Reported versus real battery capacity

netnative

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
You may have seen the photos of the iPhone 6s Plus' battery showing its capacity to be 2750 mAh. However, is that the actual capacity of the battery in your iPhone?

I recently installed the Battery Health app and discovered that the battery capacity reported by the system is not 2750 mAh but 2725 mAh and that battery in my device has already degraded to a capacity of 2700 mAh --or 50 mAh less than the capacity that the battery was designed to have.

Coincidentally, the Geekbench 3 Battery Test reported a lower than expected 5:43:20 Battery Runtime and 3433 Battery Score. The expected Geekbench Battery Test results for an iPhone 6s Plus with a Samsung processor are a Runtime of 6:05:20 and a Score of 3653.

Despite the above disparities, the battery passed the Apple remote diagnostics. That means that my device will not be repaired or replaced.

If you have an iPhone 6s Plus and install Battery Health, please post your results here. (Perhaps I should state that I do not benefit, financially or otherwise, from any purchases of Battery Health.)

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You are kidding right? I mean you are talking one to two percent here. This falls well within battery and testing variability. Of course Apple won't declare this defective because it isn't.

First off, run this battery test ten times and report the variability of the test results. If it reports the same result, I would really question the validity of the test. As no gage or test repeats results exactly. When you have that variability, then you know the plus and minus accuracy of the test.

Next no two components will ever measure the same in all dimensions or factors. Take ten brand new batteries and they won't have identical capacities. If you had any manufacturing experience you would know the quoted numbers are an average. Some battery will show slightly above, some slightly below, and occasionally one will hit the average dead on.

If your battery capacity new showed 2300 then I would predict Apple might consider replacement. But 25 or 50 drop is in no way defective. How many cycles have run on this battery already?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2