Cant decide between 6s or 6s plus

tech_fan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the Note 3 for a year and then went with the Moto X which was about the same size as the 6s. I liked the small form factor and the fact that it could actually fit in my pocket. In the end, I wound up returning the Moto X and went back to my Note 3. The one thing that I noticed was that when texting, I felt cramped. When looking at the screen, I caught myself squinting more often. When I watched Youtube videos or other videos in general, they looked small.

When it came time to move back to Apple, I was torn between the 6 and the 6 plus. When I stacked them on top of each other, the 6 plus was not that much wider or bigger so, i went with the 6 plus, My next phone will be the 6s plus. I won't go down the route of the 6 again. I find myself watching videos and playing video games on my phone a lot more than I realize and having that extra real estate is nice

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I wear slim fitting jeans all the time and the 6+ fits the pockets just fine. Back or front its really not a problem. Of course in the car I usually lay it up on the console or in the passenger seat if I'm alone. I really love it

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I just received my regular 6s yesterday, and I'm also having trouble deciding. I have been using a Plus from last year, so I have kind of gotten used to the Plus size, but if I went to AT&T to exchange it for a 6s Plus, it will probably take a month or two to get one. They are so back ordered. So I don't know either. I have 13 days! lol

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I'm on day-two with my 6s+...and I have to admit I'm getting a little more comfy with the size increase and the decrease in one-handed usability. It still feels heavy in the pocket of my slacks, but not so bad that it makes a big difference. I am seeing the benefits of the larger/clearer screen though, and I have to admit that even now, if I went back to the smaller 6s I might really miss the larger screen.

So...for today, I'm thinking it's a keeper. Tomorrow...?

law2010

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm on day-two with my 6s+...and I have to admit I'm getting a little more comfy with the size increase and the decrease in one-handed usability. It still feels heavy in the pocket of my slacks, but not so bad that it makes a big difference. I am seeing the benefits of the larger/clearer screen though, and I have to admit that even now, if I went back to the smaller 6s I might really miss the larger screen.

So...for today, I'm thinking it's a keeper. Tomorrow...?

Have you decided whether to put a case on it? I found that extremely thin plastic cases make the transition easier. If I had to put one of the Life Proof or Otterbox cases on the Plus, I would downsize to the 6S.

I am not sure how well a thin plastic case will do in the event of dropping my 6S Plus, but I cannot justify much more bulk before the phone is completely unusable one-handed-- and I have large hands.

Keep posting to let us know how you feel about the phone.

I got used to mine pretty quickly. However, when I pick up my HTC One M8 every couple of days, I am shocked at how much smaller and lighter that phone is and people widely regarded it is not being one handed friendly. I can only imagine what people think about the 6S Plus.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Have you decided whether to put a case on it? I found that extremely thin plastic cases make the transition easier. If I had to put one of the Life Proof or Otterbox cases on the Plus, I would downsize to the 6S.

I am not sure how well a thin plastic case will do in the event of dropping my 6S Plus, but I cannot justify much more bulk before the phone is completely unusable one-handed-- and I have large hands.

Keep posting to let us know how you feel about the phone.

I got used to mine pretty quickly. However, when I pick up my HTC One M8 every couple of days, I am shocked at how much smaller and lighter that phone is and people widely regarded it is not being one handed friendly. I can only imagine what people think about the 6S Plus.

Yep. I'm using a black leather Apple case on the 6s+ & also installed a ZAGG Glass screen protector today...whether the screen really needs it or not. I loved the Apple case on my "6"...and the screen protector makes me feel better, and that's what matters. I've not found a case I like even as well as this one, and it really is surprisingly protective if/when the device is dropped from a normal height. I know from past experience.

So, I've invested another $75 or so into a device I might decide to opt out of...but I think subconsciously I may be personalizing it as a justification for keeping it, I don't know. :tongue:

I am getting a bit more used to adjusting my grip to allow some one-handed use...but the iP6+ is NOT a device that is ever going to be as portable or that allows for the same effortless one handed operation as the 6s.

wickedvvayz

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing 3 weeks ago. I went for the 6s plus and the size, picture clarity, 3d touch and battery life etc.are a plus. You will get use to the size after handing it after a week. I am not planning on buying a case and its not hard to handle at all. Excellent for games, gps and my notes, calendar and work apps. I look back at my 6 screen size and say to myself Gee. haha

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was surprised how well the 6s Plus handled and fit my pockets. Even my jeans. And it has an Otterbox Commuter on it. No portability issue at all. I'm very happy I went with the Plus.

Sleepy_ER_Dr

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I previously had an apple iPhone 5s 64gb. Cant wait to upgrade to a 128gb iPhone 6s plus rose gold....whoohoo. I read a lot of pdfs and do a lot of work on my phone. I will also be syncing my different pdfs app with my iPhone, iPad and macbook pro.
:D

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Coming on here isn't going to help you. As everyone has their own opinions and valid justifications. And then half switch over and some switch back. This is the new perpetual question. There is no right or wrong answer.

nnahorski

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Coming on here isn't going to help you. As everyone has their own opinions and valid justifications. And then half switch over and some switch back. This is the new perpetual question. There is no right or wrong answer.

This.

I've switched from the 6S+ to the 6S to the 6S+ until finally settling on the 6S. I'm embarrassed for myself...

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
This.

I've switched from the 6S+ to the 6S to the 6S+ until finally settling on the 6S. I'm embarrassed for myself...

Don't feel bad I did the same thing. I started with the 6s Plus, went to the 6s and realized it was just too small so I finally settled on the 6s Plus and I'm very happy. I even considered getting a Note 5 (for about a second) but decided not too. I've gotten used to the size of the Plus device and couldn't go smaller.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox