back to ios

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Me personally I gave up the phone swapping every couple months up with the iPhone 5s and have been upgrading to the latest and greatest iPhone release cycle. I have found that not only am I saving a lot of money, I am truly happier with iOS. To each their own, however I am going to stick with iOS for the long term.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
What's odd is the fact that Android phones with massive batteries seem to get way way way less on screen time than iPhones in real world usage, yet there is some ridiculous belief that iPhones have terrible battery life.

Even those little loop video tests all of the websites do usually conclude that Android phones have better battery life, but all of my Android phones in real world usage drained at an exponential rate in comparison to my iPhones. I always had to baby the heck out of my Android phones to make them last the day.

I have 75% of my battery left right now with 12.5 hours of standby time and almost 3 hours of onscreen time (I added up the actual times by looking at the app usage times where I know I was using the screen as opposed to background usage). If I went by the "usage" indicator, my phone has been used for almost 4 hours.

Definitely happy with the return to iOS thus far.

iMessage was also great to get back to. Nobody in my small slice of the world uses Google Hangouts, so iMessage is the only thing I can use to send people full size photos that I take without emailing them.

Dealing with this right now, Im torn between the 6s plus and the Nexus 6p.
The 6p is such a great device but when it comes to battery and in all honesty, the QHD screen doest help, drains pretty quickly when using the phone, I still don't know why we need 2K screens in such a small pack. This past Friday, I hardly used it except to make one phone call and look a couple of things up online and the rest of the day it was in my pocket. Just doing that small bit and sitting and noting else it went from 100 to 85%. If it was 6s+ it would be 100% still if not 99%, the 6s+ battery can't be beat.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Dealing with this right now, Im torn between the 6s plus and the Nexus 6p.
The 6p is such a great device but when it comes to battery and in all honesty, the QHD screen doest help, drains pretty quickly when using the phone, I still don't know why we need 2K screens in such a small pack. This past Friday, I hardly used it except to make one phone call and look a couple of things up online and the rest of the day it was in my pocket. Just doing that small bit and sitting and noting else it went from 100 to 85%. If it was 6s+ it would be 100% still if not 99%, the 6s+ battery can't be beat.

So you had 85% battery life LEFT and you are complaining? If you actually needed to use the phone at whatever point, the battery was still at 85% at the end of the day! Is that a bad thing??

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
So you had 85% battery life LEFT and you are complaining? If you actually needed to use the phone at whatever point, the battery was still at 85% at the end of the day! Is that a bad thing??

I'm in no way complaining. I'm just saying that the iPhone would still be any 100% or even 99% from what little I did. Especially since the Nexus 6p has a larger battery as well.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm in no way complaining. I'm just saying that the iPhone would still be any 100% or even 99% from what little I did. Especially since the Nexus 6p has a larger battery as well.

I definitely get what you are saying. Android software could stand to be better optimized for when devices aren't in use.

matt3166

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I definitely get what you are saying. Android software could stand to be better optimized for when devices aren't in use.

Exactly. Hopefully from what the rumors, Google is going to start being a little more strict like Apple, so maybe they will get it worked out down the road.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77