Anyone having this screen issue?

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
You're more forgiving that I am! I expect nothing less than flawless when it comes to Apple displays. Call me spoiled, because I am.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

My phone is flawless, but you're right...let me go see if I can find something. BRB...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone is flawless, but you're right...let me go see if I can find something. BRB...

If there's a blemish on the screen it isn't flawless. It would bother me; it wouldn't bother you. No big deal. There's nothing to debate here.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
iPhone to me is like the Ferrari of phones out there. They are so expensive and you should expect it to be flawless (at least on the cosmetic side of it). For some people, it might not be the case but for others who paid their own phone with hard earned money, I'm sure they would feel the same.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this link at MacRumors. It seems like most of the people doesn't have this issue but clearly a couple of them have. It seems that only few unlucky people are having this issue (including me). Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I only replaced my phone twice for this issue then eventually gave up and settled on the second one. I looked at the demos and 80% have it. Both of my replacements have it. The second not as noticeable but it's there. If it bothers you take it to apple and at lease have it documented. Try to replace it and see if your replacement has it. Otherwise it's best to wait it out until this is corrected down the line.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I only replaced my phone twice for this issue then eventually gave up and settled on the second one. I looked at the demos and 80% have it. Both of my replacements have it. The second not as noticeable but it's there. If it bothers you take it to apple and at lease have it documented. Try to replace it and see if your replacement has it. Otherwise it's best to wait it out until this is corrected down the line.

I already did it as mentioned on my initial post when I created this thread. Apple documented the issue and got my replacement. Unfortunately, got the same issue so I decided to check the demo phones at the store and they all have it (at least on all the iPhones I checked).

gurase

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have it. It's faint, I wouldn't have noticed it if not for this thread, and I'll probably forget it's there tomorrow.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I have it. It's faint, I wouldn't have noticed it if not for this thread, and I'll probably forget it's there tomorrow.

I'm trying not to notice it. I scroll up the text on top of my screen when I'm reading. I try to avoid looking at that area of my phone because it annoys me when I see it.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been staring at the picture you posted for a few minutes and I still don't see anything. I'm not trying to belittle your issue, I just don't see it. What am I supposed to be looking for here?

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been staring at the picture you posted for a few minutes and I still don't see anything. I'm not trying to belittle your issue, I just don't see it. What am I supposed to be looking for here?

It's that small soft shadow or uneven lights at the bottom left of the screen where the arrow is pointing. It's small and you hardly notice it. It's only a big deal for those people like me with OCD when it comes to phone. Remember the dead pixel issue on iPhone 3G? I was one of those who got it. I replaced my iPhone right away when I saw that on my phone. Others don't even care but that's ok. I see forums at Apple and Macrumors with this kind of issue but not a lot of people were affected or maybe they see it but just don't care. I paid a premium price on my phone with my hard earned money, I want it flawless (at least on the cosmetic side of it). All my iPhones are in pristine condition. I have all the iPhones except for the very first iPhone released in 2007.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just curious how many would actually see this "issue" if it hadn't been pointed out to you, or you hadn't been shown how to replicate said "issue"?

Maybe only few people would notice it I'm guessing. Anyway, my point in creating this thread is to just find out how many are having this issue. I just want to get a feel of it if it's a nation wide issue or just a small portion of iPhone users. I don't care if it's a small or big thing for some people. This issue clearly exist on some iPhones because there are other forums like MacRumors and Apple that are having the same thread. I'm also talking to some people in Twitter that are from different parts of the world that has the same issue.

I posted it here because I like the iMore community and just want to get feel of how many people are having the same kind of issue in this community. It's been almost 12 hours now since I started this thread and I only found at least 2 or 3 people that have this issue. I can now conclude that not too many people are affected by this. We can now close this thread if you want to. Thanks again for all your feed back! I really appreciate it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe only few people would notice it I'm guessing. Anyway, my point in creating this thread is to just find out how many are having this issue. I just want to get a feel of it if it's a nation wide issue or just a small portion of iPhone users. I don't care if it's a small or big thing for some people. This issue clearly exist on some iPhones because there are other forums like MacRumors and Apple that are having the same thread. I'm also talking to some people in Twitter that are from different parts of the world that has the same issue.

I posted it here because I like the iMore community and just want to get feel of how many people are having the same kind of issue in this community. It's been almost 12 hours now since I started this thread and I only found at least 2 or 3 people that have this issue. I can now conclude that not too many people are affected by this. We can now close this thread if you want to. Thanks again for all your feed back! I really appreciate it.

The question I posed wasn't a shot at you or your thread honestly...it was just a curiosity.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods