TL;DR I have a iPhone 6S Plus

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If it is, it is negligable

How can you tell? I get 11? to 12 hours usage time with my 6s Plus (Samsung chip) with a decent signal. Something is holding your battery life down. Maybe it's something else. 2 hours or so difference between yours and mine is substantial. Is that about average for you?

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
How can you tell? I get 11? to 12 hours usage time with my 6s Plus (Samsung chip) with a decent signal. Something is holding your battery life down. Maybe it's something else. 2 hours or so difference between yours and mine is substantial. Is that about average for you?

Are you inferring we all should be getting the same usage as you although we use our devices completely different? I get approx 6-7 usage hours between charges which is great to me for what I do and how I use my device.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you inferring we all should be getting the same usage as you although we use our devices completely different? I get approx 6-7 usage hours between charges which is great to me for what I do and how I use my device.

No, usage will vary depending on what an individual does on their phone. I was just suggesting he might do better with a better signal. Like I said, it might be other factors.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No, usage will vary depending on what an individual does on their phone. I was just suggesting he might do better with a better signal. Like I said, it might be other factors.

You can't force a phone to have a better signal anyways. I use GPS navigation, spotify, and a lot of feedly, and Web browsing.

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If I recall correctly you were reluctant to get a larger phone. So I have two questions:

1) What made you change your mind?
2) How are you adjusting to the size? Is it as bad as you thought it would be?

(technically three questions, but two are related)

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Originally Posted by A895<br />
This thing is ridiculously fast. It is not even funny. I don't think I have owned a phone this fast in my life and to top it all off I can type faster than I ever have before on this phone too. Just amazing. I almost go a Droid Maxx 2 or a S6, but I need the best phone to last a couple years and this phone is just that.
<br />
Are you typing one handed or two handed? Reason I ask is because while I like larger phones in general, they are harder to type one handed.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If I recall correctly you were reluctant to get a larger phone. So I have two questions:

1) What made you change your mind?
2) How are you adjusting to the size? Is it as bad as you thought it would be?

(technically three questions, but two are related)

Battery life is what made me change my mind. And the size is considerable but livable. The phone is wide.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm fighting between the 6s Plus and 6s right now, too. I love the one handed use of the 6s, but I also feel like I'm missing out on the battery life and slightly better screen of the Plus. But man, it's so convenient to just be able to pull your phone out and do some quick work on it with one hand. I'm not a large dude, and I had some considerable trouble with things like that on the 6 Plus. But I also love not having to worry about battery life at all. Decisions!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm fighting between the 6s Plus and 6s right now, too. I love the one handed use of the 6s, but I also feel like I'm missing out on the battery life and slightly better screen of the Plus. But man, it's so convenient to just be able to pull your phone out and do some quick work on it with one hand. I'm not a large dude, and I had some considerable trouble with things like that on the 6 Plus. But I also love not having to worry about battery life at all. Decisions!

Battery life won't make much difference between the two. Screen size, however, will. I love the 5.5" screen. And it's not that bad using and pocketing. Fits all my pockets real well.

chasvs

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago. When Verizon refused to carry the new Windows Phones I figured I'd use the next year to see how I liked the 6s+. I hope to get a Surface Phone next year if the rumors are true and VZW carries it! Until then I'm liking the 6s+ and who knows, maybe I don't ever go back!

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I did the same thing about 3 weeks ago. When Verizon refused to carry the new Windows Phones I figured I'd use the next year to see how I liked the 6s+. I hope to get a Surface Phone next year if the rumors are true and VZW carries it! Until then I'm liking the 6s+ and who knows, maybe I don't ever go back!

The surface phone is a rumor of a rumor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro