Does anyone else hate using a case on their iPhone?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate using a case but I always use one. On top of the fact that I'm clumsy (my wife will vouch for that) I have two kids that love running around the house with Daddy's iPhone. A case is a must for me!

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I hate using a case ! Help !

For those who dislike cases but want protection while carrying, I suggest a leather slip-in pouch. This style of case was always popular with BlackBerry users, me included.

This is exactly what I was going to say. I'm still on a Z30, deciding between either a Priv or 6S Plus (waiting for Verizon's Priv) and all I've ever used is a leather pouch. It's protected the entire time I'm not using it, including from being scratched in a pocket or when I toss it on the table, but I don't have to have any more bulk when I use it.

Apple puts so much effort into the design and materials of their phones I think it's a shame that everyone just covers it up in a $20 case.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Even though I don't care for cases, I find them necessary for day to day activities as to protect my devices in the long run. Over the years my lifestyle has changed so now I use minimal type cases such as the Apple Leather cases. A long way from the Otterbox Defender I once used and felt l had to have maximum protection.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I use a Black Leather Apple case on my 6S Plus but honestly I would prefer to not use one at all and with the iPhone 7 in the fall may go that route. The issue for me is how thin they are getting with the curved edges which make it hard to hold and easily dropped which I would prefer not to do.

For those who do go caseless do you have anything special protecting your phone, 3M Skins, bumpers anyting?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly what I was going to say. I'm still on a Z30, deciding between either a Priv or 6S Plus (waiting for Verizon's Priv) and all I've ever used is a leather pouch. It's protected the entire time I'm not using it, including from being scratched in a pocket or when I toss it on the table, but I don't have to have any more bulk when I use it.

Apple puts so much effort into the design and materials of their phones I think it's a shame that everyone just covers it up in a $20 case.

That is what I may be looking to do for the next iteration in the fall, especially if it gets thinner again but honestly they need to stop the thin routine and put a batter in it. Pouch would be nice, but I still want the 3M clear film to protect it but its hard to get the iphone into the pouch with that on it.

SkydiverTilt

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Gotta have a case (me not you) for 2 reasons.

1. The smooth form factor hurts my hands. I have to super grip it on phone calls and just holding so I actually get a sore hand holding it. Case gives me the much needed grip.

2. When I skydive I Wingsuit and skydiving is a violent arena for cell phones. The lifeproof is the best protection for Dropzone environments.

Lifeproof N??d + AppleCare+ and I'm pretty confident I can replace my phone whenever I choose too and not get myself in a situation where I am without.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I prefer naked. I have a ZAGG shield on the back of my iPhone and ZAGG Glass screen on the front. I keep my iPhone in a super slim SENA leather pouch when in my pocket.

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I prefer naked but hate scratches. I have an Otterbox Defender with a ZAGG screen protector but would prefer a clear case. Any recommendations?

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I prefer naked. I have a ZAGG shield on the back of my iPhone and ZAGG Glass screen on the front. I keep my iPhone in a super slim SENA leather pouch when in my pocket.

I tried the leather pouch but found the leather too flimsy because it's so thin. Do you have to really work it to get it back IN to the pouch (I found I did so I returned it).

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I tried the leather pouch but found the leather too flimsy because it's so thin. Do you have to really work it to get it back IN to the pouch (I found I did so I returned it).

Nope. I have two different ones. I have-

UltraSlim Classic Leather iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Pouch Phone Case | Sena Cases
Heritage UltraSlim Leather iPhone 6 Plus/6s Plus Phone Case | Sena Cases

My devices slide in easily. It is leather so it has a break in period. For the first few days it is somewhat difficult, then it is super easy. I also do not find it flimsy. I have had the classic for over a year and the heritage since I got the 6S Plus on launch day and they are both in excellent condition still.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Case off, at home, most of the time, I HATE the case, but the lesser of two evils, is a must....so a case it is when I leave home.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My solution had been thin easy off cases with decent protection.

For 6s Plus Plus that has been Apple and Incipio Octane. I can't say enough good about the Incipio Octane because of the combo of thin, protective and easy to get off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner