Differences in camera quality?

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been wanting to know this for awhile because I've noticed it in previous iPhones but I've really noticed it more this time around. I received my 64 gb rose gold 6s plus on the 29th of September and I have a friend that got his 64 gb space grey 6s earlier this month. I'm noticing his camera quality is better,like my photos are blurry ish and don't take good photos in lighter situations like when you're out in the sun & things like that or near actual lamp lights. His camera handles the different tones better and his pictures come out a lot clearer yet we have the same phone? I'm a little lost. I feel like the more I have an iPhone the more the quality of my camera suffers. Could just be me but just wondering if others have experienced the same thing. And if so,how to fix it.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
you are saying you have the 6S Plus and he has the 6S, your phone's camera should be better since the 6S Plus has OIS and the 6S doesn't. Please make sure that your lens is free of any dust by cleaning it gently with a lint free cloth.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Both the 6s and 6s Plus take fantastic pics, but your 6s Plus should be slightly better in certain situation because of OIS -- low light and video first and foremost. Make sure you don't have a filter set on (they are built-in to the camera app) and it's also possible that you have a defective lens unit if all your pics are blurry and you've done some of the basic troubleshooting suggested here

Bold9780_white

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Are you viewing it on your mobile? I noticed that pictures are quite blurry compred to the 6s as it is being viewed in a bigger screen compared to the 6s. I am too sometimes gets this blurry shots.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
you are saying you have the 6S Plus and he has the 6S, your phone's camera should be better since the 6S Plus has OIS and the 6S doesn't. Please make sure that your lens is free of any dust by cleaning it gently with a lint free cloth.

Yikes I actually meant he has the 6s plus as well,I didn't realize the typo until now >_< but I will check my lens and clean it. thanks for the tip

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Both the 6s and 6s Plus take fantastic pics, but your 6s Plus should be slightly better in certain situation because of OIS -- low light and video first and foremost. Make sure you don't have a filter set on (they are built-in to the camera app) and it's also possible that you have a defective lens unit if all your pics are blurry and you've done some of the basic troubleshooting suggested here

I actually meant to say that he has the 6s plus as well,I made a typo but I'm not using any filters I never really use those lol but my photos aren't blurry they're just kinda...it's hard to explain. in certain lighting there's like beams that come off the light or something. I just notice something different when I put his camera up to mine.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
but I'm not using any filters I never really use those lol

I understand, and most people I know do not use them either -- but I have seen more than once them accidentally turned on in the camera.app and the user complain of pic quality not realizing they had a filter affecting quality. Just a thought... and as far as the "beams of light" you are seeing, I get that effect when for example the sun is in the frame and I assume there is some lens reflecting going on, but it is note-worthy that you are not seeing the same thing with the same model iPhone looking at the same setting.. not sure what to say...