IOS 9.1 - No notification sounds with bluetooth on, why?

I

iMore Question

IOS 9.1 - No notification sounds with bluetooth on.

Just wondered if you knew anything about the ?bug? which means l don?t get any notification sounds on my iPhone 6s plus running IOS 9.1 if l have bluetooth turned on. I need it on as l have an apple watch. If l have bluetooth off all sounds come thru on my iphone. If i turn it on l don?t get any sounds. Any ideas?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
IOS 9.1 - No notification sounds with bluetooth on.

Welcome to iMore! I always keep Bluetooth on and haven't experienced this issue. Is there possibly another device hogging your phone's audio? You can check under Settings > Bluetooth to see what devices are currently connected to your iPhone. If you don't see anything then try performing a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo. If that doesn't work then restoring your device might be in order.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: IOS 9.1 - No notification sounds with bluetooth on.

Just wondered if you knew anything about the “bug” which means l don’t get any notification sounds on my iPhone 6s plus running IOS 9.1 if l have bluetooth turned on. I need it on as l have an apple watch. If l have bluetooth off all sounds come thru on my iphone. If i turn it on l don’t get any sounds. Any ideas?

I would reset settings to factory before trying anything else , also do you have the mute switch turned on by chance ?

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: IOS 9.1 - No notification sounds with bluetooth on.

Sounds like something is taking the phone's audio, even if its not playing it audibly. I have the same issue when I am in my car. My iPhone connects to my car's bluetooth, and I have to have my radio switched to bluetooth in order to hear the sound. If I don't have the radio on bluetooth, I don't hear the audio at all but the phone continues to send audio that way.

leilajake

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I have an Apple watch so need bluetooth on. It gets sounds etc but not the phone. Minute l turn bluetooth off on my iPhone then l get all sounds. My mother also has an iPhone 6 Plus. She was complaining of the same thing today, no sounds. She has bluetooth on so when she goes to her car it connects. Its not connected to anything at the moment but just having bluetooth "toggle" on blocks sounds. Turn the toggle off and hey presto sounds come thru...!!
Have seen that lots of people have mentioned the issue. Seems to be an issues sine ios 9.xxx. Hope that it will be fixed soon!.
Thanks for all the replies.
Cheers
Leilajake

dkeven

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
same problem here while connected to truck bluetooth no notifications from phone, truck shows texts fortunately. But all phone sounds attempt through bluetooth and only the text will play through truck. Way to toggle other notifications to not use bluetooth?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an Apple watch so need bluetooth on. It gets sounds etc but not the phone. Minute l turn bluetooth off on my iPhone then l get all sounds. My mother also has an iPhone 6 Plus. She was complaining of the same thing today, no sounds. She has bluetooth on so when she goes to her car it connects. Its not connected to anything at the moment but just having bluetooth "toggle" on blocks sounds. Turn the toggle off and hey presto sounds come thru...!!
Have seen that lots of people have mentioned the issue. Seems to be an issues sine ios 9.xxx. Hope that it will be fixed soon!.
Thanks for all the replies.
Cheers
Leilajake

ya sounds and vibrate go to the watch when the phone is locked and screen is off .. thats the way it was designed. try taking you watch off your wrist dont disconnect bluetooth or anything the watch should lock then the phone itself should make sounds and not the watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73