back to ios

dave3389

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
hey all been away from apple since the 4s, android has been ok for me, but with so many problems i thought it was time to come back home, got the iphone 6s plus 64 gb and everything just works, cant fault the phone for my needs it does everything and more. how is everyone getting on with their iphone ?

dave3389

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
thank you :) not bashing android but i had so many problems in the end, an like i said everything just works loving it so far, and the battery life is amazing

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Love my 6S Plus. So does my wife :) I love being with Apple again even though my last stint with Android only lasted a month lol

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back, I just switched from around 6 years of using Android to my first iOS device last week myself and loving it so far. There's been some adjustment in a few areas but nothing I'd consider bad, just different.

dave3389

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Same it's beaten every android I used for battery can usually go a day without charging. That's rare with handsets in this day and age

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
What's odd is the fact that Android phones with massive batteries seem to get way way way less on screen time than iPhones in real world usage, yet there is some ridiculous belief that iPhones have terrible battery life.

Even those little loop video tests all of the websites do usually conclude that Android phones have better battery life, but all of my Android phones in real world usage drained at an exponential rate in comparison to my iPhones. I always had to baby the heck out of my Android phones to make them last the day.

I have 75% of my battery left right now with 12.5 hours of standby time and almost 3 hours of onscreen time (I added up the actual times by looking at the app usage times where I know I was using the screen as opposed to background usage). If I went by the "usage" indicator, my phone has been used for almost 4 hours.

Definitely happy with the return to iOS thus far.

iMessage was also great to get back to. Nobody in my small slice of the world uses Google Hangouts, so iMessage is the only thing I can use to send people full size photos that I take without emailing them.

dave3389

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah same with me. I message is great however most of my friends use what's app now a days. But you are spot on with what you say about android. My bite 4 battery was bigger than this iPhone one. But yet I'm getting fantastic battery usage. Overall very happy I came back to iOS. Plus this forum is fantastic :D

mr_coldharbour

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back to iOS. One only starts to appreciate something when (a) it's gone, and/or (b) been away from it too long and misses it.

I've switched from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 (it was a great phone, loved it!) to an iPhone 3GS 32GB back in late 2009, then to an iPhone 4S 64GB in 2011, then an iPhone 6 64GB in 2014 and now to an iPhone 6S Plus 128GB about a month and a half ago and it's fantastic. The screen size is excellent, build-quality far far surpasses that of the iPhone 6, 3D Touch is more fun and useful than I had originally thought, and the battery life I've been getting 60–73hrs standby time and over 9hrs of actual usage time on a SINGLE-CHARGE meaning I charge it every 3rd day. It's marvellous!

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
What's odd is the fact that Android phones with massive batteries seem to get way way way less on screen time than iPhones in real world usage, yet there is some ridiculous belief that iPhones have terrible battery life.

That's not true. The iPhone 6/6s plus devices can give the larger battery android devices a run for the money. The non plus iPhone not so much. The iPhone has not really excelled in the battery department over the last few years. Not because of software but because I think Apple used undersized batteries in their devices. I am a Note user but moved to the 6s plus. Without a doubt my Note 3/4/5 will outlast iphone in battery with the exception of the Plus version.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW