Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm set up to trade a guy my 6P for his 6S Plus tomorrow afternoon. Unlocked T-Mobile but already checked with VZW and it looks good to go!

I'm locked in with the fruit. This 6s Plus is such a good phone. It doesn't suck or leave me wanting with anything. I'm all in on this.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm locked in with the fruit. This 6s Plus is such a good phone. It doesn't suck or leave me wanting with anything. I'm all in on this.
That's where I was with the 6 Plus before I traded it away for the 6P a month ago tomorrow. The 6P was getting such praise that I had to try it. I was not disappointed at all but I'll feel better with an iPhone if I'm not able to switch out my device for a while because we have new priorities! Long live years of iOS software support!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's where I was with the 6 Plus before I traded it away for the 6P a month ago tomorrow. The 6P was getting such praise that I had to try it. I was not disappointed at all but I'll feel better with an iPhone if I'm not able to switch out my device for a while because we have new priorities! Long live years of iOS software support!

My priorities have changed a bit lately too. No time to be messing with phones all the time. And I always complained about the prices of Apple devices. But they aren't that expensive if you don't swap phones every other month. If I actually stuck with one for a year, I'd save a ton of money.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
My priorities have changed a bit lately too. No time to be messing with phones all the time. And I always complained about the prices of Apple devices. But they aren't that expensive if you don't swap phones every other month. If I actually stuck with one for a year, I'd save a ton of money.
Who are you telling. I'm including the cases and screen protectors that I've purchased. That's about 60 bucks worth of crap. 85+ if I throw in the extra USB C charger I got from Google. That's where my money goes with the switching...all the accessories haha

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Who are you telling. I'm including the cases and screen protectors that I've purchased. That's about 60 bucks worth of crap. 85+ if I throw in the extra USB C charger I got from Google. That's where my money goes with the switching...all the accessories haha

That's a fact!! I spend stupid amounts on accessories!! I have 14 cases for my 6s Plus right now, plus just bought some camera accessories for it (olloclip lens, tri-pod and remote button)

Laserbutt

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
To provide an update I ended up replacing my note 5 with a LG V10, while I appreciate the quality of the iPhone line I couldn't pass up all the features. I've been pleasantly surprised by the performance, screen quality, build quality, and camera quality

I guess it's not wonder MKBHD gives it the number 2 spot for best phablet of 2015 next to the Note 5

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I see your 6P/6s Plus trade fell through, huh? That's too bad. I'm still very happy with this iPhone. Don't see me going back any time soon.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I see your 6P/6s Plus trade fell through, huh? That's too bad. I'm still very happy with this iPhone. Don't see me going back any time soon.
Yeah. Guy was supposed to call me yesterday at noon but I haven't heard from him since Wednesday afternoon/evening. While I was interested in making the trade, I'm content with what I have. Was honestly having second thoughts but would've still gone through with it LOL

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Now that I've stopped using multiple phones and am just sticking to the 6s Plus I'm surprisingly happy. My wife and daughter are happy too and everything works great. I think I'll spend at least half-to-all of 2016 in the iPhone camp and may get a Mac too. I think it's gonna be a fun year.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Now that I've stopped using multiple phones and am just sticking to the 6s Plus I'm surprisingly happy. My wife and daughter are happy too and everything works great. I think I'll spend at least half-to-all of 2016 in the iPhone camp and may get a Mac too. I think it's gonna be a fun year.

It was a very fun (and expensive) year for me last year so I share your joy! The dark side is calling you....

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly where I'm at. I don't have the stress of juggling phones and buying/selling. It started to drain on me. I'm staying all Apple for the foreseeable future.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Guy was supposed to call me yesterday at noon but I haven't heard from him since Wednesday afternoon/evening. While I was interested in making the trade, I'm content with what I have. Was honestly having second thoughts but would've still gone through with it LOL

That's too bad. I'm really enjoying this iPhone much more than I did with the 6P or any other Android phone I've had over the last couple of years.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That's too bad. I'm really enjoying this iPhone much more than I did with the 6P or any other Android phone I've had over the last couple of years.

The iPhone 6S Plus has been good for me, but I haven't been interested in it much since I bought it. Don't get me wrong, I use it all day everyday. But, I'm not really playing with it, or exploring features like I did with my Note 5. But I have been all over my iPad Air 2.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 6S Plus has been good for me, but I haven't been interested in it much since I bought it. Don't get me wrong, I use it all day everyday. But, I'm not really playing with it, or exploring features like I did with my Note 5. But I have been all over my iPad Air 2.

It does everything I need a phone to do, and does it pretty much flawlessly. Android phones are certainly more feature packed. But I always have issues with something that's a deal breaker. Don't have that here. Plus I'm actually able to enjoy my life outside of a phone, with still having a great phone that does absolutely everything I want or need.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It does everything I need a phone to do, and does it pretty much flawlessly. Android phones are certainly more feature packed. But I always have issues with something that's a deal breaker. Don't have that here. Plus I'm actually able to enjoy my life outside of a phone, with still having a great phone that does absolutely everything I want or need.

That sounds awesome.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I will say that for what I use a phone for, the 6P and one's iPhone of choice do them equally well. I think at this point the combo of the 6P and my iPad Air 2 are really good. The Air 2 can control all of the Apple ecosystem stuff I've amassed over the years since it's all at my house. The 6P gives me the Google device I want since much of my mobile life is related to Google and their services anyway!

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I will say that for what I use a phone for, the 6P and one's iPhone of choice do them equally well. I think at this point the combo of the 6P and my iPad Air 2 are really good. The Air 2 can control all of the Apple ecosystem stuff I've amassed over the years since it's all at my house. The 6P gives me the Google device I want since much of my mobile life is related to Google and their services anyway!

Yeah, I don't blame you or anyone else for using a 6P. That's an awesome phone. I just had some issues with it that make the iPhone better for me. The OIS in the camera for videos makes the 6s Plus perfect for chasing a 3 year old around. The 6P looked like crap compared to this. I also had some Bluetooth issues and it's been rock solid on my iPhone. And then battery life - I was ending the night around 10-15% on my 6P. I'm going to bed around 40% on my iPhone. I do miss the customization on Android for sure. But until I can trust an Android device like I do my iPhone and until they have an Android phone and laptop/tablet that work together the way Apple does, I'll stay with the fruit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen