Judging by the fact that Samsung sells more phones than anyone, including Apple, and by the fact that even a heavy portion of the people here in this thread, on a very popular Apple forum, seem to have a pretty high regard for Samsung;s flagship phones, I am confident that my opinion is pretty much right on the money...

In any event, you can quibble about which car I should have used in my analogy based on whether you are a Ford or Chevy guy... it's kinda irrelevant... You know the point that I was making...

The Note 5 and other flagship phones often have less battery life, for the reasons that I gave. The iPhone does have widgets and it doesn't truly multitask and run lots of background processes the way that an Android phone does. As a result, the iPhones CPU tends to spend a lot more time being idle, consuming less power...

Which is a bonus if you want longer battery life when not using your phone.

But technically, the Android phones DO a lot more, and when you do more work, be it digital or pushing a car down the road faster, it consumes more energy doing so...

If you want to argue which car you prefer, I guess you can start a new topic in another section or something... haha
    02-15-2016 08:07 AM
    People have high regard for Samsung phones because as each year goes by the phones become more Apple-like. Except the software.

Replacing Touchwiz with the Google Launcher is not a great fix IMO. Another shouldn't have to do it. Like removing the Facebook app to get better battery life.
    02-15-2016 01:13 PM
    People have high regard for Samsung phones because as each year goes by the phones become more Apple-like. Except the software.

Replacing Touchwiz with the Google Launcher is not a great fix IMO. Another shouldn't have to do it. Like removing the Facebook app to get better battery life.
    As far as the outside chassis anyway. Of course, the same can be said that Apple's "plus" phones are just copies of the Note series...

What makes the Note better to a lot of people is that it has that "premium metal" feel of the iPhone, but with the more advanced and easier to use Android software... :-)
    02-15-2016 01:37 PM

Last time I saw people were mad it was becoming more apple-esque.
    02-15-2016 01:47 PM
    But they aren't... Just giving it a fancy metal case isn't what makes an iPhone an iPhone.

The screen, the OS, the UI, the Apps, the extra features are what defines the phone.

Yeah, Samsung has been moving away from cheap plastic cases to nice machined aluminum... But that's it.

Nobody just looks at the metal casing. That is the wrapper, it's not what you actually USE on a daily basis...
    02-15-2016 01:49 PM
    The software is where the difference is at. I have never had anything bad to say about Apple's hardware other than skimping on the RAM. Their hardware is top notch.

It's the OS that is so limited and behind the competition...
    02-15-2016 01:50 PM

I haven't done any of these on any of my current Android phones: Note 5, Note 4, Note Edge.

I use the stock touch wiz with ZERO apps disabled. I use FaceBook everyday and it uses barely 2% of the battery each day and so far today, it's at the bottom of the list at 1%. I always wonder why people end up having to disable things when I've never had the problems they have.

I like Samsung phones because of the quality. I don't think they look like my iPhone 6S+ in any way.
    02-15-2016 01:51 PM
    I haven't done any of these on any of my current Android phones: Note 5, Note 4, Note Edge.

I use the stock touch wiz with ZERO apps disabled. I use FaceBook everyday and it uses barely 2% of the battery each day and so far today, it's at the bottom of the list at 1%. I always wonder why people end up having to disable things when I've never had the problems they have.

I like Samsung phones because of the quality. I don't think they look like my iPhone 6S+ in any way.
    I just disable stuff I don't need because it is in my nature to tinker. haha

On the Nexus, not really an issue. Touchwiz has gotten better over the years but I still prefer vanilla Android...
    02-15-2016 01:53 PM
    I just disable stuff I don't need because it is in my nature to tinker. haha

On the Nexus, not really an issue. Touchwiz has gotten better over the years but I still prefer vanilla Android...
    Nothing wrong with that. I still think I may be buying a Nexus phone either this week or next and replacing yet another one of my iPhones with it. I still plan on using my 6S due to it's size and my ability to make calls one handed.

I haven't had a Nexus phone since the 4. I still have that Nexus 4 and use it occasionally.

In the week that I've had my Note 5, I have come to appreciate everything that is Android all over again. I have a total of seven apps on my home screen and ONLY one home screen. The rest of the apps are in the app drawer and i have many of those organized in folders that I would normally have on my home screen. I so wish I could do this on my iPhone plus being able to place an app anywhere on the home screen without the OS forcing it back down to the lowest empty space on the screen. I often have an app at the top right, right below my clock and nothing else below it besides the dock apps.

So, two things will always keep me using an iPhone:

1 The size of the 6S or 7S in the future if the size remains the same and I will use it for my job
    2. The music app. I hate listening to music on my Android phones. I've only done it a few times. I always prefer the iOS music app.

I can't wait to see what Samsung does with the Note 6.
    02-15-2016 02:01 PM
    Nothing wrong with that. I still think I may be buying a Nexus phone either this week or next and replacing yet another one of my iPhones with it. I still plan on using my 6S due to it's size and my ability to make calls one handed.

I haven't had a Nexus phone since the 4. I still have that Nexus 4 and use it occasionally.

In the week that I've had my Note 5, I have come to appreciate everything that is Android all over again. I have a total of seven apps on my home screen and ONLY one home screen. The rest of the apps are in the app drawer and i have many of those organized in folders that I would normally have on my home screen. I so wish I could do this on my iPhone plus being able to place an app anywhere on the home screen without the OS forcing it back down to the lowest empty space on the screen. I often have an app at the top right, right below my clock and nothing else below it besides the dock apps.

So, two things will always keep me using an iPhone:

1 The size of the 6S or 7S in the future if the size remains the same and I will use it for my job
    2. The music app. I hate listening to music on my Android phones. I've only done it a few times. I always prefer the iOS music app.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

While I have he 6S plus now, I don't know that I will get an iPhone the next time around...

It all depends on a couple things...

1) Will the next version of iOS allow real widgets and some basic customization?
    2) Allow me to set default app preferences?

If I can get those things, I might stay...
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    02-15-2016 02:11 PM

I've always had crap battery life if I didn't disable. For the first few weeks it was fine, but after that it got horrible. So I just disable especially since I'm stock.
    02-15-2016 02:36 PM

Good news. You can now get Apple Music app on android. It works perfectly so far on Note 5. That was one of the reasons for me coming back to iPhone.
    02-15-2016 02:42 PM
    Agree with pretty much all of that.

While I have he 6S plus now, I don't know that I will get an iPhone the next time around...

It all depends on a couple things...

1) Will the next version of iOS allow real widgets and some basic customization?
    2) Allow me to set default app preferences?

If I can get those things, I might stay...
    I really don't understand why you even bother with Apple then. You seem happy with Android.
    02-15-2016 03:30 PM
    I really don't understand why you even bother with Apple then. You seem happy with Android.
    As I said before, the Nexus 6P was not an option, and so my only real replacement for my Nexus 6 was a Note 5 or the iPhone 6S plus.

The Note 5 was a slight upgrade in hardware, but a big downgrade in software... So I figured that between the two, I would just give the iPhone a try...
    02-15-2016 03:32 PM
    As I said before, the Nexus 6P was not an option, and so my only real replacement for my Nexus 6 was a Note 5 or the iPhone 6S plus.

The Note 5 was a slight upgrade in hardware, but a big downgrade in software... So I figured that between the two, I would just give the iPhone a try...
    Why are you so against the 6P?
    02-15-2016 05:34 PM
    ATT doesn't offer it. I could have bought one from Google, but part of switching from Verizon to att was the $500 credit I got fo trading in my nexus 6 towards an ATT phone
    02-15-2016 07:51 PM
    ATT doesn't offer it. I could have bought one from Google, but part of switching from Verizon to att was the $500 credit I got fo trading in my nexus 6 towards an ATT phone
    Ah. At this point, couldn't you sell your iPhone, buy a 6P, and pocket the difference?
    02-15-2016 10:25 PM
    Why are you so against the 6P?
    I am wondering the same. The 6p quality is immaculate. It's fast, smooth, has one of the best cameras around and great build quality. Plus the big battery goes an entire day and then some, without any issue for me.
    02-16-2016 10:24 AM
    Not against the 6P at all. But it was a matter of getting the iPhone 6s Plus for almost free, or spending money to get the Nexus 6P... Being that I got laid off the next day, I made the right choice. LOL

If AT&T had the 6P, I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.
    02-16-2016 10:27 AM
    Not against the 6P at all. But it was a matter of getting the iPhone 6s Plus for almost free, or spending money to get the Nexus 6P... Being that I got laid off the next day, I made the right choice. LOL

If AT&T had the 6P, I would have gotten it in a heartbeat.
    Right, but couldn't you sell the iPhone now and get a 6P and be in the same boat? I'm not being difficult, it just sounds like you don't like the iPhone and there are definitely other good options out there now. I'm waiting on the S7 announcement before I fully make up my mind on what I'm doing.
    02-16-2016 11:14 AM
    Right, but couldn't you sell the iPhone now and get a 6P and be in the same boat? I'm not being difficult, it just sounds like you don't like the iPhone and there are definitely other good options out there now. I'm waiting on the S7 announcement before I fully make up my mind on what I'm doing.
    I like it. I just like it as much as some other devices because of the shortcomings of iOS...
    02-16-2016 01:46 PM
    I like it. I just like it as much as some other devices because of the shortcomings of iOS...
    Yeah. I understand. I like it. But I still prefer Android. But there isn't an Android phone as stable and as fluid as this.
    02-16-2016 02:05 PM
    Yeah. I understand. I like it. But I still prefer Android. But there isn't an Android phone as stable and as fluid as this.
    My Nexus 6 was, in all seriousness.
    02-16-2016 02:06 PM
    My Nexus 6 was, in all seriousness.
    That thing was overall a good phone. But it was HUGE! And the camera could take some good shots, but it was slow - which ended up in a lot of missed photo opportunities with the kids.
    02-16-2016 06:41 PM
    I've had so so many phones, so many android phones. I think my Note 4 was my favorite before AT&T killed its ability to forward calls (and use my Gear S as intended). The Nexus 6 was decent...nice and huge. I still have a perfectly good 9 month old Nexus 5 that collects dust (I should sell it but why bother...who'd really want it at this stage in the game). If the Note 5 had had a removable battery I'd likely have one now. I finally just settled on iOS because what is there works and works well and fits nicely with my iMac and Mac Pro. Plus my wife and daughter use iPhones. So, in December I decided to jump in the cold water and have come to appreciate my iPhones once again. Now I have too many iPhones and 2 iPads but they all work well, even the lowly 5c my work tossed to me. All in all, I'm very happy with how well all this Apple gear works together...and it's fun.
    just1083 and Wildo6882 like this.
    02-16-2016 07:55 PM
375 ... 89101112 ...