Apple Care+ should I buy it or not?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a monthly fee, but also a one time payment. I had to replace a phone and it cost $50. The monthly fee is to Verizon (my carrier).

Right the monthly fee over two years is more than the $129 and to the best of my knowledge is like $200 deductible for an iPhone.

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Right the monthly fee over two years is more than the $129 and to the best of my knowledge is like $200 deductible for an iPhone.

I pay $5.18/month (I don't have "Total Care", just "Wireless Protection"). That is $124.32 over a two year period.

Actually, I just did some research. Square Trade is $4.18/month with a $50 damage deductible. Over a two year period that is $100. There is no loss or stolen deductible.

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971264

You have a good point with that deductible though. That is just for iPhones though. Android, Windows, and Blackberry don't have such a huge deductible.

Hmmm...

Last edited:

anon(7901790)

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
So I decided to dump Asurion and get the Apple Care+. I did the research and realized that in the worst case scenario it Apple Care+ is the better long term deal. Like Haalcyon says...stuff happens.

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have had several Apple Devices, but have never bought Apple Care, or any insurance plan from the mobile provider. A one-year warranty is already provided and my credit card provider doubles that.

I'm not sure how many people know this, and certainly the mobile providers will never tell you about it, but many credit card companies like MasterCard and Visa provide an extended warranty on devices purchased with the card.

Of course, nothing is as convenient and all-encompassing as Apple Care, but I don't want to pay them an extra $100 or more per device. I decided that I can afford a replacement if a device conks out on me once in a while.

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I understand your logic. Did you know however, if you get a new phone you can transfer your apple care to that phone? Or if you have not used the apple care within the year you can cancel your warranty and they will prorate it for you. Thats what makes it a no brainer for me to purchase it every time. Just throwing out some more info :)

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had several Apple Devices, but have never bought Apple Care, or any insurance plan from the mobile provider. A one-year warranty is already provided and my credit card provider doubles that.

I'm not sure how many people know this, and certainly the mobile providers will never tell you about it, but many credit card companies like MasterCard and Visa provide an extended warranty on devices purchased with the card.

Of course, nothing is as convenient and all-encompassing as Apple Care, but I don't want to pay them an extra $100 or more per device. I decided that I can afford a replacement if a device conks out on me once in a while.

AC makes complete sense to me knowing I get a partial refund if I rid of the device before the coverage period is up. Also, the accidental incidents are reassuring, nice to know that if by chance an accident happens I am not out $1200 and can get a replacement for $129.

DevinNJ

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a $750 phone, before taxes, I don't worry about losing it, or getting stolen as much as it getting broken. The cost of AppleCare and the deductible is way cheaper than buying a replacement phone. Why not? Carrier insurance nope, I'd much rather be able to go to Apple and get a brand-new replacement as opposed to some shoddy refurbished phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods