SAR Rating

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! I don't have the raw data in front of me but I have read that the iPhone 6s Plus has a slightly better SAR rating from the data published by Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This was literally the first return on a google search for "iPhone 6S SAR"...

RF Exposure

Wow....How did I miss that? I must have searched for something like "iPhone 6s RF exposure."

To me this is a calculated risk. I use my devices having full knowledge that they emit radiation, and it's not going to stop me. Famous last words?

allnighter246

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the PM with the link! As for google, I had been searching using the word SAR and I was only getting articles for last year's model. Funny enough thiough, I had searched Galaxy Note 5 SAR last night and it returned an article with the IPhone 6S Plus SAR rating lol.

I think the jury is still out on cell phone radiation and even if the SAR matters.. but until there is more conclusive information I am trying to reduce my exposure where I can. Most of the new phones seem to have around the same level of SAR ratings (nearing the allowable limits).. I wonder if that's just due to the faster networks?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the PM with the link! As for google, I had been searching using the word SAR and I was only getting articles for last year's model. Funny enough thiough, I had searched Galaxy Note 5 SAR last night and it returned an article with the IPhone 6S Plus SAR rating lol.

I think the jury is still out on cell phone radiation and even if the SAR matters.. but until there is more conclusive information I am trying to reduce my exposure where I can. Most of the new phones seem to have around the same level of SAR ratings (nearing the allowable limits).. I wonder if that's just due to the faster networks?

Anytime! Always happy to help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox