Question about music on new iphone

TonyD68

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello , I'm new here and not too tech savvy . I just purchase an iPhone 6s Plus from Verizon . As I was setting my alarm clock I notice some songs by U2 .as I looked further under My music I saw recently purchased music an entire U2 album I did not purchase . At the risk of sounding totally naive is that possible that it came with the phone. Thank you for helping me

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Kiwi is correct. It was given for free by Apple awhile back. There is a way to delete them if you want to get rid of it.

TonyD68

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you EmceeGeek definitely going to delete. I'm going to post anothe r question soon as I eat dinner.....long busy day . Very glad I found a group of friendly helpful people! Oh and knowledgable too��

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Worst case you can have this guy do it
7fdd12e64f46c77f1c3b33e5a9e10341.jpg

TonyD68

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Since I've received such prompt friendly & knowlegable advice I'm going to ask another question. Not sure if I can do this or need to start new topic so please pardon me if I'm wrong. I read something here about the A9 chip . I read that there is either an Apple A9 or Samsung A9 in the 6s plus (mine) I also read there may be a difference in battery use or life less,with the Samsung A9 chip so I downloaded the free Lirum app to determine which chip I have ...... I have a Samsung Chip based on model number. My question is this something I should switch phones for? The article says some would change but if I sent back how would I know or Verizon know if they are sending one with an Apple chip. Thank you all again. I do appreciate the help!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since I've received such prompt friendly & knowlegable advice I'm going to ask another question. Not sure if I can do this or need to start new topic so please pardon me if I'm wrong. I read something here about the A9 chip . I read that there is either an Apple A9 or Samsung A9 in the 6s plus (mine) I also read there may be a difference in battery use or life less,with the Samsung A9 chip so I downloaded the free Lirum app to determine which chip I have ...... I have a Samsung Chip based on model number. My question is this something I should switch phones for? The article says some would change but if I sent back how would I know or Verizon know if they are sending one with an Apple chip. Thank you all again. I do appreciate the help!

There are several threads already discussing this matter. Here's one of them:
"Chipgate" which chip is in your phone? Samsung or TSMC?
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=344112
You'll see arguments in both directions but, if you're asking for my opinion, the issue is completely overblown. I have experience with both chips and have seen no noticeable difference in battery life. As far as predicting which chip your phone will come with, there is no way to tell. The model numbers of the devices are exactly the same so it's a game of trial and error. You could get a dozen Samsung chips before getting a TSMC model.
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you IMHO.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Welcome.

If I'm losing something with my Samsung chip, it's not worth wasting my time to deal with it. As IT admin I deal with staff phones and don't see any obvious issues with our staff phones either.

TonyD68

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Thank you imwjl have not been active here had 2 sudden deaths in the family I do appreciate you taking time to reply as well,as everyone else

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome.

If I'm losing something with my Samsung chip, it's not worth wasting my time to deal with it. As IT admin I deal with staff phones and don't see any obvious issues with our staff phones either.

No issue here with my Samsung chip. If it makes anyone feel better there's a rumor floating around that Samsung won't be making any of the iPhone 7's chips.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods