iPhone 6s Plus vs. 6S? Which should I get?

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I know I am posting this in the 6S plus thread so I am sure the results will be skewed in favour of the 6S plus, but I am leaning towards the 6S plus anyways. Just wanted to get some more opinions from people who have used the devices.

My main drawing point is the nice big screen to watch movies, play games, and read on. The battery life will be amazing too!

A couple concerns for me are that it will be hard to use one-handed without thinking about the usage like I currently do (I have an iPhone 5 right now). With my iPhone 5 I get the phone out of my pocket and one handed open it and reply to texts and check the browser and back in the pocket without even thinking of using my other hand...is this possible with the 6S plus, if not is it manageable enough that it doesn't matter?

I also workout consistently with my iPhone...I use it on runs and vigorous workouts. In my pocket again the small phone size works well and doesn't ever come into play. With the larger Plus phone, how is it to workout with and go for runs with for anyone who does that?

Other than those two things I feel like the 6S Plus is the right choice for me, but the working out can be a major factor. Oh I also have a FlipBelt and I heard they can fit the 6 Plus and seems like that should work decently well.

Please any advice would be great :D

Nabkawe5

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I think one handed use is possible in the ip6sp using the reachability feature along with swiftkey and a back ring, and ios9 is full of swipes and gestures to skip having to click the top corners.

I use a thin silicon cover and attached a very elegant looking ring that twists 360 degrees but needs a lot of force to do so, you may ask why? It's because it doubles as an amazing stand for multiple angles. I highly recommend the plus and I think 4.7 is too small by any standard.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
one handed use is all going to depend on your hand size.. Some can and some can't.. I'm right in the middle. I can use one hand but its a stretch when trying to swipe, but for mostly everything else one hand works

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I use one hand easy on 6s+ but I've got big hands. The 6s itself is actually pretty big IMO. Really try them both and see what is more comfortable for you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Some have no issues using the 6s Plus one handed, while others do. And it's not always about hand size. Goes both ways. I'm a two hander. I used 2 hands with my iPhone 4. LOL

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I also workout consistently with my iPhone...I use it on runs and vigorous workouts. In my pocket again the small phone size works well and doesn't ever come into play. With the larger Plus phone, how is it to workout with and go for runs with for anyone who does that?

The main reason I switched from a 6s Plus to a 6s was the size issue when jogging and working out. I carry my iPhone when I jog and I pocket it when I work out and the 6s Plus is just too big (and heavy for that matter) for both of those activities. I also hated the springboard landscape screen rotation but that was a secondary factor (and yes I know that can be locked in portrait via the control center but then I have to unlock when I want to watch a landscape video and I got tired of managing that). The screen size is amazing and the battery life is better than the 6s but those perks were not enough for me to deal with the size issue.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Seriously. Buy both and use them interchangeably for a week and a half. Figure out which one you miss while using the other and which one brings you the most joy/comfort. Then return the other.

It's really the only way to make a solid choice and not leave you wondering about the one you didn't get.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 6S Plus!! Most of my family has the 6 so I got a feel for the size of that one and yes it feels MUCH bigger than my 5, and would work well with my workouts but overall I think the bigger size will suit me better!!

Now time to look for cases/skins...any suggestions? I was looking at a DBrand Matte Black or a Wood skin, torn between the two, and was thinking of a nice clear case to go over to fully protect it! Any suggestions?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 6S Plus!! Most of my family has the 6 so I got a feel for the size of that one and yes it feels MUCH bigger than my 5, and would work well with my workouts but overall I think the bigger size will suit me better!!

Now time to look for cases/skins...any suggestions? I was looking at a DBrand Matte Black or a Wood skin, torn between the two, and was thinking of a nice clear case to go over to fully protect it! Any suggestions?

Congrats! We have a bunch of really great threads discussing case options for your phone. Here's a popular one: What case are you using for your iPhone 6 and 6 Plus?
http://forums.imore.com/showthread.php?t=309596
FYI I have a saddle brown Apple leather case for my 6s Plus.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Cool, that's what I got. My eyes thank me daily. I currently use the Otterbox Commuter. But I also have the black Apple leather case.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I had the 6 and upgraded to the 6s Plus. While I love everything about the Plus (battery, OIS camera), I think I'd prefer the slightly smaller footprint of the 6s. I'm not quite willing to change though. And that means the 7 will be my next phone.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
A couple concerns for me are that it will be hard to use one-handed without thinking about the usage like I currently do (I have an iPhone 5 right now). With my iPhone 5 I get the phone out of my pocket and one handed open it and reply to texts and check the browser and back in the pocket without even thinking of using my other hand...is this possible with the 6S plus, if not is it manageable enough that it doesn't matter?

You have 14 days to decide whether or not the device is right for you. Get the Plus and use those 14 days to find out whether or not you can live with the size.

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am currently using the 6s+ but will be switching out to the 6s soon. The deal breaker for me being is I am on the move now more than ever and the weight and size of the 6s+ is something I am trying to get used to but it's gets in the way more than ever. I have my Mac at home when I want to browse and such.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
As much as I am enjoying my 6s Plus this year, I still feel the same as last year.

The 6s is a little too small (screen size) and the Plus is a little too big (body size).

Increase the screen to meet closer to the edges on the 6s, and pull the bezels down on the Plus while keeping the screen the same and you've got two wins.

If the bezels MUST stay the way they are, and they offered a 5.1" or 5.2" iPhone, that's what I'd be using right now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711