Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That's where I was with the 6 Plus before I traded it away for the 6P a month ago tomorrow. The 6P was getting such praise that I had to try it. I was not disappointed at all but I'll feel better with an iPhone if I'm not able to switch out my device for a while because we have new priorities! Long live years of iOS software support!

I was kinda in the same boat as you. I had the S6 Edge Plus and then Note 5....but I told myself I need to chill with this phone switching, plus wife and I trying to buy a house this summer so definitely don't need to be spending unnecessary money on phones. So I said if I had to choose and stay with one phone for awhile....it would definitely be iPhone! So I exchanged it for a 6S Plus. I'm guaranteed to get iOS support for a long time!

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 6S Plus has been good for me, but I haven't been interested in it much since I bought it. Don't get me wrong, I use it all day everyday. But, I'm not really playing with it, or exploring features like I did with my Note 5. But I have been all over my iPad Air 2.

It's funny you mention this as I feel the exact way. The 6s plus is my daily driver but I don't use it the same way as my Note 5. When I go on business trips I really miss my Note 5 features. The 6s plus works well for what it does but that's it. I probably should have sold my Note 5 because I use it at home, often. Perhaps in the future Apple will add better note taking capability and a stylus to the Plus family. Especially to better assist business users.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's funny you mention this as I feel the exact way. The 6s plus is my daily driver but I don't use it the same way as my Note 5. When I go on business trips I really miss my Note 5 features. The 6s plus works well for what it does but that's it. I probably should have sold my Note 5 because I use it at home, often. Perhaps in the future Apple will add better note taking capability and a stylus to the Plus family. Especially to better assist business users.

That's interesting. How do you find that the Note 5 is better suited for business than the iPhone?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly where I'm at. I don't have the stress of juggling phones and buying/selling. It started to drain on me. I'm staying all Apple for the foreseeable future.

That's what I did. I'm forced to carry an android phone for work (ugggggggh a z3 compact that drives me INSANE) and got sick of constant switching on my personal phone. In the last year I went from owning a spare nexus 5 to doubling down on iOS - replaced my 6 Plus with a 6S Plus, replaced my cellular iPad Air with a cellular Air 2, got an Apple Watch, and bought a used MacBook Pro. And I've never been happier.

You couldn't pay me to willingly use android on my own dime anymore. And I'm very willing to say I enjoy lollipop and marshmallow, it's better than before. And if I HAD to go android again, it'd be a LG G4. Never Samsung. Gave them three tries with me and their customer service is a joke. Even our corporate rep who has a s6 edge carries it because she has to and uses a z3 compact as her phone because the Samsung radios are so bad her phone is useless in her house ( and it's definitely samsungs notorious radio problem because her same SIM card in the Sony pulls full bars). I had so many s5 and s6 buyers remorse come in due to lack of signal where other manufacturers worked fine it wasn't even funny...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Didn't get the device I was after but I like this 128GB iPhone 6 that I have. Kinda missed the smaller size. Though I LOVED the Nexus 6P I always feel better when I switch back after a foray into Android land...

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Didn't get the device I was after but I like this 128GB iPhone 6 that I have. Kinda missed the smaller size. Though I LOVED the Nexus 6P I always feel better when I switch back after a foray into Android land...

So you made your way back now? I thought you were skipping the non-S series iPhone?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So you made your way back now? I thought you were skipping the non-S series iPhone?

I was going to skip it but as I was sitting at my desk today and reading the iMore "should I upgrade" article, I decided that the non-S series was still worth it for me.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was going to skip it but as I was sitting at my desk today and reading the iMore "should I upgrade" article, I decided that the non-S series was still worth it for me.

Nice! Glad you made it back. I still have a special place in my heart for Android but I can't pull the trigger.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Of the differences between the 6 and 6S, the 2GB of RAM is the one I'd most like to have!

Yeah, it absolutely helps out. That was one of my problems with the 6 Plus when I had it - too many apps having to refresh when you went back to them.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it absolutely helps out. That was one of my problems with the 6 Plus when I had it - too many apps having to refresh when you went back to them.

Thankfully, since my last device was a 6 Plus, all I have to compare it to is that and maybe my iPad Air 2

EdwardSmith36

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
What so ever handset you use, there are some pro and cons for any device you pick. As per my opinion, no other mobile phone can beat iPhone 6 s Plus.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. How do you find that the Note 5 is better suited for business than the iPhone?

I find it much easier to jot down notes via the stylus versus the iPhone. Also, I can markup documents from the note which iPhone can't do.

If I use my iPhone in a meeting to take a quick note I have to pick up the device and type which (to me) can be rude to an individual that's speaking. The note allows you to write as if you had pen and pad which is a bit more professional.

Again, that's my opinion. The note makes it easier to perform tasks and the multitasking is much better.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I find it much easier to jot down notes via the stylus versus the iPhone. Also, I can markup documents from the note which iPhone can't do.

If I use my iPhone in a meeting to take a quick note I have to pick up the device and type which (to me) can be rude to an individual that's speaking. The note allows you to write as if you had pen and pad which is a bit more professional.

Again, that's my opinion. The note makes it easier to perform tasks and the multitasking is much better.

I agree with you on the examples you gave. It does seem to be more professional to write notes using the s-pen than thumb typing on an iPhone. However, I have found that I don't use my iPhone for work like I did with my Note 5 because I usually have an iPad, which I use for work a lot.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you on the examples you gave. It does seem to be more professional to write notes using the s-pen than thumb typing on an iPhone. However, I have found that I don't use my iPhone for work like I did with my Note 5 because I usually have an iPad, which I use for work a lot.

Hopefully Apple adds Apple Pencil support to iOS 10 or the next iPhone or iPad Air/mini. That would be awesome to be able to use the Pencil on the phone for quick notes or if it worked on all iPads.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully Apple adds Apple Pencil support to iOS 10 or the next iPhone or iPad Air/mini. That would be awesome to be able to use the Pencil on the phone for quick notes or if it worked on all iPads.

I'm not sure if I would like or need the pencil support on my iPad. I would rather just type on my keyboard. I'm a lot more effective and accurate with the keyboard than I would be with the pencil, plus, my keyboard is less expensive. As far as my phone, I don't use it for business really anymore because that's what I have my iPad for.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I would like or need the pencil support on my iPad. I would rather just type on my keyboard. I'm a lot more effective and accurate with the keyboard than I would be with the pencil, plus, my keyboard is less expensive. As far as my phone, I don't use it for business really anymore because that's what I have my iPad for.

I think it would be awesome to just have the option. Without having to get the giant Pro. Would be great for note taking.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods