Anyone get the FRE Lifeoroof case on the 6S Plus

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I havent tried the 6s plus version but did try one on my 5s. As mentioned above it muffles the sound. That is a deal breaker for me.

jono119

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Had one on my 5, 5s, and 6. the one for my 5 and 5s was not good. the one for my 6 was perfect and i had no issues other than wear and tear on the case and Lifeproof replaced it. Also note that i had the early verison (small opening for lightning cable) and they replaced it with the new version with the wide opening.

I wanted the case for the 6s+ but for now i have a spigen.

eyezaya

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one! Was a decent case, but had two issues. First, the call quality was not good for me. I used it for business and leisure and for both times, the parties had a hard time hearing me talking to them. The second issue I had was using the headphone adapter. It was difficult to screw in as I tired to use it for headphones and aux cord in my car. I thought I was doing something wrong as I had a case for my 5s. I somehow got it to work a few days later, but figured the issues I had weren't worth it. Maybe others won't have the same issues, but that's what happened to me.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
My wife uses the fre she had for her iPhone 6 on her 6s. It fits fine, we just haven't submerged it in water yet. I don't like it but she loves it.

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a question for any one that has this case. I just received it yesterday from LifeProof and overall very pleased with it. I do however have one concern. On the lower left hand corner close to the headphone jack the case does not fit together tightly. It snaps shut, but I can stick my finger nail in the gap and open it relatively easy. I did water test it and it passed. Every where else the case is tight. I am going to call LifeProof tomorrow as they are closed today. Just wondering if this is normal or not. Thanks.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for any one that has this case. I just received it yesterday from LifeProof and overall very pleased with it. I do however have one concern. On the lower left hand corner close to the headphone jack the case does not fit together tightly. It snaps shut, but I can stick my finger nail in the gap and open it relatively easy. I did water test it and it passed. Every where else the case is tight. I am going to call LifeProof tomorrow as they are closed today. Just wondering if this is normal or not. Thanks.

I just got my case today and I don't have that gap you mention. Mine fits snug all the way around.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've used the Seidio OBEX case, still own it. I much prefer it over anything lifeproof. The OBEX is a tank, of course as with all water proof cases the sound will take a bit of a hit but to me the Seidio was the least objectional. As I said, it's solid. Rock solid protection. Highly recommend it for this type case.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've used the Seidio OBEX case, still own it. I much prefer it over anything lifeproof. The OBEX is a tank, of course as with all water proof cases the sound will take a bit of a hit but to me the Seidio was the least objectional. As I said, it's solid. Rock solid protection. Highly recommend it for this type case.

That's just it. I want all the protection and abilities that the LifeProof Fre provides without carrying around a "tank". I expect to lose some sound with waterproofing but I'm not sure my OCD will allow me to bypass the "rainbow" effects that the screen causes.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a fre life proof case for my 6s plus. I have NO issues with the sound being muffled on either end. And there is no rainbow effect on the screen either.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a fre life proof case for my 6s plus. I have NO issues with the sound being muffled on either end. And there is no rainbow effect on the screen either.

Interesting. Did you just purchase your LifeProof Fre? Is it a updated version of the Fre, because everyone I know with the LifeProof Fre has both problems.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
That's just it. I want all the protection and abilities that the LifeProof Fre provides without carrying around a "tank". I expect to lose some sound with waterproofing but I'm not sure my OCD will allow me to bypass the "rainbow" effects that the screen causes.
I never experienced the rainbow effect but your mileage may vary. There is an easy way to solve the rainbow effect however, just hold the OBEX or whatever you use over a bottle of baby powder and tap the side of the baby powder lightly to send a small puff of invisible dust to the screen protector and no more rainbow. Saw this demoed on a Otterbox Defender so I tried it myself, took a couple of practice tries to get it perfect but by golly it worked!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I never experienced the rainbow effect but your mileage may vary. There is an easy way to solve the rainbow effect however, just hold the OBEX or whatever you use over a bottle of baby powder and tap the side of the baby powder lightly to send a small puff of invisible dust to the screen protector and no more rainbow. Saw this demoed on a Otterbox Defender so I tried it myself, took a couple of practice tries to get it perfect but by golly it worked!

Wow. Thanks for the info . If I indeed get the LifeProof Fre, I will definitely try this. Thanks again.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Did you just purchase your LifeProof Fre? Is it a updated version of the Fre, because everyone I know with the LifeProof Fre has both problems.

Yeah, same here, had the LifeProof Fre myself on one of my earlier phones and went through several replacements before I finally just gave up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR