iPhone 6s Plus vs. 6 Plus??

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am sure all this has been discussed but I am looking to get a new Plus device. Of course I want the new 6S Plus, and so I went to my rogers website and noticed something interesting and has made me come here to ask you all this question.

Rogers iPhone 6s Plus is $788.99 for the 128gb...now where my tough choice comes in is the 128gb iPhone 6 Plus is only $499.99 on contract. This caught my attention because the 128gb iPhone 6 is $598.99 so the cheaper price for the plus really jumped out at me.

So is the 6S plus worth the additional $300 or is the deal on the 6 Plus too good of a price to pass up? I would love all the upgrades to the 6S plus, but not sure if they are absolutely worth it.

Thought I would get all of your opinions on this matter.

Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello! That's a tough call. The $499.99 deal on the 6 Plus is a steal though. If it were me I would go with that. The 6s Plus is awesome and the performance improvements and 3D Touch are great, but I probably wouldn't pay $300 for them.

Besides, the iPhone 7 is less than a year away at this point :)

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thats exactly what I am thinking about iPhone 7 coming out! I could just keep this in great condition and sell it later and use that to get the new iPhone!

And yeah thats what I am not sure on...obviously having the newest stuff is amazing and thinking about it I feel like I would use the Live Photos always and the 3D touch a lot, but then I bet if I don't get that its not something I will absolutely miss...just hard to pass up on the newest! lol

Although 7 will be redesign and those are always exciting!

More comments lol I have no clue what to do!

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
The 2GB of RAM is a pretty significant upgrade in the 6S Plus. I would recommend getting the newer iPhone. The user experience will be better on the 6S Plus. It may appear marginal in benchmarks, but when you have 20 apps open in the task changer and you can click any of them and have the app be in the same place you left it without needing to be reloaded, you will be thanking that extra Gig of RAM.

Also 3D Touch is really awesome. I already use it to open my camera app depending on whether I am taking a photo, video, or selfie-- it actually is a cognizable difference. Also, when writing this post 3D Touch was awesome for allowing me to push on my keyboard and use the keyboard as a trackpad to edit words I flubbed when typing.

Good luck with your decision. You can't go wrong either way, but I recommend the 6S Plus. If you get the 6S Plus, you will be good to go when the 7S Plus comes put in 2 years.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally always want the latest and greatest, so I would go for the 6s plus, but that's just me. There are many out there who don't care about that. If the price difference is an issue, go with the 6 plus. Both are great devices.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I think that if you are going to upgrade every year than maybe go with the 6plus. But if you are going to hang on to this next iPhone you purchase go with the 6s plus. It has better specs including more ram so I feel it will be a little more future proof.

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend the 6S+ even though the difference in price specially if you will keep the phone for a while. The performance is much better, 3D Touch is useful and not just a gimmick, the camera takes better pictures, the vibrator is silent, twice as fast fingerprint scanner and the 2GB of RAM makes a huge difference as apps stays in memory much much better. It's a noticeably better experience and I'm coming from a 6+.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thats a tough call OP and only you can make that decision. For me upgrading from my 3 month old 6 Plus to my 6s Plus was well worth it and I'm really glad I did.
1).The 2gb of RAM, 2) better cameras, 3). better WiFi, 4).second generation Touch ID, 5).7000 series aluminum, 6).updated Siri (no need to plug in) 7). A9 chip 8).3D Touch 10). Moving photos 11). Moving wallpapers 12) front camera screen flash 13) heptic feedback. 14) overall smoothness and speed 15) extra weight screams quality. ....I think thats about it, but it was worth the upgrade for ME.... ENJOY

LewLew23

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Hello! That's a tough call. The $499.99 deal on the 6 Plus is a steal though. If it were me I would go with that. The 6s Plus is awesome and the performance improvements and 3D Touch are great, but I probably wouldn't pay $300 for them.

Besides, the iPhone 7 is less than a year away at this point :)

I echo this sentiment. If you're thinking about upgrading next year to the 7, then it's almost a no brainer to save the $300 and go ahead and get the 6+. I can't speak for you because everyone is different, but I think you can live without the 3D Touch and Live Photos for 1 year :p

But whatever you do decide to do, don't look back and enjoy your new purchase!

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
The 6s Plus is a HUGE improvement over the 6 Plus with the faster processor, more RAM, etc etc and I wouldn't even consider the 6 Plus at this point

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thats a tough call OP and only you can make that decision. For me upgrading from my 3 month old 6 Plus to my 6s Plus was well worth it and I'm really glad I did.
1).The 2gb of RAM, 2) better cameras, 3). better WiFi, 4).second generation Touch ID, 5).7000 series aluminum, 6).updated Siri (no need to plug in) 7). A9 chip 8).3D Touch 10). Moving photos 11). Moving wallpapers 12) front camera screen flash 13) heptic feedback. 14) overall smoothness and speed 15) extra weight screams quality. ....I think thats about it, but it was worth the upgrade for ME.... ENJOY
It's definitely a personal preference kind of thing because even with all of those new bells and whistles in a list like that, I still don't feel it's worth it to start scouring Craigslist (not upgrade eligible until 9/2016) to broker a 6s Plus deal!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Consider this... what you save getting the 6 Plus, will only be washed away on resale next year if you want to get the 7...

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Consider this... what you save getting the 6 Plus, will only be washed away on resale next year if you want to get the 7...

Yeah that's true if I get the 6s plus I probably wouldn't get the 7 but if I get the 6 I would sell it and get the 7 most likely.

I think I'll get the 6s if it goes on sale. The upgrade is too good lol. Now I'm excited for for the 7 lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was content with my 6 Plus but the more I use my Air 2 and its 2gb of RAM, I can tell the difference between 1 and 2GBs since 9.1

anon(124566)

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree. The 6s series isn't much of an upgrade point if you have the 6 series. The 7 will be the new kid on the block very soon. If your phone is working wonderfully and you don't have an expiration on your upgrade, just wait.