My iPhone 6s Plus screen cracked because I accidentally dropped my iPad Mini on it

thomas hayes2

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I had my iPhone 6 Plus on the night stand and was using my Ipad mini.

For some reason I lost control of my iPad and it tumbled from my hands to the night stand a hits the iPhone 6s Plus screen directly on the screen right where the home button is.

Screen is cracked, TouchID no longer works and the button itself gets really warm if phone is on even for a few minutes.

I do not have AppleCare plus. It's 30 days old today.

Off to the Genius Bar today to confess that I am not a genius.

thomas hayes2

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Needed a replacement screen. Since home button was damaged too they offered to swap it out for $129.

I said I'd have to come back, so I have an appointment tomorrow to pay and do it.

Doing it tomorrow. But definitely my fault.

Ticojpunk

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus screen cracked because I accidentally dropped my iPad Mini ...

Yeah. The price is right for sure. I'm sure you'll be triple careful from here on out.

I once dropped my Android on my MacBook Pro and dented it right to the right of the trackpad. The Android was fine. The dent on my MBP ticked me off pretty bad. I was on a Google Hangout with a friend at the time and he just laughed at me.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Needed a replacement screen. Since home button was damaged too they offered to swap it out for $129.

I said I'd have to come back, so I have an appointment tomorrow to pay and do it.

Doing it tomorrow. But definitely my fault.

It's great that you had that option available to you. $130 to replace an iPhone 6 Plus is a steal considering its true replacement cost.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6s Plus screen cracked because I accidentally dropped my iPad Mini ...

What kind of luck do you have to break your iPhone with your iPad?

Glad the cost to fix is reasonable though!

thomas hayes2

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Went back today.

Actually it would have cost $149.

I bought AppleCare and had the phone swapped out for $99. (they wanted to replace the screen but I had time pressures.)

Now I think I got the wrong model back from them (I bought a sim-free completely unlocked phone, and this one asked to lcok to a carier. The lady at the store assured me it was fine, but I'm going to escalate it with phone support - I think this phone is locked.)

At least I have a working phone and the chance to break it one more time under warranty.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Went back today.

Actually it would have cost $149.

I bought AppleCare and had the phone swapped out for $99. (they wanted to replace the screen but I had time pressures.)

Now I think I got the wrong model back from them (I bought a sim-free completely unlocked phone, and this one asked to lcok to a carier. The lady at the store assured me it was fine, but I'm going to escalate it with phone support - I think this phone is locked.)

At least I have a working phone and the chance to break it one more time under warranty.

Definitely escalate through phone support. Just because you selected a carrier doesn't mean that it's locked to that carrier but it doesn't hurt to be 100% sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro