Back to the iPhone

Infernalblaze

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to say hi from a guy that recently took a year away from IOS and just could not stay away. It feels good to be back and this 6s Plus is an amazing phone. One thing I see myself doing is unlocking the phone by accident since the fingerprint reader is so fast. Also I find that coming from Android I keep forgetting that this phone needs actually skin contact. Some times I find myself thinking I'm touching the screen but actually am not lol. Growing pains of coming back.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
One thing I see myself doing is unlocking the phone by accident since the fingerprint reader is so fast.

Welcome home! I have a real love/hate relationship with the responsiveness of the new Touch ID sensor. I'm hoping Apple comes up with a solution.

iphone5s

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome home! I have a real love/hate relationship with the responsiveness of the new Touch ID sensor. I'm hoping Apple comes up with a solution.

Don't look to Apple for a solution. Apple has done a great job on Touch ID. If you find yourself accidentally opening the phone by placing your ID digit [sounds like you use your thumb btw] on the home button then try this.

If you are right handed then use a left hand digit for Touch ID or vice versa. That will eliminate any accidental hits on the sensor.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't look to Apple for a solution. Apple has done a great job on Touch ID. If you find yourself accidentally opening the phone by placing your ID digit [sounds like you use your thumb btw] on the home button then try this.

If you are right handed then use a left hand digit for Touch ID or vice versa. That will eliminate any accidental hits on the sensor.

I'm not discounting the awesome responsiveness of the Touch ID. I understand that I have ten fingers that I can use to wake my phone up, or that I can use the power button instead. I tend to instinctively use one of my thumbs, both of which I have programmed in Touch ID and honestly don't want to have to think about it.
Apple may or may not do something about it in the future. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Also I find that coming from Android I keep forgetting that this phone needs actually skin contact. Some times I find myself thinking I'm touching the screen but actually am not lol. Growing pains of coming back.

Curious what you mean by this? I just came over from Android a couple weeks ago to finally try one out.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Curious what you mean by this? I just came over from Android a couple weeks ago to finally try one out.

I think OP was referring to the gesture controls on some of the Android devices. For instance, waving your hand in front of the screen instead of actually touching the screen with your finger.

Infernalblaze

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

Well what I found a lot with Android well the Samsung that I used was that you didn't necessarily need actual "skin" touching, if that makes sense. Pretty much how I could of used my note 4 with gloves on but can't with Apple. Im not complaining just mentioning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR