Does anyone else hate using a case on their iPhone?

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: I hate using a case ! Help !

I don't like cases. But for the long haul you definitely need one. Best to have Apple Care or Assurion. But it is very necessary for the longevity of your device. Take the advice and find one that you can tolerate.

Grey_arc

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

I've never been able to keep a case on my previous 4 iPhones. My advice is get insurance, glass screen protector, and don't drop your phone. Hasn't failed me yet *fingers crossed*

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

Even the smallest thinnest cases bother me and add too much bulk. Anyone else feel the same ?!

Yes. I'm caseless 95% of the time. I do have an Apple leather case, though I won't use it much. I just got it because it was on sale and so that I'd have one if I really needed one.

Don't listen to people saying you must have a case. It's totally not necessary. Being caseless has never been a problem for me. Just get insurance for peace of mind.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I always use a case. If I drop my phone I have a better chance of survival than using no case whatsoever. Scratches and scrapes bother me and a case guards against those as well. I just need the piece of mind so for ME a case is necessary.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I hate using a case ! Help !

Even the smallest thinnest cases bother me and add too much bulk. Anyone else feel the same ?!

Yup. I feel the same. I have a Spigen Liquid Crystal, and as thin as this case is, it's pretty much all the bulk I can stand. I even tired the Spigen Ultra Hybrid, which is technically only a bit thicker, but for me it was over the comfort threshold. Also tried the Candyshell Grip, which I loved on my 6, but it was a no-go on my Plus. The size made it harder to handle despite the grips on the case.

If I were you I'd try the Liquid Crystal. It improves grip tremendously, and doesn't really change the feel of the phone. I'd say this case also provides a respectable amount of drop protection vs a naked phone.

Now and then I take the case off, but the slipperiness of the aluminium really causes too many slips and close calls for me. I honestly prefer the feel with the Liquid Crystal on it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I didn't mind not using a case with my 5. It was thick enough. But these newer "thinner" phones don't feel right naked. Too thin and slippery feeling. I want something to grab on to. Some grip. The bulkier the better.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site

For those who dislike cases but want protection while carrying, I suggest a leather slip-in pouch. This style of case was always popular with BlackBerry users, me included.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

While I do like the feel of a naked phone, but for me, a case is a Must, since the 6 and the 6S series are both slippery and can easily slip off. But of course that's just me. Different strokes for different folks.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I just "upgraded" from the 6s to the 6s Plus (Thanks T-Mobile for 3 upgrades a year) and I've been caseless almost a week. On the 6s I think It'd be easier for me to go caseless, but the 6s Plus has given me a few scares because of it's size. I just need to find a case I'll actually like for this things...

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I am not a fan of cases either. I am trying out the Spigen Air Skin at the moment and its great. You forget you even have a case on at all and it is thinner than the Spigen Liquid Crystal.

4mynikka

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Every phone I use I install an invisible skin on the back and a tempered glass on the front.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

I've mentioned this case in another thread, but I highly recommend the Ozaki Jelly. This case is a mere 0.4mm thick. I know there are other cases that are 0.4mm or thinner, but what this case has going for it is that it also has a 0.85 hump for camera protection (the other 0.4mm cases, like the ones from Spigen, don't have this hump, so the camera sticks out more than the case). I hope that helps.

MJ502

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

I've mentioned this case in another thread, but I highly recommend the Ozaki Jelly. This case is a mere 0.4mm thick. I know there are other cases that are 0.4mm or thinner, but what this case has going for it is that it also has a 0.85 hump for camera protection (the other 0.4mm cases, like the ones from Spigen, don't have this hump, so the camera sticks out more than the case). I hope that helps.

Actually the Spigen AirSkin for the iPhone 6s/6s Plus DOES have a lip/hump that protects the camera. It is also 0.4mm and protects the bottom part of the phone as well. The original iPhone 6/6 Plus AirSkin did not protect the bottom of the phone nor did it protect the camera. The newer version however, does. See below.

iPhone 6s Case AirSkin ? Spigen Inc.

Last edited:

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I am not a fan of cases either. I am trying out the Spigen Air Skin at the moment and its great. You forget you even have a case on at all and it is thinner than the Spigen Liquid Crystal.

I don't like how the matte finish of the case changes the look of the rose gold phone.

KingGrimlock

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site

Actually the Spigen AirSkin for the iPhone 6s/6s Plus DOES have a lip/hump that protects the camera. It is also 0.4mm and protects the bottom part of the phone as well. The original iPhone 6/6 Plus AirSkin did not protect the bottom of the phone nor did it protect the camera. The newer version however, does. See below.

iPhone 6s Case AirSkin ? Spigen Inc.
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to definitely check one out (I prefer Spigen products).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW