Post a list of 3D Touch Enabled Apps!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
3D Touch Enabled Apps!

I hope that's the case. But tbh I thought these would show up within the first couple weeks. Force touch is already been around for like 2 months

How would you want a game to use 3D Touch? Even some non game apps seem to grasp at straws for how to use it. Some are silly. Most are just tapping on the app icon for stuff. Even tapping the music app is kind of dumb. All you get is "play Beats 1 and search. No playlist options.

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
How would you want a game to use 3D Touch? Even some non game apps seem to grasp at straws for how to use it. Some are silly. Most are just tapping on the app icon for stuff. Even tapping the music app is kind of dumb. All you get is "play Beats 1 and search. No playlist options.

Maybe scope in 1st person shooters? Or boost in actual good racing games likes asphalt

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Life360 (Family Locator)
a2194d626424bc2bc4037a4c295c5bed.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Tinder updated today. Shows your last four conversations (not matches in general, last four you've spoken to). Also has in-app peek and pop for messages/matches. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1447309912.923162.jpg

phobos512

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Maybe scope in 1st person shooters? Or boost in actual good racing games likes asphalt

I could see it being very useful in RPGs for looting/attacks/casting/inventory management. Peek into a barrel or a body to see what's in it, maybe pop to grab everything automatically; when attacking peek onto a particular enemy (thinking turn-based here but it could work in real time as well) and choose an attack from the pop-up, same for casting; for inventory management it would be more like you could peek an item to see it's stats or pop in to get a more detailed view? I dunno. Just ideas.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch Enabled Apps!

Yelp, Eat24 and WhatsAppImageUploadedByiMore Forums1447745945.233025.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1447745952.147519.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1447745962.232058.jpg

Edit: whoops, already posted about Yelp and eat24. I think they were edited for peek and pop inside the app though!

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I could see it being very useful in RPGs for looting/attacks/casting/inventory management. Peek into a barrel or a body to see what's in it, maybe pop to grab everything automatically; when attacking peek onto a particular enemy (thinking turn-based here but it could work in real time as well) and choose an attack from the pop-up, same for casting; for inventory management it would be more like you could peek an item to see it's stats or pop in to get a more detailed view? I dunno. Just ideas.

And I found this on the App Store today.

Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade by Pixel Toys
https://appsto.re/us/Raln-.i

Uses 3D Touch to zoom in and use different weapons.

PoisonMaps

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
The latest version of Poison Maps includes a unique use of 3D Touch for moving around a map more easily than by pinching and swiping.

If you press the map then it zooms out. If you press harder then it zooms out further. You can then move your finger to pan across to where you want (it automatically scrolls near the edges) and then simply lift your finger to zoom back in to the new area.

It requires one touch of one finger instead of the multi-finger gymnastics required by pinching and swiping (which it is not intended to replace but instead to complement).

It is also useful for giving context for what area you are looking at. If you press then it zooms out so you can see what is around you. Let go without moving your finger and it zooms back to exactly where you were.

The gesture is not only useful for maps. It would work for any type of data where the screen is not big enough to show the whole document. It is especially useful where you tend to work at the same scale but need to move around the document, such as when reading a PDF or a desktop-sized website; or editing a photo.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods