Anyone drop their phone yet?

charmguru

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
How did it feel dropping your new phone for the first time? Anyone shatter their screen?

I finally dropped my phone (with a case) but I dived for it just because I'm dramatic. I had a "nightmare" last night that I cracked my screen in Mexico and couldn't get it replaced. It was horrible. Lol.

laketide

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately. I dropped it Saturday. Not even a bad fall compared to the ones I have had with previous iPhones, but it must have hit the right spot because it completely shattered the screen.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately. I dropped it Saturday. Not even a bad fall compared to the ones I have had with previous iPhones, but it must have hit the right spot because it completely shattered the screen.

Ouch. What phone was it? I'm curious because the 6s and 6s Plus have held up so well in drop tests.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

laketide

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
It was a 64 GB rose gold 6s plus. I was really shocked too - it wasn't a bad fall at all. I didn't even immediately reach and get it because I had seen the same videos. I'm sure this was just a situation where it fell at that perfect angle and hit just right to break it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I dropped my new iPhone 6s Plus with the Black Apple Leather case and NO screen protection face down on the tile floor at Home Depot from approx 4 feet while removing it from my pocket. WHEW!!!, Glad to report NO DAMAGE what so ever to phone or case....SMILE

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It was a 64 GB rose gold 6s plus. I was really shocked too - it wasn't a bad fall at all. I didn't even immediately reach and get it because I had seen the same videos. I'm sure this was just a situation where it fell at that perfect angle and hit just right to break it.

Sorry to hear! There goes the whole "I don't need a case" argument. AppleCare?

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
One day last week, dropped my 6s Plus from my pocket. Fell about 3 feet on a concrete driveway, was in a case with glass screen protector. Got lucky, still in perfect condition

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Dropped it on a bathroom floor at work -_- landed face down but hit the corner of my phone first but my clear case from speck did its job *thumbs up*

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone dropped from about 3 or so feet up. Landed flat on the screen onto tile. No cracks scratches or anything. Like new. I have a super thin case, so the way it fell would have made no difference if the case wasn't on it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My phone is not the issue, but rather my iPad, I drop that sucker ALL the time, BUT I have a really good case on it for just such occasions. The worst is when I'm on my couch lounging and browsing and starting to nod, the BUMP, CRASH wakes me right up! LOL So far so good!

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
These stories make me really wanna get a case now. Wish my tech21 would hurry up & get here

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

Zafla

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I dropped mine last week from a small table, wasn't very high. It landed face down on a wood floor but everything was okay, had a case on. Still I almost had a heart attack.

numb3rmonkey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Didn't really drop it but I made a u-turn too fast and my 6s+ decided it had wings, took off from the center console, hit the pax door and landed on the floor under the dash. No damage but the scuff on my saddle brown leather case looks natural so...win.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sigh... I hate to say this because I am going to jinx myself but .. I haven't dropped a phone in a long while. I am hoping not to anytime soon haha :D.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Have dropped the phone many times and I only use tempered glass protector. So far only small crack on the bottom corner of the screen. And that is on the protector.