Should I return my 6s plus?

I

iMore Question

Should I return my 6s plus

Hi guys so I bought my phone from Apple last Thursday night (it's Saturday currently) which means I have less than a week to return my phone for a full refund. I upgraded from a 6 and I thought I would love the bigger screen and larger battery which I do, but I still haven't adjusted to the size and weight. I have been coddling my phone for the last week because Iv been afraid of dropping it as it barley fits in any of my pockets and I can't comfortably use it one handed. I thought I would be loving it by now and I'm not 100% sold. My girlfriend has a 6 and I think it's a perfect size and the only thing holding me back is the 6s battery life. I guess I just wanted to hear some different opinions, is anyone else going through the same thought process? I am planning on buying the iPhone 7, I usually sell my phone and upgrade so at the worst il only be stuck with it until this time next year.

Please let me know what you think

gabec2015

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Should I return my 6s plus

Hi just wanted to add something
I am worried that the size of the phone will get in the way of actually using it and enjoying it. Or do you think I will get used to it?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I am sorry to say this but we all make mistakes but you and only you can make the adjustment or not and answer your own question, Whatever you do live with it and own it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Take the iPhone 6S Plus back and exchange it for the iPhone 6S. You're clearly unhappy with its size so why not just swap it out for the size that best suit you?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Take the opportunity to swap your phone out for the one you like. It's not worth being stuck with a less desirable phone for the next year over slightly better battery life. You'll be happy you did it!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site

If your not happy with the device take it back and exchange it for the one you want. You have to keep that device for 1-2 years at least. That's a long time to be stuck with something your not satisfied with.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

gabec2015

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi, yeah I totally agree, I think I worded the question wrong i didn't want you to tell me to keep it or return it, what I really wanted to know was whether anyone else had trouble adjusting to a 6 plus/6s plus?
Cheers

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Hi, yeah I totally agree, I think I worded the question wrong i didn't want you to tell me to keep it or return it, what I really wanted to know was whether anyone else had trouble adjusting to a 6 plus/6s plus?
Cheers

It took me a day or two to adjust to my 6 Plus coming from a 5. The bigger screen just works for me and my wife's 6s just feels tiny.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

evansc22

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

It took me a while to get use to the 6 Plus last year. The battery life is def a huge plus. That being said, I just bought the 6s (not the plus) and have adjusted back to a smaller phone quite nicely. It wasn't until I swapped back that I realized just how ridiculously large the Plus is! LOL.

The battery life on the 6s isn't terrible by any means, and it's much more pocketable and can pretty well be operated one-handed. I'm not sorry I went back to the smaller phone, at least not yet.

Good luck on your decision.

gabec2015

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi everyone quick update went back to the Apple Store yesterday arvo and swapped my 6s plus for the 6s. I'm still getting used to the smaller screen but I'm typing this one handed which wasn't possible before haha. Thanks for all your help.
Ps for anyone that is interested there is quite a significant different in battery life it's 1:00pm and Iv been using my 6s since about 8:00am and I'm on 80% my 6s plus was usually in the low 90%s at this time.
Also there is a notice difference with the lower resolution screen but only by comparison, if I hadn't been recently using/looking at a 6s plus screen I probably wouldn't have noticed.
Cheers

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Hi everyone quick update went back to the Apple Store yesterday arvo and swapped my 6s plus for the 6s. I'm still getting used to the smaller screen but I'm typing this one handed which wasn't possible before haha. Thanks for all your help.
Ps for anyone that is interested there is quite a significant different in battery life it's 1:00pm and Iv been using my 6s since about 8:00am and I'm on 80% my 6s plus was usually in the low 90%s at this time.
Also there is a notice difference with the lower resolution screen but only by comparison, if I hadn't been recently using/looking at a 6s plus screen I probably wouldn't have noticed.
Cheers

+1

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77