Anyone drop their phone yet?

mactracker1138

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Dropped mine on the sidewalk but nothing happened. I have an otter box commuter case on my 6s Plus and there's not even a scratch on that. I don't think it would have survived the drop to the pavement without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I dropped my new iPhone 6s Plus with the Black Apple Leather case and NO screen protection face down on the tile floor at Home Depot from approx 4 feet while removing it from my pocket. WHEW!!!, Glad to report NO DAMAGE what so ever to phone or case....SMILE

I work at Home Depot! Don't worry you could have returned it with us, we return ANYTHING...

rsgoldens

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I dropped mine the day after I got it face down onto the parking it at Target. Fell right out of my pocket. Phone was fine because it was in a case, but chipped the glass Zagg screen protector in two places. Love their lifetime warranty, went through four on my 6+!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Happy to say, No drops. This is my baby and I will keep her close to me.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

laketide

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Wow still shattered with case and tempered glass! Sorry to hear that. How much did it cost to fix the screen?

They said that the screens will cost $149 to replace once they are available. But (at least in my location) they have not received the parts to repair the screens yet so it just had to be replaced.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
OMG!!!!!!!!! I would have been SO worried!!!!

I dropped mine in church on Sunday. Landed face down but I've got it in a Speck and that's got a nice raised lip around the screen, so no worries.

Did it make that loud sound that makes everyone stop and turn to look at you? Been there done that lol.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
YET.....LOL

Might as well throw it on the ground and get it over with! Seems like the longer I go without dropping a phone, the more mad at myself I get when I finally do drop it.

Ive dropped mine a couple times now. Couple nicks in the Apple leather case, but nothing major.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Just happened to me yesterday at work. It dropped from a counter 5 feet high. I have Spigen hybrid metal case with no screen protector. I got so scared but my phone did not have any damage nor scratches on my screen. I was so relieve!

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I would not just be concerned about the external appearance after a drop but also the possibility of damage on the inside. Maybe not damage you see right away but instead eventually over time.

A drop cannot be good for the internal components of a phone lol.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. What phone was it? I'm curious because the 6s and 6s Plus have held up so well in drop tests.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Drop tests don't really mean much in my opinion. The two I've seen had the iPhone shattering quickly. They didn't hold up well in those at all.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Seems like everyone in here has been saved by a case. I'd be interesting in hearing from the anti case crowd. Or I assume they haven't dropped their phones yet lol. I personally haven't. But I have mine in a case just in case.

laketide

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Seems like everyone in here has been saved by a case. I'd be interesting in hearing from the anti case crowd. Or I assume they haven't dropped their phones yet lol. I personally haven't. But I have mine in a case just in case.

Not me! Case and glass screen protector and still shattered. I do have my replacement in a case and screen protector this time around too though - they have helped many times in the past I'm sure - just not this time.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a bad dream last night, I breaded that I dropped my iPhone 6s Plus and the screen shattered.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods