Note/Journaling App

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi folks,

Sorry to post this here but move it if you must.

I am looking for opinions on a nice note/journaling app. I've Google searched, read forums etc but still can't make a decision. Looking for ease of use, cloud backup, and the ablility to add pictures.

Some friends of mine say either Notability or Vesper (both paid apps mind you).

Are either of these worth the price of admission? Or should I look elsewhere?

P.S. Posting here since I also would like the app to have 3d touch (I own a 6s Plus).

Thank you in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The aforementioned apps should be sufficient. Now all you have to do is pick one or use them both.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
The aforementioned apps should be sufficient. Now all you have to do is pick one or use them both.

Right but I'm asking if there is anyone here that has used either one? Also there's a five dollar difference in price. Which one do you think is worth it?

Rather not spend 15 bucks on apps if I don't have to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Right but I'm asking if there is anyone here that has used either one? Also there's a five dollar difference in price. Which one do you think is worth it?

Rather not spend 15 bucks on apps if I don't have to.

Yes, I've used Notability and found it to be excellent for taking notes/journaling, but that's Just Me, D. I understand what you're saying but who's to say that spending the $15 wouldn't be worth it to you? Anyway, some alternatives are:

Drafts
iA Writer

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I've used Notability and found it to be excellent for taking notes/journaling, but that's Just Me, D. I understand what you're saying but who's to say that spending the $15 wouldn't be worth it to you? Anyway, some alternatives are:

Drafts
iA Writer

Thanks man appreciate your feedback.

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I love Day One - I think it has the best UI. Good Notes is quite good for use with a stylus but Day One is much cleaner and user friendly.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Apple Notes or OneNote.

Day One is more of a journaling app. I have it on iOS and OS X. Never used it, but they were on sale, Lol...

Note Taking and Journaling aren't the same thing. You can use an app like OneNote for Journaling, easily. You cannot use an app like Day One for note taking easily. I don't even think you can put more than one image in a post, for example, which is something I routinely do in a OneNote note.

In OneNote you can literally embed Excel Spreadsheets in a Note, as well as Web Video. You can attach files. You can make all sorts of lists, incorporate Speech/Audio and Handwriting data which it can OCR. The organizational structure is different. Things aren't just Journal -> Entries. It's Notebook -> Section Group -> Section -> Page so there is a lot more organizational flexibility. OneNote supports more robust tagging than Day One, by far.

If you have access to (own) a Windows Machine, particularly one you can take without most places (Laptop, 2-in-1, Tablet), then OneNote is probably the best option out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2