but the intensity, or strength remains the same. I had both the Apple leather and the Apple silicon cases. As an experiment I put it in a thinner soft shell case and now I can "sense" it on a table top at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2