Apple Care+ should I buy it or not?

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I have couple days left and I dunno, should I buy Apple Care+ for iPhone 6s Plus? Any one has it and use it? Expierence with it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you get Apple Care + or one of the numerous other insurance offers for your device. Accidents happen and it's helpful to the wallet to have to pay a fraction of the cost to replace a damaged device than to pay the entire amount again, in my opinion. I have Apple Care + for my iPhone and have no worries if it ever gets damaged.

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
For two years it cost me ?109 plus if something happen I have to pay fee ?79. They most situations fix the device or repleace with refurbishment?

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Comes out to about $5.80 a month for 2 years. If that's worth the peace of mind it brings, then yes.

Just remember that insurance of any kind is offered because it brings the issuing company profit.

The $5-$6 a month brings you a guaranteed 24 months of telephone support and confidence should you drop the phone.

I'm always torn about buying it. Last year I broke down and bought it. This year I'm not so sure at $129 plus tax.

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
agree with, " buy one or the other" Apple Care or Square trade, for myself have bought square trade for 8 phones, had to use it for one of the kids and two of the wifes, well worth it.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
I always pick up apple care bc $80 for a replacement phone if mine gets broke is a lot better than $199 deductible through Verizon. Though I also carry the cheapest Verizon insurance bc Apple Care doesn't cover lost and stolen

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you can afford it, buy it. It's great piece of mind if nothing else. I have it for my MacBook Pro (and I've used it) and I have it on my 6s Plus.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I shattered my 5s. Walked into Apple and got a replacement just 90 minutes later. I'd say it's worth it.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
You might look at Squaretrade as well. They have 1,2 or 3 year plans and also let you take it to an Apple Store for services.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I think it's worth getting some kind of insurance as the phone will cost a bit to repair or replace and phones have become so important to our daily life. Apple card plus is expensive but definitely worth it. I bought my 6S + on launch day and then just closes my eyes on bought the apple care plus.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Not if you live in an EU country, there's no point. In France for instance, according to French consumer law, you're covered for an additional 2yrs from the date of purchase of any Apple hardware. In the UK it's an additional 6yrs from delivery/purchase date. Other EU or European nations' consumer laws may vary but you still get extra coverage regardless, rendering AppleCare virtually unnecessary.

Last edited:

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Not if you live in an EU country, there's no point. In France for instance, according to French consumer law, you're covered for an additional 2yrs from the date of purchase of any Apple hardware. In the UK it's an additional 6yrs from delivery/purchase date. Other EU or European nations' consumer laws may vary but you still get extra coverage regardless, rendering AppleCare virtually unnecessary.

Well apple care is for accidental damage. Warranties only cover manufacturing defects. If you drop your phone and break the screen or it gets water damage your warranty won't cover you but apple care will.

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Well apple care is for accidental damage. Warranties only cover manufacturing defects. If you drop your phone and break the screen or it gets water damage your warranty won't cover you but apple care will.

True, though one would still have to pay a deductible with accidentals so it's not exactly a free replacement. I suppose I'm just careful when it comes to such possessions.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I didn't. If there is a manufacturing defect, I can always have Apple replace it via the 1 year warranty that all US manufacturers provide. Otherwise, I just get it replaced via Asurion. There is a replacement fee, but it is cheaper than getting the Apple Care+.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't. If there is a manufacturing defect, I can always have Apple replace it via the 1 year warranty that all US manufacturers provide. Otherwise, I just get it replaced via Asurion. There is a replacement fee, but it is cheaper than getting the Apple Care+.

Are you sure about that? I thought asurion was more of a deductible and like $15 a month

AugustVance

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually purchase AppleCare+ for my iPhone. This year I decided it just wasn't worth it.

I upgrade yearly, and have only had to replace an iPhone a few times (perks of having a young one)!

I am with T-Mobile now and with their mandatory $10 jump fee they charge it already includes insurance in it as well. Also, with apples 1 year warranty on defects I should be good.

Also the price of apple care + going up to $129 up front and $99 deductible was also a deciding factor in my decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711