MMS issue (kinda)

stiffeon

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
This may be more of a iOS 9 issue but since I just got my iPhone 6s Plus last week I figured I would post here.

The "problem": When I send pictures or videos to iPhone and/or Android users about half the time the first send fails almost immediately giving me the red delivery failed message. I then click to retry and 100% of the time it then works and gets delivered. It's not a huge problem because I just have to hit the retry button and it always works after that, but beings I can't figure out why this is happening or how to fix it it is driving me nuts. I've googled and search everywhere, I've checked phone settings, and I'm not sure what causes that initial fail to send. Anyone else experience this and know how to fix it?

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have had this happen every now and again when sending photos to Android phones. I think it may have to do with the time it takes the phone to convert the pic to 1200kb. If you hit send too quickly before the photo has been downsized to accommodate MMS size limits, I think you get the immediate failure, but resending causes it to work because the media has been downsized at that point.

The only reason I suggest this as the cause is my old HTC One M8 would actually give me a progress bar showing the photo being dumbed down for the 1200kb MMS size limit. I don't think the iPhone shows that process, which can cause you to send a message before it is dumbed down in size.

Waiting a second more seems to have resolved that problem for me.

I don't know 100% if this is the cause and solution, but it can be worth a try.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had this happen every now and again when sending photos to Android phones. I think it may have to do with the time it takes the phone to convert the pic to 1200kb. If you hit send too quickly before the photo has been downsized to accommodate MMS size limits, I think you get the immediate failure, but resending causes it to work because the media has been downsized at that point.

The only reason I suggest this as the cause is my old HTC One M8 would actually give me a progress bar showing the photo being dumbed down for the 1200kb MMS size limit. I don't think the iPhone shows that process, which can cause you to send a message before it is dumbed down in size.

I've been seeing that too. Does the same way. I'm hoping Apple fixes it. Not sure if it's the OS or the 6s Plus. Fortunately, I haven't needed to send many images. We can send feedback!
Feedback
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

stiffeon

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site

Your theory is making a lot of sense, thank you. I will try waiting a few seconds longer before sending the images and see what happens. I'm willing to bet that solves it so thanks!

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed the same thing, theres a few other quirks as well that come and go that are pretty annoying. Apparently Apple needs months of updates to get their os's back on point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner