I have an iPhone 6s Plus and Nexus 6P currently but had a Galaxy s6 and a note 5 for awhile. I will say the note 5 is an absolutely gorgeous phone to hold and use and the camera is much better than the iphone. It focuses and snaps pics so much faster than my iphone or nexus. For me I prefer the nexus and iphone because they are de-cruddified. After using Samsung for a few month it always started to bother me with the slowdowns and having to tweak things constantly to get decent battery life. If they released a GPE of the Notes or Galaxies I'd probably be back in with Samsung more often than I am.
    Are you keeping the iPhone and Nexus? What do you think of the two? I'm using a 6s Plus, and while I have absolutely no issue with it - it works flawlessly - I'm still eyeing that 6P.
    01-31-2016 10:18 AM
    And now apparently my posts have to be approved by a mod to appear? Really?

Someone asks a question to contrast the two phones and platforms, and honest real world feedback gets reported and censored if it isn't completely positive towards Apple? LOL

Why allow the question, if I can't answer it honestly and respectfully?

I had a really excellent post with a bunch of really good examples, no name calling, nothing negative, just comparisons and that post said I needed a mod to approve it and it still hasn't shown up... Weird
    01-31-2016 10:19 AM
    And now apparently my posts have to be approved by a mod to appear? Really?

Someone asks a question to contrast the two phones and platforms, and honest real world feedback gets reported and censored if it isn't completely positive towards Apple? LOL

Why allow the question, if I can't answer it honestly and respectfully?

I had a really excellent post with a bunch of really good examples, no name calling, nothing negative, just comparisons and that post said I needed a mod to approve it and it still hasn't shown up... Weird
    No? We get loads of spam daily, and sometimes posts gets caught in the filter, nothing we can do about that.
    01-31-2016 10:25 AM
    No? We get loads of spam daily, and sometimes posts gets caught in the filter, nothing we can do about that.
    Ok, fair enough... I was like what the heck? I didn't say anything bad or inflammatory and it was on topic... LOL
    01-31-2016 10:26 AM
    Are you keeping the iPhone and Nexus? What do you think of the two? I'm using a 6s Plus, and while I have absolutely no issue with it - it works flawlessly - I'm still eyeing that 6P.
    Right now I have the iPhone for sale but I'm a bit torn. I love both. Learning towards the Nexus right now since selling it would pay for the Nexus and then some.
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-31-2016 10:48 AM
    I also switched from a Note 5 to a iPhone 6S Plus. I will admit I do at times miss the Note 5. Only because iPhone sometimes gets boring. I go thru the boring phase once and awhile with my 6S Plus....after a day or two it passes lol. For me what makes it hard is my wife, son, a few family members, my best friend, and a few other friends have iPhone, so sharing pics or videos comes very easy due to iMessage. For example my son plays football so I video some of his plays during the game. He likes to save them so it's easy to send him high resolution videos thru iMessage. I know there are work arounds for you to send these high resolution videos or pics with an android phone to iPhone as well Dropbox or google drive.

I also miss the customization. Not as much as I use too in the past. But having the option to do it and knowing you can is a big plus.

OS updates and security updates are also is important to me. Something that iPhone does very well. I know android reasons on why they can't do it as fast as iPhone. But i do wish it could be a little faster. Waiting 4 or 5 months for an OS update is crazy. Like I said I understand the reasons on why due to the carriers and the manufacturers.

But anyway....so I still til this day think about my decision to go with my iPhone 6S Plus over my Note 5. As stated by many others there are pros and cons on both platforms. I just can't decide which is best for me lol lol.
    Wildo6882, Adawg1203 and Lefty724 like this.
    01-31-2016 11:29 AM
    To me, the Note 5 and the iPhone 6s Plus are pretty close. It will be interesting if finally one day Apple allow OWNERS of their devices to configure them at will...
    01-31-2016 12:23 PM
    Right now I have the iPhone for sale but I'm a bit torn. I love both. Learning towards the Nexus right now since selling it would pay for the Nexus and then some.
    Yeah, that's part of my reasoning - saving money. But the issues I read about the Nexus on Android Central and other sites are keeping me away. I have no issues with my iPhone other than I wish it allowed for a little more customization and setting defaults. It's a great phone that does everything very well.
    01-31-2016 01:06 PM
    The bickering here is astounding.
    213ninja likes this.
    01-31-2016 02:34 PM
    The bickering here is astounding.
    Albeit it is, there is still some very valid arguments and points being made here, too.
    01-31-2016 03:53 PM
    Albeit it is, there is still some very valid arguments and points being made here, too.
    Indeed haha but I'd expect more class in an iPhone forum
    01-31-2016 03:54 PM
    Indeed haha but I'd expect more class in an iPhone forum
    Hmmm now that's an interesting statement.
    01-31-2016 04:44 PM
    RE: Question about other top end Android phones.
    I have the iPhone 6s Plus and the Google Nexus 6P. Both are excellent phones, and I would have a very difficult time choosing between them. Aesthetically, and despite the so-called "bump" at the top of the Nexus back (which is really a visual negative much more than a bump on the plane of the back panel), they are both beautiful phones, and both are excellent in daily usage. Apple's phone is exceptionally well-built. My gripe with it, besides the obscene price, is that they have a phone large enough for a 5.7" screen, and probably 5.8", but they haven't made the move to minimize bezels nor turn their physical button into a software button. Despite the bump, overall, I'd give the Nexus a very slight advantage. Android 6 is terrific.
    01-31-2016 05:17 PM
    Went from the iPhone 5s to the Note 5. After having to return 3 Notes for the same reason... Unresponsive S Pen issues and constant lock ups, T-Mobile allowed me to switch back to the iPhone. I have a 6s and couldn't be happier. That said, I have to admit that the screen on the Note 5 is phenomenal. No problems watching Netflix or other HD video material. Apple needs to step up to a competitive screen.

All that said, and after a number of years with Android... I'm sticking with the iPhone from here on out. I simply don't have the issues I had with Android. My 6s works flawlessly with only an occasional lock up caused by a web site I'm on. And the hardware is premium as everyone knows. I guess enough said....
    01-31-2016 05:19 PM
    Hmmm now that's an interesting statement.
    Yeah, it presumes that owning an apple product makes you inherently more classy... It doesn't.

It also concludes that our factual and civil discussion of the pros and cons of each platform, is somehow... Unclassy? Lol

That's an interesting conclusion...
    01-31-2016 05:38 PM
    Yeah, it presumes that owning an apple product makes you inherently more classy... It doesn't.

It also concludes that our factual and civil discussion of the pros and cons of each platform, is somehow... Unclassy? Lol

That's an interesting conclusion...
    Well said.
    01-31-2016 08:25 PM
    Right, time to get the thread back on track.

I miss my Note 5, but, ONLY for the form factor. What I mean by that, the Note 5 I had, seems to 'fit' my hand better. Maybe that had to do with the slightly curved back. Albeit, I had a very slimline case on it, too.

Still getting used to my iPhone 6s Plus, on day 3.
    02-01-2016 06:48 AM
    Man, I am in a pickle between these two devices, I have the 6s Plus cause I passed the 14 days and couldn't return it and I love the note 5 for all the features you mentioned. I keep on buying the note 5 and then returning it cause i convince myself that i don't need two devices.!
    02-01-2016 10:36 AM
    I've switched back and forth so many times it's hard to count, but I may be sticking with the iPhone 6S Plus for a while. The most important features to me are camera (slight Note 5 advantage), text messages (HUGE iMessage advantage), battery life (iPhone gets MUCH better stand-by time), and aesthetics (Note 5 looked prettier to me, but it's subjective).
    Yes, I miss tons of features about the Note 5: customization other than just wallpaper, stylus, beautiful screen, and file organization (like hooking up to a computer and digging right into the files I want and transferring them). Overall I think the features of the iPhone 6S Plus align with my needs slightly better than the Note 5 did, but who knows what the next generation of Android devices will bring to the table.

Glad to hear you're getting along nicely with the iPhone!
    02-01-2016 10:47 AM
    I am actually considering going in the other direction from Apple to a Note or something else that is Samsung but I am stuck till June next year Most of the apps I currently use are already in the Google Play Store and since I can still use my outlook I will be fine
    02-01-2016 12:05 PM
    Well by then the Galaxy S7 will be out, and maybe some other options...

It all comes down to what you want.

The iPhone is an excellent phone. Android is better, but only if its advantages are things that matter to you. Pretty much anything that an iPhone does, an Android phone does, same goes for apps. But there is a fairly substantial list of things that an Android phone can do that the iPhone can't. If you need any of those things, then Android is the better fit.

If you want battery life above all else, get a Droid Turbo 2. The battery life on that beast is incredible. Easily double anything that Apple has.
    02-01-2016 01:00 PM
    The other feature I hope Apple incorporates into iOS is with regards to the dialer. On most android devices when you push digits, suggested names of the related contacts begin to pop up for the person you want to dial. Or you can start typing the persons name and their number will pop up automatically then you just hit the call button. It's a convenient feature without having to go into contacts to lookup the person then dial from there.

Hopefully I explained it correctly.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    02-01-2016 03:26 PM
    You know, that is a really good point and feature. Not sure why Apple doesn't have that... I had that for so many years with Android that I no longer saw it as a "feature"... it was just how I thought every phone worked these days. Apparently not! haha
    02-01-2016 03:28 PM
    I had the note 4 and I had so much trouble with it that I only had it for 15 months before I decided to switch back to Apple iPhone 6s. It was the best move I ever made not only does Apple maintain its battery life much better than android phones but it operates so much faster and better on the the network. Additionally your not having to Boost the phone or jump through hoops to maintain its performance.
    02-01-2016 04:18 PM
    One android feature I miss, having come back to Apple is the ease of two way recording of phone calls whether the calls are incoming or outgoing. Apple phones don't really let you automatically record calls but android have several apps that work great. Google handwriting is also a great app/feature that Apple doesn't have. Still for me it was worth returning to Apple.
    02-01-2016 04:23 PM
375 ... 45678 ...