Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 375
Like Tree269Likes
  1. #251  
    manni1to's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Honestly - what keeps me coming back to the iPhone 6s Plus is the battery life. It is unparalleled.
  2. #252  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    Honestly - what keeps me coming back to the iPhone 6s Plus is the battery life. It is unparalleled.
    It's been proven multiple times that many Android phones keep up with iPhone battery life and can even surpass it(quite easily).
    jnew619 likes this.
  3. #253  
    manni1to's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    I have yet to own an android phone that has better battery life than the 6s plus. I have not tried the droid line on Verizon though. But nothing else comes close. Sorry.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
  4. #254  
    manni1to's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Galaxy s6 - not as good. Note 5 - not as good. LG G4 - not as good. V10 - not as good.

    That's what I have used.
  5. #255  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by manni1to View Post
    I have yet to own an android phone that has better battery life than the 6s plus. I have not tried the droid line on Verizon though. But nothing else comes close. Sorry.
    Nexus 6
    Droid Turbo
    Droid Turbo 2
    Droid MAXX
  6. #256  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,014 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    It's been proven multiple times that many Android phones keep up with iPhone battery life and can even surpass it(quite easily).
    I have yet to find an Android phone that has better battery life than my current iPhones that I am using which are 6S, 6S+ and 6+.

    I have used:

    Nexus 4
    Note 4
    Note Edge
    Note 5

    Even my 6S has better battery life than any of those phones and it has a smaller battery then three of those phones.
    mumfoau likes this.
  7. #257  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    I have yet to find an Android phone that has better battery life than my current iPhones that I am using which are 6S, 6S+ and 6+.

    I have used:

    Nexus 4
    Note 4
    Note Edge
    Note 5

    Even my 6S has better battery life than any of those phones and it has a smaller battery then three of those phones.
    My note 5 is beating my 6s+ by a landslide. I just got my new 6s+ replacement ill see how it does but probably wont do much better
  8. #258  
    sp44's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by MooMooPrincess View Post
    My note 5 is beating my 6s+ by a landslide. I just got my new 6s+ replacement ill see how it does but probably wont do much better
    Something is not right then with your 6s+.
  9. #259  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    Something is not right then with your 6s+.
    Maybe, or, some of the Android phones might have better battery life than most Apple fans give them credit for.

    In my experience, most Android fans were once Apple fans that got tired of the limitations and wanted more choices and better features. But they remain pretty knowledgeable on both platforms.

    I see that most Apple fans, don't know a lot about Android. They can repeat the proper key sound bytes of "fragmentation" and things like that, without truly understanding what it means, or if it even matters. Hell, I know of a lot of Apple fans that get a feature and think that it is "new" because Apple finally got it 2 years after the rest of the world got it... LOL

    Anyway, I am finding that the 6S+ has great battery life, but to say that nothing Android can touch it, is just plain wrong...
  10. #260  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,014 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post

    Anyway, I am finding that the 6S+ has great battery life, but to say that nothing Android can touch it, is just plain wrong...
    In three years of being on one of the AC, I have never heard anyone say that their Android phone got better battery life then an iPhone, especially sine the release of the 6+ and 6S+. My Note 5 is much better now after two weeks of using it. Very happy with it.

    I'm even getting comparable battery life to my 6S+ and 6S as I do with my 6S:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.PNG 
Views:	92 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	102805
  11. #261  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    In three years of being on one of the AC, I have never heard anyone say that their Android phone got better battery life then an iPhone, especially sine the release of the 6+ and 6S+. My Note 5 is much better now after two weeks of using it. Very happy with it.

    I'm even getting comparable battery life to my 6S+ and 6S as I do with my 6S:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.PNG 
Views:	92 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	102805
    A few of us have pointed out several phones that do get battery life, so I don't know what else you want us to say...
  12. #262  
    NexusGirlX's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,014 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    A few of us have pointed out several phones that do get battery life, so I don't know what else you want us to say...
    11 pages is too many to go through to look, sorry.
  13. #263  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    But in reality. who goes days without a charge anyway? I mean, if you are out camping in the woods I guess.

    But there is no reason to NOT toss the phone on the charger at night when you are sleeping... Why waste that time when you are asleep?

    Especially when for a year or two now, there have been several Android phones that offer good wireless charging... you know, that feature that Apple might have with the iPhone 7? It's not a new feature, several phones have had it for awhile now.

    If you phone is laying down on the night stand anyway, just lay it on the charger...
  14. #264  
    timee80's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    The Sony xperia phones have exceptional battery life. Just have a look at gsm arena battery results for all phones. Iphone are not at the top of the table

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
  15. #265  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by timee80 View Post
    The Sony xperia phones have exceptional battery life. Just have a look at gsm arena battery results for all phones. Iphone are not at the top of the table

    Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Yup. Many of the Moto Droids have crazy battery life as well. The iPhone has gotten better since the 6 came out, because they made the phones bigger so they could fit a better battery in there... that was part of the problem... for years the iPhone was designed for 13 year old girls, with a postage stamp sized screen, this limiting the size of the battery...
  16. #266  
    sp44's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    Yup. Many of the Moto Droids have crazy battery life as well. The iPhone has gotten better since the 6 came out, because they made the phones bigger so they could fit a better battery in there... that was part of the problem... for years the iPhone was designed for 13 year old girls, with a postage stamp sized screen, this limiting the size of the battery...
    Of course Droids do, they have big batteries. Come on man. I've had the whale N6. It's huge! I also had to turn down the brightness to get better battery life. I'm done doing that stuff with Androids. Make the crap more efficient. They can't because of manufacturer or carrier bloat. Fix that and I'll be back to Android.
  17. #267  
    MooMooPrincess's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,151 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    Of course Droids do, they have big batteries. Come on man. I've had the whale N6. It's huge! I also had to turn down the brightness to get better battery life. I'm done doing that stuff with Androids. Make the crap more efficient. They can't because of manufacturer or carrier bloat. Fix that and I'll be back to Android.
    You have to turn down the brightness on a iPhone as well. If you root you can debloat or package disabler and bam, your solution.
  18. #268  
    SprSynJn's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    730 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by NexusGirlX View Post
    In three years of being on one of the AC, I have never heard anyone say that their Android phone got better battery life then an iPhone, especially sine the release of the 6+ and 6S+. My Note 5 is much better now after two weeks of using it. Very happy with it.

    I'm even getting comparable battery life to my 6S+ and 6S as I do with my 6S:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.PNG 
Views:	92 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	102805
    That is not what the average user gets for their iPhone I'm sure. It certainly isn't what I get even on my best day.
  19. #269  
    mach1man's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    But in reality. who goes days without a charge anyway? I mean, if you are out camping in the woods I guess.

    But there is no reason to NOT toss the phone on the charger at night when you are sleeping... Why waste that time when you are asleep?

    Especially when for a year or two now, there have been several Android phones that offer good wireless charging... you know, that feature that Apple might have with the iPhone 7? It's not a new feature, several phones have had it for awhile now.

    If you phone is laying down on the night stand anyway, just lay it on the charger...
    I agree with you on the charging every night.. But when I had my Note 5 I feel like the percentage was always lower on the note 5 then my iPhone 6s plus when going on charge at night. Also I feel like the drop from 100% to say 90 happened faster on the Note 5 as well.. But in saying that the Note 5 is a little more of a power hog, bigger and brighter screen plus some under the hood specs
  20. #270  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Yeah, I think that people need to remember that phones like the Note 5, have more power. They have larger, brighter and nicer screens. Because of widgets and all the real time multitasking going on, the CPU spends less time idle than an iPhone.

    Basically, the phone DOES more, and as a result, uses more energy doing it.

    The iPhone comes with little bloat, which the carriers(not Google) load up the Android phones with bloat, that are running background processes, updating, phoning home, etc...

    If you want to try an experiment, take the Android phone, and simply disable the bloat. You don't need root to do it, just disable the stuff.

    If you want to further compare it to an iPhone, don't use any widgets. Just disable them and make your home page a static, slab of icons that don't do anything unless you manually launch them one at a time.

    Turn off the advanced features and notifications and things that Android does, that Apple doesn't.

    Basically, downgrade the functionality of the Android device until it becomes little more than an iPhone, and see how long the battery lasts.

    I have already done this, and it matches and exceeds the iPhone more often than not.

    The result is that you can have all the battery life you want, the less the phone does. Or, you can just charge it once a day and leave the stuff on and not worry about it.

    I don't know anyone that is so lazy that they can't be bothered to plug in their phone at nigh to charge... There's no benefit of NOT doing that...
    mach1man and cwbcpa like this.
  21. #271  
    SquireSCA's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    226 Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by sp44 View Post
    Of course Droids do, they have big batteries. Come on man. I've had the whale N6. It's huge! I also had to turn down the brightness to get better battery life. I'm done doing that stuff with Androids. Make the crap more efficient. They can't because of manufacturer or carrier bloat. Fix that and I'll be back to Android.
    The Nexus doesn't have that bloat, and what little it does have, is easily disabled. It's the first thing I do with a new phone.

    I did it on my 6S+ as well. Uninstalled a couple apps, went into the Spotlight search settings and disabled all the useless stuff, etc...
  22. #272  
    sp44's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Waving white flag....
  23. #273  
    armstrong47's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Just got the 6s plus yesterday... still getting used to the natural display (not as saturated) and no back button but otherwise I'm a happy camper. Used the Android transfer app and it saved all texts and just about everything else but didn't transfer apps. Still getting those loaded. Gaming seems much more fluid due to Metal, at least that's my initial take vs the Note 5.
    jnew619, ladyc0524 and mumfoau like this.
  24. #274  
    Haalcyon's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    873 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,871 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    The new Samsungs look nice but even though they may be clearly better in many regards I'm just not going down the Android path anytime soon. All this Apple stuff works very well together for me, even if I can't molest it as much.
    swarlos likes this.
  25. #275  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,984 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,686 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you switched from a Note 5? Hindsight Appreciated!

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    The new Samsungs look nice but even though they may be clearly better in many regards I'm just not going down the Android path anytime soon. All this Apple stuff works very well together for me, even if I can't molest it as much.
    I'm of the same mindset. I just love how everything works so well together and I absolutely love my Watch! I've used a Nexus 6P for barely a day before fleeing back to my iPhone. It's not that I don't like Android cause Marshmallow is awesome but I just have so much invested in iOS in the last 4 years since coming back from a 2 year stint with Android. It just doesn't make sense. I also feel there's no Android Wear equivalent watch that I'd want to buy to replace my Watch.
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How do I get my messages to let me know when I have one?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 06:31 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 03:11 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 02:46 PM
  4. Why did my notes under some contact names disappear when I transferred to new phone?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 01:24 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions