Android user switching to iOS

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
You can adjust ring volume separately from audio in settings. You can also choose louder, or quieter tones for your various uses, if you want them different in volume relative to one another.

Or get an Apple Watch, and it'll tap you on the wrist when a text arrives!

Thank you. I will give it a check once I'm done watching the College Championship on my iPhone!!

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll will give this app a try. I see people talking about Camera+ as well but looking at the app it is too complicated for me. I just want to shoot, save and share. I'm no the type that tweaks, changes, corrects and then saves the pictures taken. I'm a Type A and want stuff now. lol

I cannot thank you enough for the tip on the program!!! I downloaded it and I am in love. Easy to learn and adjusting ISO, Ratio and anything else if phenomenal!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
You can adjust ring volume separately from audio in settings. You can also choose louder, or quieter tones for your various uses, if you want them different in volume relative to one another.

Or get an Apple Watch, and it'll tap you on the wrist when a text arrives!

Went into the setting and only see one volume setting that changes it for the entire phone. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Can anyone assist with SS of what is being mentioned? I will greatly appreciate it!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I cannot thank you enough for the tip on the program!!! I downloaded it and I am in love. Easy to learn and adjusting ISO, Ratio and anything else if phenomenal!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

ProCamera +HDR offers several aspect ratios. Here's the thing. The stock camera aspect ratio is actually better. It shows the same thing as a full screen 16 X 9 plus some. If you zoom up the 4x 3, you have the 16x 9. I explained this on another thread. I'll try to find it.

But you have already seen this.
Photos
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=352070

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Went into the setting and only see one volume setting that changes it for the entire phone. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place? Can anyone assist with SS of what is being mentioned? I will greatly appreciate it!!!

Not quite. There's 3 places to set volume. They're not exactly the same.
1. Button on side of phone.
2. Swipe up control center from the bottom of the phone. Volume control is there.
3. Go to Settings >Sounds > ring alert volume is there.
You'll have to play with it and learn how volume works. It's like you can HO to YouTube and you may need to adjust volume there. It would be independent of the ringer volume.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome, I was a long time Android user (since the "OG Droid" days) and made the switch a couple months ago as well. It was definitely a bit of adjustment as you've found out yourself in some aspects, but overall the experience is great. As far as the 16x9 thing goes, I'd just take it in the normal 4:3 ratio and then crop it to 16x9 if you really want a widescreen effect. Many phone cameras that offer both ratios already are doing this. I think the higher end Lumias were the exceptions.

I have to agree about the stock keyboard, I was using swiftkey for years on Android though so the ability to use it on iPhone now really helped. It's not quite as good as the Android version, but close enough that I don't mind much. I never use the voice dictation function anyway. The only thing I really miss vs. the Android version is long pressing the letter keys to get numbers, symbols, etc.

Carlos Reyes4

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 5 and then I switched to the Nexus 6P for a brief moment but ended up coming back to IOS. Both android devices were great but there's really no comparison with Apple's ecosystem. First the apps look and function way better on IOS (Material design has helped a bit though). Second the iPhone works perfect with the bluetooth in my 2015 model car whereas with the Note 5 and Nexus 6P always had connection and call quality issues. Lastly I own 2 Macs and continuity and handoff are so convenient and easy to use. Apple has always had the upper hand in software quality even though it has been slipping a little lately. Not to mention the amount of accessories available for the iPhone is mind blowing. I also got tired of looking for ways to improve my battery life, turning things off, trying different apps but always ended up with inconsistent results, with the 6S Plus I leave everything on and still have about 50% left when I get home at night.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 5 and then I switched to the Nexus 6P for a brief moment but ended up coming back to IOS. Both android devices were great but there's really no comparison with Apple's ecosystem. First the apps look and function way better on IOS (Material design has helped a bit though). Second the iPhone works perfect with the bluetooth in my 2015 model car whereas with the Note 5 and Nexus 6P always had connection and call quality issues. Lastly I own 2 Macs and continuity and handoff are so convenient and easy to use. Apple has always had the upper hand in software quality even though it has been slipping a little lately. Not to mention the amount of accessories available for the iPhone is mind blowing. I also got tired of looking for ways to improve my battery life, turning things off, trying different apps but always ended up with inconsistent results, with the 6S Plus I leave everything on and still have about 50% left when I get home at night.

I am amazed at the battery life. When I first used the 6S Plus I was disappointed, even though I didn't wait to judge after the "break in" period. Now that the battery is conditioned, I get 12 hours of use and I am a heavy user! I just put my phone on the charger at 40%, it's 11pm, and it was off the charger since 1pm. So yeah, that is awesome!!!

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I love this app too. I got it free on sale. Adjusting iOS and shutter speed allows you to take great low light shots and videos. That overcomes the low light weakness of the stock app.