Printing pictures

JKirkland86

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I want to print a few pictures I have taken with my 6s+ but am unsure how big I could go with them before they start to suffer in quality. I tried googling it, but only found stuff for the 5c, 4s, etc. I found some guidelines for printing photos from an dslr, but I assume since they have better sensors that they can go bigger than a phone camera with a tiny sensor. I was mainly going to go with 8x10s of my kids for my grandparents but wanted to know how big I could go in case I want to ever do bigger prints.

TLDR: how big can 6s+ photos be printed before losing quality.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I want to print a few pictures I have taken with my 6s+ but am unsure how big I could go with them before they start to suffer in quality. I tried googling it, but only found stuff for the 5c, 4s, etc. I found some guidelines for printing photos from an dslr, but I assume since they have better sensors that they can go bigger than a phone camera with a tiny sensor. I was mainly going to go with 8x10s of my kids for my grandparents but wanted to know how big I could go in case I want to ever do bigger prints.

TLDR: how big can 6s+ photos be printed before losing quality.

Your question is very open. I think it will depend on the printer you have and the photo editing program you use. An 8 x 10 should be easy to obtain. I own an iPhone 6, Canon Pro 100 & Pro 1 printers, plus Photoshop with AlienSkin & OnOne editing software. I have done 13 x 19 prints with ease. But I have the equipment to do it. I do a lot of proofing for customers hence the equipment and software.

A good editing program can take care of most loss. I would never do the maximum size, that is what DSLR's are for. It will depend on your equipment and software, but as for an 8 x 10 you should be able to print it without doing anything to the image. And should have no loss at all since it will be downsizing the image.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
You can print 8x10 easily. I've actually got good 13x19 prints from my Digital Rebel and that was over 10 years ago. The 6s Plus's resolution is over twice that of the original Digital Rebel.

You'll have to download them to a Windows or Mac though to realize the full potential though.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice