Charging phone in the car

JKirkland86

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
I usually get about two days out of my phone battery as of now. If I plug my phone into the USB port in my car for my music it also charges the phone. Will doing so ruin how long a full charge lasts me fast enough that it will make a difference? I am thinking over time it will reduce how long the full charge will last as it is getting small charges infrequently and for at most 30 minute drives, but worried it will make it worse that much faster.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually get about two days out of my phone battery as of now. If I plug my phone into the USB port in my car for my music it also charges the phone. Will doing so ruin how long a full charge lasts me fast enough that it will make a difference?
I doubt it.
I am thinking over time it will reduce how long the full charge will last as it is getting small charges infrequently and for at most 30 minute drives, but worried it will make it worse that much faster.
Again, I doubt it, but hey, anything's possible.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Charge it any way you wish. Four 25% charges equal one full 100% charge cycle. Apple has made the charging logic pretty much user stupid proof. The phone will shut off before battery voltage drops to a unsafe voltatage. And leaving it plugged in is safe as after 90% the phone trickle charges.

Actually if you want to obsess over your phone battery, keeping the charge level between 40% and 80% will give you the longest battery life, like 8 years. But who keeps their phone that long, and why let charging your phone run your life.

You can't harm the battery regardless of how you charge it. And the charge capacity will slowly decrease such that after about 500 full charge cycles (cumulative 0-100%) you will still have about 80% of original capacity. Like 2-3 years usage.

Last edited:

JKirkland86

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Just wasn't sure if that would be damaging or not. Would hate to ruin the battery life of my phone. Now to just find a stubby lightning cable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2