Can someone else see my personal/banking info?

bigedschukar

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a "new" iPhone 6S Plus for the Sprint network for my wife via Swappa. According to the sales listing the ESN is clean and the device has never been activated. We received the device today and it does indeed look new (all of the original stickers and such are on it in it's original box). My wife set about setting it up... associating it with her Apple ID, passwords, bank info, yada yada yada. She called Sprint to activate it and they say that the ESN is clean, but the ESN is currently active on someone else's account. I've contacted Swappa and the seller and both parties say that they are looking into it and will make it right.

Here is what I'm worried about...

After giving up on activating the iPhone, my wife went to her iPad. There was a message on the screen about such-and-such phone number now being associated with her Apple ID. So basically the Sprint phone number/account that the iPhone is currently linked to, is now associated with my wife's Apple ID. Does this mean that our personal information, banking info via the Wallet, passwords, etc......can this be seen by this other person??? Should I be scared and start calling our banks and creditors?

Any educated advice is appreciated. Thank You!

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Go to iCloud on the phone and change the ID. Don't use your wife's ID. Is it not your number on the phone?
Yeah, to me something about this didn't pass the smell test. A clean ESN but it was active on someone else's account? Hope the OP didnt get scammed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR