Why is my battery draining faster on certain wifi connections?

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 6s Plus battery seems to drain faster on my wifi at home than when I'm on the wifi at my job? I'm using the phone the same at home and at work. Is it something with the wifi network?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How's the signal? If signal is worse at home, your phone could be working harder to maintain a connection.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Signal is roughly the same as when I'm at work. At work there are 5-6 computers also connected to wifi along with 2-3 phones. At home there are usually 2-3 laptops and 3 phones connected. Don't know if that makes a difference. I'll look into the wifi signal here at home. Thanks.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How's your cellular signal at home? it may not be wifi. It may be a weak cellular signal causing it. The signal at my house is horrid so I've noticed that my phone drains faster at home and it's most likely bc my phone is constantly trying to maintain signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
How's your cellular signal at home? it may not be wifi. It may be a weak cellular signal causing it. The signal at my house is horrid so I've noticed that my phone drains faster at home and it's most likely bc my phone is constantly trying to maintain signal.

My cellular signal is actually pretty good at home. I read other forums and posts about how if your wifi router is far away from where you use your phone most, that could be the problem. Might be the case with me, having to travel through some walls and pass the microwave maybe? Or I'm just looking into it too much.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My cellular signal is actually pretty good at home. I read other forums and posts about how if your wifi router is far away from where you use your phone most, that could be the problem. Might be the case with me, having to travel through some walls and pass the microwave maybe? Or I'm just looking into it too much.

Could be. My house is pretty big and when I'm in my room the wifi gets pretty weak. It doesn't help the my cell signal is weak too, so I am sure they both contribute to the faster draining while at home. My battery still lasts a day when I'm at home and using it more than at work, so I don't have much to complain.

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Could be. My house is pretty big and when I'm in my room the wifi gets pretty weak. It doesn't help the my cell signal is weak too, so I am sure they both contribute to the faster draining while at home. My battery still lasts a day when I'm at home and using it more than at work, so I don't have much to complain.

Mine usually last at least 24-36 hours before I end up putting it on the charger. Some days less depending on what is going on. I can't complain much either, it's an amazing phone.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine usually last at least 24-36 hours before I end up putting it on the charger. Some days less depending on what is going on. I can't complain much either, it's an amazing phone.

Yea, I would say 24-36 is fantastic. I don't have the plus and mine goes on the charger every night. Sometimes, I'm only down to 40-50% when I plug it in, but I don't want to worry about charging it during the day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Distance to the router/modem does make a difference. Also metal objects can interfere with the wifi signal. A large refrigerator for example. Even rebar in the walls can interfere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2