"Chipgate" which chip is in your phone? Samsung or TSMC?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

http://youtu.be/TbBCjcco67I

In this test the Samsung 6s+ did better than the TMSC on battery and performance. Not so much on the 6 comparison though.

I say there is so much variables to keep in mind. You can't believe every test posted online. Your phone is fine! Keep it!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm coming from a 6 Plus and have been using a Samsung 6S Plus for a week then a TSMC 6S the week after.

I don't know if it's related to the chip, but with the same configuration and usage, I have the same battery life on the TSMC 6S than the Samsung 6S Plus...(and obviously worse than my previous 6 Plus). I'm sticking with the 6S (as battery life was supposed to be a huge criteria in my choice between the 6S and 6S Plus).

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

So you're saying 6s battery is the same as a Samsung 6s plus. Lol come on now. Stop this non sense. I had both TMSC and Samsung and the battery seems to be better than the TMSC thus far. I could careless which I have. But to say a 6s has the same battery as a 6s plus is plain ridiculous.

nicolas_m

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Chipgate" which chip is in your phone? Samsung or TSMC?

So your 6s battery is the same as a Samsung 6s plus. Lol come on now. Stop this non sense. I had both TMSC and Samsung and the battery seems to be better than the TMSC thus far. But to say a 6s has the same battery as a 6s plus is plain ridiculous.

I'm sorry but based on my usage I get between 8 and 9 hours of on screen time per day on both phones. Again, I'm not saying it's because of the chip, I may have had a bad 6S Plus and a really good 6S overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

http://youtu.be/TbBCjcco67I

In this test the Samsung 6s+ did better than the TMSC on battery and performance. Not so much on the 6 comparison though.

I say there is so much variables to keep in mind. You can't believe every test posted online. Your phone is fine! Keep it!

You obviously didn't understand the video you just posted. It says there towards the end that TSMC it's 16-20% better under "heavy" load compared to Samsung and it's 5 degrees hotter. No significant difference under light usage. This is consistent with the video posted originally. Haha!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

You obviously didn't understand the video you just posted. It says there towards the end that TSMC is 16-20% better under heavy load compared to Samsung and it's 5 degrees hotter. This is consistent with the video posted originally. Haha!

Look at the Geekbench scores on the 6s plus he did and not the 6s. He was 'surprised'. How can he possibly make that conclusion when his own testing shows a different result. Now for 6s going by his test, I agree with his ending statement if you consider the test accurate. Hard to believe a guy that keeps referring to Samsung as Sony.

At the end of the day go ahead and return your Samsung phones. So pathetic lol. It must be nice to not have problems more important than this to worry about.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Except for nobody in the real world uses their phone under constant heavy load for hours at a time. Even playing games there will be lulls where the processor is not being clocked full tilt.

Are you sure of that? I have seen my niece playing with her phone's dad for several hours. Anyway, it doesn't have to be "constant" heavy load. Playing a game with intensive graphics for 10 mins is considered to be a heavy load for the processor. It also shows under heavy load that TSMC is cooler than Samsung meaning its using the processor much more efficient thus consuming much less battery.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Oh it could be 10 minutes of a heavy load, sure. But it is not under the same constant heavy load for hours on end that the Geekbench and other benchmarks use to test a battery. Benchmarks are not real world usage.

Benchmarks are not real world usage, I agree on that but at least gives you an idea on what your processor can do and your battery. That's the reason why benchmark exist.

coojoe1000#AC

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I ran the same test on my samsung based chip and got a way better result. I think there are many variables in play here...

image2.PNGimage1.PNG

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So I returned my T-Mobile 6s this afternoon for an ATT model bc I wanted wifi calling. The T-Mobile model had a Samsung chip. The ATT one I got had a TSMC chip. I can put it through the paces in the upcoming week and see based on my "real life" usage patterns and report back. I wasn't returning for the TSMC chip. It was just a "bonus".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btebeau

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Normally a die shrink = better power efficiency and more speed. Samsung = 14 nm and TSMC = 16 nm, so you would think it would be the other way, that the Samsung would be the one you want. Very strange.

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung chip. This is the first iPhone I've ever had coming from 5 years on Android. One thing I love is that this phone doesn't heat up while I'm using it. The only exception is using GPS for navigation, and even then it doesn't get nearly as warm as my Android phones. I get outstanding battery life. I can barely run it down past 40% even on days where I charged it the night before. No complaints here.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
TSMC here on both phones, 6S+ 128GB (grey/rose). Most 128GB 6s+ phones are TSMC according to what's being reported out there.
I don't think it warrants any concern AT ALL. Now if one or the other had a hardware bug rendering it physically inferior that would be another thing altogether. I would not fret it UNLESS somehow it's determined that one is demonstrably inferior to the other. So in the meantime just use your phone and worry about other things that matter.

Like jailbreak! :biggrin:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711