Duplicate picture folders after 9.2 updating.

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Now I have 32 newly named pictures folders along with my other pictures folders. A nice variety of many pictures from different folders in each. New names too! Same thing happened before on updating to iOS 9.1! What's up? These non-editable non-deletable folders can only be removed with my computer. The folders originally were created on an Android phone. Is that the issue here? Anyone know? Anyone else have this same occurrence? Please and thanks in advance. New loyal converted Blackberry/ Android user. Long live Apple!

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Now I have 32 newly named pictures folders along with my other pictures folders. A nice variety of many pictures from different folders in each. New names too! Same thing happened before on updating to iOS 9.1! What's up? These non-editable non-deletable folders can only be removed with my computer. The folders originally were created on an Android phone. Is that the issue here? Anyone know? Anyone else have this same occurrence? Please and thanks in advance. New loyal converted Blackberry/ Android user. Long live Apple!

Plugged in to computer, deleted duplicate folders. Updated to 9.2. Again, duplicate folders, with mixed up random pictures.

Any idea why?

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
The problem folders were originally created last year on an android phone, saved to my Windows computer. Then loaded on my iPhone using my computer. Now it seems I can't work with them after the newest iTunes update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The problem folders were originally created last year on an android phone, saved to my Windows computer. Then loaded on my iPhone using my computer. Now it seems I can't work with them after the newest iTunes update.

That's it then. You'll have to manage them on the computer. That includes deleting any of the photos.

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use the computer using the iTunes program. The iPhone connects to the computer. I can not seem to get to be able to delete the duplicated, mixed up folders using the computer as I did when the iPhone was running 9.0. Does anyone know how to delete said folders? The iPhone will not delete the folders. The computer using iTunes will not show the folders after the latest iTunes update.

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I will have to do that. Once you transfer photos to your computer and back again, they become unable to delete or edit. You can make a copy and edit that copy but to clean up photos on the iPhone no longer needed takes another hook up to a computer. Ridiculous IMO

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine has done the same thing and I did not create them on any android phone. I have a folder on my mac that has sub folders of pics I installed on my 6s Plus and when I updated now I have duplicate named sub folders with a mix of all pics, nothing matching the names of the folders LOL. I would like to know why ti did this too??

Gearheadaddy

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I emailed Apple with a detailed description of the hat happened. If we all let Apple know, maybe they will have a fix. Very messy as it is. Every update does this.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73