How to know the type of chip?( Tsmc or samsung)

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I didn't wanna check, but I eventually did. I have a Sammy.
But did I cry? Goodness, no. I just kept walking along, singing my song.
feb1a7d5fd0b0987fa2594d55f6e177b.jpg

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There is no way to tell what chip you have before you buy it. You have to buy the phone then activate it and then find it.

TBH...this chipmate issue needs stop. I have had both samsung chip and tsmc chip and from my experience both had same battery life of over 15 hours of Usage (not the Standby time). Plus I don't notice any issue with performance and both chip works just fine.
This one is with Samsung Chip.
IMG_0096.jpgIMG_0097.jpg

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
There is no way to tell what chip you have before you buy it. You have to buy the phone then activate it and then find it.

TBH...this chipmate issue needs stop. I have had both samsung chip and tsmc chip and from my experience both had same battery life of over 15 hours of Usage (not the Standby time). Plus I don't notice any issue with performance and both chip works just fine.
This one is with Samsung Chip.
View attachment 98289View attachment 98290

Impressive battery life...Are you on Wifi all the time?

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I rely on wifi heavily as I have a 3 GB shared data plan and have 3 lines. I only use LTE when I don't have wifi available and when I really need to use it.

starsmoon8a

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I rely on wifi heavily as I have a 3 GB shared data plan and have 3 lines. I only use LTE when I don't have wifi available and when I really need to use it.

Mind to share the following setting :-
1) Do you turn off your background app refresh?
2) Location Services?
3) Always connected to Apple Watch?
4) Do you turn off siri suggestion?

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Mind to share the following setting :-
1) Do you turn off your background app refresh?
2) Location Services?
3) Always connected to Apple Watch?
4) Do you turn off siri suggestion?

Sure.

1. I do have background app refresh off, but only have a few turned on (deliveries App)
2. Yes I do use location services.
3. Yes it's always connected to my apple watch 24/7
4. No. I have it turned on.

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Whole chip issue is nonsense. No way to know how any given chip will perform. Manufacturing variation even with same chip will vary by 3%. On top of that the much higher power consumption screen and radio chips also vary from phone to phone. As will any given battery vary from phone to phone.

Just use the phone and if you have real issues take it in to Apple to check it out. Don't induce Apple to change their liberal exchange policy because of your abuse by changing out phones till you get that imaginary unicorn chipped phone.

6s Plus Wi-Fi AirPort Extreme 400Mbps, cable internet 125Mbps. Screen on continuous time 20%, Siri on, most system locations off, Wi-Fi calling on, cellular off. Streaming movies and tv shows, surfing net. GPS on,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Wow..on ur battery screen, mind to share the background activity time?

The only ones that do harm are Facebook, stock Mail, and TapaTalk. Usually when I check they've been in the background 1 to 3 hours. Varies. I didn't catch it with that shot. I haven't done a test in a week or so.
This is now. You see the ones doing background time. I'm only at 84%.
70b2469dd9f6db49363c4fcf412747f7.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh