For people that go caseless, how is the camera holding up

wsrep

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
How is the camera lens holding up? Dings and scratches? I've always had no cases on all my previous cell phones. Since the camera lens sticks out just worried about getting scratched up easily. Have a case right now but looking to ditch it already.

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: For people that go caseless

Looking forward to some replies to this as well. I only had my 6S for a week before returning it for a Plus so I really didn't have any time to put it to the test. Also love the new texture vs the slippery 6 & 6+. Really want to go caseless with the 6S+, hope the new 7000 series aluminum paired with the sapphire lens on the camera holds up.

Sent from my  iPhone 5C using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
For people that go caseless

Negative. I was caseless on 6+ for a year and now with 6s+. That thing will not scratch.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For people that go caseless

Like the others, the camera lens is fine on my iPhone. In fact, my iPhone 6 Plus still looks new.

swepulse

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

Do you guys use a screen protector?
I have one on my 6 but I'm getting a 6S plus tomorrow, unsure if I need one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Do you guys use a screen protector?
I have one on my 6 but I'm getting a 6S plus tomorrow, unsure if I need one.

No, and I've never used careen protectors on my iPhones.

swepulse

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

No, and I've never used careen protectors on my iPhones.

I never had one on previous generations, but I found the 6 to be too slippery to not have protected. The reinforced body of the S cycle is comforting since I've always preferred not using a screen protector.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

I have a 6 plus from last year, granted I just got it a few months ago, but I don't use a case on it. It just feels good with no case. I thought I would try an Apple leather case in Midnight Blue, but I'll probably take it back. I don't like it. The buttons are hard to push, and I just like my phone with no case. I'm extremely careful with my phone tho....

pjs37

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

I usually go caseless with my devices (I start out with a case then decide its silly to hide such pretty devices with cases) I do use pouches/sleeves but mostly to keep my pocket dust out.

But I haven't had an issue so far. But its only been like a week.

JaneGL

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site

First thing I do is case it just because I want the best resale I can get when I sell and upgrade

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I have a 6 plus from last year, granted I just got it a few months ago, but I don't use a case on it. It just feels good with no case. I thought I would try an Apple leather case in Midnight Blue, but I'll probably take it back. I don't like it. The buttons are hard to push, and I just like my phone with no case. I'm extremely careful with my phone tho....

I have noticed that the newer leather cases seem to be harder to push the buttons. On The leather case I have from June the buttons are easier to push and feel more tactile. Plus on the previous leather case you can also hear the click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

They get easier with time. I like the look and feel of the leather. I have them all

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have noticed that the newer leather cases seem to be harder to push the buttons. On The leather case I have from June the buttons are easier to push and feel more tactile. Plus on the previous leather case you can also hear the click.

This year's Apple leather cases are made with European leather which is a better grade/quality of leather and as stated above will wear with time making the buttons easier to push, while allowing the Apple leather case to look and feel great longer.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I keep bouncing around between case and caseless. Even with its new metal, the 6s still feels slipper.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm going ceaseless currently. Kinda like the feel of the phone, but it'll probably change in a few days

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus  using Tapatalk

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

This year's Apple leather cases are made with European leather which is a better grade/quality of leather and as stated above will wear with time making the buttons easier to push, while allowing the Apple leather case to look and feel great longer.

I still love the look and feel of the leather cases. Very minimal (not bulky) with a great look. Not to mention they feel great!

jason_mabry

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I have never had a case on my iPhone 6 since the first day I got it December of last year. The iPhone itself is scratched up alot and has many dents in it. The ring around the camera is untouched and looks brand new. The camera sapphier cover is scratches but does not affect the overall picture quality.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234