Is this even normal?

I

iMore Question

Guys,I'm very frustrated.It's just come to my attention that my iPhone 6s Plus's camera rattles a little bit.So basically when I tap on the back of the phone near the camera especially under it,it'll rattle a lil bit.It'll also rattle when I'm taking a video for instance and I shake the phone.God,that's the first 6th gem iPhone I've ever had.I don't even know...I'm just on the verge of a mental breakdown.Help me!Is this even normal?Thanks in advance!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Guys,I'm very frustrated.It's just come to my attention that my iPhone 6s Plus's camera rattles a little bit.So basically when I tap on the back of the phone near the camera especially under it,it'll rattle a lil bit.It'll also rattle when I'm taking a video for instance and I shake the phone.God,that's the first 6th gem iPhone I've ever had.I don't even know...I'm just on the verge of a mental breakdown.Help me!Is this even normal?Thanks in advance!

Welcome to iMore! I don't think a little rattle on the camera is worth having a mental breakdown. There are moving parts in there. This is normal. It takes beautiful pictures and videos in spite of the rattle.

Enjoy your 6s Plus. It's a great phone! :)

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
The camera should not be rattling, despite what some of the gentlemen may state. I have owned/own 3 iPhone 6 Plus devices, one iPhone 6, and two iPhone 6s Plus devices and none of them have a rattling camera. While true that there are moving parts in there (Plus series phones specifically because of OIS), it should hardly be audible, and definitely not sound like rattling.

Sooks

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The rattle is normal....... with the camera off, there will be a little rattle... with it on there should be no rattle... this is the OIS in the camera.. every phone I have had with OIS has the same rattle.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The camera should not be rattling, despite what some of the gentlemen may state. I have owned/own 3 iPhone 6 Plus devices, one iPhone 6, and two iPhone 6s Plus devices and none of them have a rattling camera. While true that there are moving parts in there (Plus series phones specifically because of OIS), it should hardly be audible, and definitely not sound like rattling.

We have a 6s and a 6s Plus and they both make a slight rattling noise if I shake them next to my ear. My 6 Plus makes the same noise. A colleague of mine tested his out and heard a slight rattling noise. It isn't loud by any means, but it's definitely there. All of the phones work just fine despite the rattling.
If you Google "iPhone rattling noise" it's actually quite common.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I'm sure the rattle you're hearing is just the accelerometer for screen rotation etc....like I said, I could be wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711